Can the AI/Borgs on Assimov report traitors

technokek
Byond Username: Technokek

Can the AI/Borgs on Assimov report traitors

Post by technokek » #599464

Going by this Note,

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 63#p599463 Assimovs are not allowed to report Cults/Revs/Human Murderboners/Human Wizzards/Human Traitors/.... to the crew because the crew might harm them in the future.

For example:

I the AI notice a human flashing and dragging my borg to main seconds later the borg is disconnected and both come out of maint. This ruling prevents me from informing the Crew that a borg was emagged and person X is a traitor, because the crew might harm person X and when the borg is resynced he might be forced to give up the name of the human.

Stealth ops are sneak in and start murdering people, i cannot report this because the crew would of course retaliate in trying to murder the ops.

Someone throws some dude in the SM, i cannot report this because "Security would of course execute a traitor".

The virologist makes a death virus is taking it out of viro but has not released it, i cannot report this because someone might harm him.
Malkraz
Byond Username: Malkraz

Re: Can the AI/Borgs on Assimov report traitors

Post by Malkraz » #599466

Did you intentionally not read Timberpoes' post so you could use this as a peanut to dunk on Vekter without getting deleted
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #599469

Is this another "let's have a general policy discussion about a specific incident" episode?

Not every incident can be extrapolated to the general case. This is like someone getting noted for blowing themselves up on a welder tank and a policy discussion springing up like "WHAT SO NONANTAGS CAN'T CLICK ON WELDER TANKS NOW?"
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #599470

I think it’s general and commonly occurring enough to excuse a policy thread. Probably would have waited to see how the appeal went first though
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #599475

report human harm
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #599508

Neither the crew or antags can be assumed to be harmful without cause. If the antag harms someone and the AI sees it, they are well within their right to report them.

However if say, Security were to harm a prisoner, then the AI should refrain from reporting the non-harmful antag.

If both parties are harmful, the AI should act in the interest of all non-harmful humans, reporting the location of both harmful humans.

Or to put it another way, if the AI reports and locks down non-harmful antags but dosen't do the same against harmful valudhunters/sec, then the AI is in violation of it's laws.

Tldr: Admins need to read silicon policy more iften
Valorium
Byond Username: Valorium

Post by Valorium » #599514

Generally, I've seen that silicons seem to be allowed to interfere with or negatively impact humans for having previously committed harm - I've seen HIs bolt down brig for minutes at a time and ignore Law 2 commands from security for most of a shift over executing a violent prisoner for example. Given that these actions are considered totally fine, and yet reporting a murderer is somehow considered not kosher, I find it mildly confusing, to say the least.

Additionally, the issue may depend on context; if you were one of five people murdered by a traitor for being in a room with them, and you get borged, that may indicate a different tendency in the murderer (i.e. will cause human harm regardless of provocation or en masse, thus implying they may do so again) as opposed to a clear single-target assassination which results in your borging (which may indicate they will not inflict further human harm in an attempt to lay low). Of course, this may be hard to discern in the moment.

Lastly, it may also depend on server. For instance, Terry has a much different security-antagonist relationship/culture (meaning antags get gibbed, their brains deep fried and spaced and their gear handed out like candy) than Manuel (arrest antags rather than kill them even well beyond the point of "let's just get rid of them already", letting people escape perma multiple times and letting off multi-murderers with a slap on the wrist). If you have evidence that an antagonist you call out will be arrested and brigged rather than murdered on the spot, that should factor into your decision, with the opposite holding just as true.
Native Manuellian and Shiptest admin. Ignore me.

Also the author of several drone adventures.