Maint drone required playtime

toadtheloser
Byond Username: Toad_the_loser

Maint drone required playtime

Post by toadtheloser » #599041

Headadmins please reduce this, requiring 40 hours as a silicon to play as a maintenance drone is insane. That's more hours required than playing as an AI, something that has a much bigger impact on the station.
tattle
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Re: Maint drone required playtime

Post by tattle » #599045

This sounds fair; drones are mechanically restricted in a lot of ways that will prevent easy grief too. Maybe something like 15 hours silicon?
Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #599274

In the very least maybe the same amount of hours as AI?
Hugs
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #599283

i ve played 200h of tg after merge and 1 round of cev eris and guess what i saw a drone in cev eris but none on tg

i think this shows how bad are these drones nerfed might as well give them back some playability until it fine tunes to fun to be one without griefness
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #599523

I think a bigger issue is that nobody builds em.
I've seen them around twice? (once was when I was a drone) out of a good 10-12? rounds.
People either
A) don't know about em
B) don't care about em
C) aren't interested in putting in the time to make em, apparently.

This, combined with the already-stated issue that you've gotta have 40 hours in a job that apparently most people don't enjoy, results in these lil buddies not really appearing. A shame, since I love seeing them scurry around.

EDIT: to make my point a bit clearer, since after a re-read, I can't understand it either:
I think there's more than just a playtime issue to be tweaked for drones to really "come back" - right now they're kind of nonexistent when they seem like they'd be a decent solution to a lot of minor station integrity issues.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
toadtheloser
Byond Username: Toad_the_loser

Post by toadtheloser » #599525

Omega_DarkPotato wrote:I think a bigger issue is that nobody builds em.
I've seen them around twice? (once was when I was a drone) out of a good 10-12? rounds.
People either
A) don't know about em
B) don't care about em
C) aren't interested in putting in the time to make em, apparently.

This, combined with the already-stated issue that you've gotta have 40 hours in a job that apparently most people don't enjoy, results in these lil buddies not really appearing. A shame, since I love seeing them scurry around.

EDIT: to make my point a bit clearer, since after a re-read, I can't understand it either:
I think there's more than just a playtime issue to be tweaked for drones to really "come back" - right now they're kind of nonexistent when they seem like they'd be a decent solution to a lot of minor station integrity issues.
I wouldn't say the playtime is the main issue, but it seems to be the catalyst. The cycle of not printing them since nobody can play them, to people forgetting that they're a feature, and then they fall into obscurity.
JJRcop
Byond Username: JJRcop
Github Username: JJRcop

Post by JJRcop » #599948

I didn't know this thread existed but it was changed to 14 hours as silicon in the codebase, and the headmins are fine with that. (Haven't overridden it)
I lurk quite often...