Security officers and permanent punishments.

Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Security officers and permanent punishments.

Post by Boot » #606696

Few weeks ago had a discussion with an admin in-which the topic of if security officers needed to ask the HOS/Warden/Captain to Permabrig someone. That on LRP servers they don't need to request/give a heads up to them for punishments.

How far does this go? I remember reading somewhere that perma/execution/borging all fall within the same ballpark of permanent remove from round super punishment that's gotta be ran past command.

Just to make this simple, basic question: If a security officer has reason to enact a permanent punishment on you do they need to ask/give a heads up to command staff if possible?
Image Image
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Re: Security officers and permanent punishments.

Post by Screemonster » #606821

Non-antagonists can do whatever they want to antagonists as per lone antagonists, but non-antagonists are not allowed to pre-emptively search for, hinder or otherwise seek conflict with antagonists without reasonable prior cause. Non-antags acting like an antag can be treated as an antag.
I don't see anything about asking your boss here.
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #606860

Not talking about an antaganist situation, there are plenty of situations in-which a non-antag gets permabrigged or executed.
Image Image
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #606863

If they are antag/acting like one fair game.

For nonantags not acting like an antag (severe greytiding i guess? I'd personally just off these people before they have a chance to prove they ARENT antag in LRP), the approval piece really only ever matters for execution, and on LRP there really isnt any backing for enforced CoC. If you wouldnt get smacked for killing them with approval, you arent going to get smacked for killing them without, again only talking about LRP where CoC doesnt have much enforcement.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #606869

I mean perma is rarely used in LRP because if you're justified in putting someone in there you are justified in killing them. on LRP there is no need to ask warden/hos/captain (although you should give the warden a head's up since their job is to guard the brig, you don't need their permission though.)

I have no idea what's enforced or what the rule is on MRP, but I imagine perma is used a lot more there because it's much more leniant than killing and you're supposed to be a little nicer to antags there with the expectation that antag isn't going to abuse that leniancy to just bone.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #606870

if you are 100% sure he needs to be executed on the spot go for it, if you arent sure what to do ask on sec radio
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #607094

Boot wrote:Few weeks ago had a discussion with an admin in-which the topic of if security officers needed to ask the HOS/Warden/Captain to Permabrig someone. That on LRP servers they don't need to request/give a heads up to them for punishments.

How far does this go? I remember reading somewhere that perma/execution/borging all fall within the same ballpark of permanent remove from round super punishment that's gotta be ran past command.

Just to make this simple, basic question: If a security officer has reason to enact a permanent punishment on you do they need to ask/give a heads up to command staff if possible?
Yeah, not on LRP at least. Validity policy goes into effect - if the player is valid sec can kill them or permabrig them without HoS/cap approval. Although I think technically they need permission according to spacelaw, it isn't required. It's also a great thing it isn't required. I've played on a server where you needed cap approval to do executions, and HoS approval for perma, and it was extremely tedious and inefficient. Ended up with ridiculous situations like having a cultist captured and waiting 5 min for cap to respond with his decision about what to do with him, while the rest of cult ransacks the station.
Spoiler: