kilo still votable on high pop and configs not applying

Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

kilo still votable on high pop and configs not applying

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #610118

its votable on more than 50 pop, it seems the headmins forgot to change the config or the config doesnt work, in the meanwhile that this is fixed we could remove the map from rotation

example of config not working : round 167442
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Re: kilo still votable on high pop and configs not applying

Post by Mothblocks » #610164

Inept told me earlier that it IS set--it just doesn't work. Apparently Delta is supposed to have a minimum pop too! :lol:
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
EOBGames
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: EOBGames

Post by EOBGames » #610183

Jaredfogle wrote:Inept told me earlier that it IS set--it just doesn't work. Apparently Delta is supposed to have a minimum pop too! :lol:
Yeah, I have no access to the server configs, of course, but according to the codebase configuration file, all maps besides Kilo are set with a minimum population level, 25 for Meta and Icebox, 35 for Tram, and 50(!) for Delta. The system definitely needs fixed but frankly some of these numbers are going to need to be looked at, lest we end up losing 2/5ths of the map pool at midpop. If any headmins happen to be looking, mind dropping the server config files in here for some better clarity?
Everyone's favourite internewt. Je maptiendrai.
In the rare event that I'm on the server, I'm either Inept-At-Job or Kayden Riker. Accept no substitutes.
If you've gotta contact me, hit me up on discord, as I don't really check forum DMs: @Emerald_or_Bust#1314
Spoiler:
Beware the Chilledstation, for it approaches.
Fluff Images:
► Show Spoiler
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #610186

[Five-player Delta rounds intensify]
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #610188

Those configs are public aren't they? https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/syb ... g/maps.txt
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
EOBGames
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: EOBGames

Post by EOBGames » #610196

Alright, I've been looking at the map vote algorithm and regretfully it's all Greek to me. Someone more well versed in actual code should take a look at it, see if they can figure it out.
TheFinalPotato wrote:Those configs are public aren't they? https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/syb ... g/maps.txt
If those are our configs, they're better, but still not great. Alright, proposal to amend these alongside any fixes being made to the map vote algorithm:
  • Box should be made non-votable/removed from the config, given it's been removed.
  • Actually half the stations in this list should just be removed- why do we still have Birdboat, or Dreamstation, or Efficiency in there? None of them have been in the game for 5 years!
  • Minimum players should be removed from Kilostation, so it can serve as our low-midpop bracket map.
  • The minimums on Tram and Icebox could stand to be either reduced or removed. They're not really necessary, although I suppose for the sake of keeping the servers on something more suited to deadpop setting (i.e. Kilo) a low minimum of 15-20 on them and Meta could be set. Your call headmins, I'd probably err towards removing them, though.
  • Delta requiring a population of 50 means that under a working system it's almost never going to actually get an opportunity to run: drop it to 25-30, would be my personal suggestion.
Everyone's favourite internewt. Je maptiendrai.
In the rare event that I'm on the server, I'm either Inept-At-Job or Kayden Riker. Accept no substitutes.
If you've gotta contact me, hit me up on discord, as I don't really check forum DMs: @Emerald_or_Bust#1314
Spoiler:
Beware the Chilledstation, for it approaches.
Fluff Images:
► Show Spoiler
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #610203

Honestly, Delta has quickly grown to be my favorite station and I would be very sad if it got shut out from the 10-30 bracket unless we got MiniStation back for 20-

Maybe it's just dumb nostalgia but I miss MiniStation.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #610237

delta is fine as any pop it says its high pop map but its just a normal map with 3 maint bars instead of one and the extra space in atmos just gives low pop people more autism project to do

meta: no pop caps
delta: no pop caps
icebox: no pop caps
tram: uhhh it doesnt work that well on high pop should be like 60ish cap?
kilo : 40 pop cap
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #610246

I'll be honest I think trams probably deserving of a low cap as well, something like kilo, just because I don't think the actual habitable space is big enough, and the constant shoulder bumping with everyone else makes it really hard to work in.

I'd honestly slash tlal's suggested caps in half, something like 30 for both.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #610247

Jaredfogle wrote:Inept told me earlier that it IS set--it just doesn't work. Apparently Delta is supposed to have a minimum pop too! :lol:
why am i not surprised
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #610271

Kilo does midpop better than Tram because Tram has so little habitable space and so much tram space

And god help you if you're a cult or something, maint sucks ass, good luck setting up a base. On the other hand, at least randos will never stumble upon it because the maint in Tram doesn't go anywhere so people barely go in it? idk