Player restart/map votes.

Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Player restart/map votes.

Post by Flatulent » #596922

For some time now player votes have been completely disabled. This brings some problems:
1. It now requires admin intervention to restart the round if shuttle is otherwise not available. Given that player restarts succeed only during extremely nasty OOC situations such as unplayable TD (hello ice box and kilo), lack of restart options is VERY bad.
2. Map vote now may only happen during shuttle escape sequence, which can cause many people to miss the vote. This is a minor annoyance, but when Kilo is selected by a minority vote, it results in significant pop decreases.

Did we ever have a vote on this removal? Why was this decision never properly communicated and who is behind this?
Last edited by Flatulent on Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Player restart/map votes.

Post by oranges » #596929

I took it away because it was not adding any value
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #596930

[this space reserved]
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #596931

A: It's really funny to me that you think we'd vote on vote removal
B: it's a bug
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #596932

Flatulent wrote:2. Map vote now may only happen during shuttle escape sequence, which can cause many people to miss the vote. This is a minor annoyance, but when Kilo is selected by a minority vote, it results in significant pop decreases.
I appreciate this but: also consider people doing a map vote as soon as a round starts or at some other time. That becomes a lot less convenient than at the end of the round when people can just expect it to happen. People will end up missing it no matter when it is.

Also its a bug.
Hugs
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #596953

If it’s a bug, fine, just had to double-check.
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.