New Allowance to the In-Game Word Filter

RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

New Allowance to the In-Game Word Filter

Post by RaveRadbury » #615718

After discussion with the host, MSO has allowed for "nigger" to be added to the in-game word filter. An examination of its use in the community has found that most uses of it are OOC, and the signal-to-noise level of usage on both the OOC metric and the racist metric is poor enough to not warrant caring about the edge cases. If added, messages containing it will be rejected just like with other filtered words.

Since the creation of Rule 11 there have been many conversations about how adding slurs to the filter was not possible because it did not fit with the host's vision of avoiding the creation of a banned word list.

As the community has not been able to discuss this possibility in earnest we would prefer having a period of open discussion before deciding to act on it.

Please share your thoughts about this opportunity.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: New Allowance to the In-Game Word Filter

Post by wesoda25 » #615719

I find it odd that we acknowledge that there are words which are so bad they are not worth having on our servers, yet don't include equally inappropriate words in that category. "Tranny" comes to mind first, and "faggot" as well, although the latter at least was socially acceptable at a time. I feel it sends an odd message. Specifically with the former I cannot imagine any sort of worthwhile IC interaction which depends upon this word, I feel it will only generate drama and more bans and appeals and discussions until we eventually decide to include it on the list as well.
[this space reserved]
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #615723

Anuv wrote:Image
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #615724

wesoda25 wrote:I find it odd that we acknowledge that there are words which are so bad they are not worth having on our servers, yet don't include equally inappropriate words in that category. "Tranny" comes to mind first, and "faggot" as well, although the latter at least was socially acceptable at a time. I feel it sends an odd message. Specifically with the former I cannot imagine any sort of worthwhile IC interaction which depends upon this word, I feel it will only generate drama and more bans and appeals and discussions until we eventually decide to include it on the list as well.
Frankly the reason for this is because instances of those other slurs are often more obviously bigoted and easy to punish for because they haven't made their way into such common usage. The desire to make specifically that work culturally acceptable in the community has been successful over the last couple of years, and it's a problem that increased over time until we reached the point of implementing rule 11. If you were to replace many instances of the n-word with "Black people" it would actually make the sentence more bigoted, which is an indication of how normalised the slur itself became.

It's so universal that I genuinely believe many of the people responding to ahelps with the phrase "I thought it was normal here". They are right. It's normalized here. Admin intervention would have to have the specific, uncaring brutal consistency of an actual banbot to clear this problem over the course of months, let alone immediately.

OR, we can just add it to the fucking filter and be done with this forever.

When it comes to other slurs, they are equally abhorrent, but do not hold the same cultural acceptability on the server, so pragmatically there is far less need to use a filter. They are both rarer and more obvious. There is essentially no situation you can use the t-slur without it being an obvious instance of bigotry. There is no acceptable colloquial reclamation of the word in common parlance.

TL;DR

It's pragmatically necessary, not ethically consistent
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #615725

can I still say ligger? Asking for a friend.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #615726

I feel like allowing people to actually write those words can give an easier time exposing individuals using them in bad faith and openly showing their bigotry. This is the objective of the rule after all right? To eject bigotry from the community.

Having some cases in which their use is not actionable by admins (ie:"good morning my good niggas"), albeit still not preferred by many, I think has its disadvantages outweighed by the advantages.

People should be free to express themselves, but do so minding others and abiding by the spirit of the rules of the community they're part of. I believe this effort and consideration needs to come fully from oneself, and not from a word censor.

Istoprocent1
Byond Username: istoprocent

Post by Istoprocent1 » #615727

Why not have a corrective filter for words and/or phrases that are deemed to be not suitable rather than the message just not going through?

Somebody says: "X is such a [insert gamerword]" and the filter would change the message to "X is such a [insert randomized palatable replacement word]".
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #615728

Agux909 wrote:I feel like allowing people to actually write those words can give an easier time exposing individuals using them in bad faith and openly showing their bigotry. This is the objective of the rule after all right? To eject bigotry from the community.

Having some cases in which their use is not actionable by admins (ie:"good morning my good niggas"), albeit still not preferred by many, I think has its disadvantages outweighed by the advantages.

People should be free to express themselves, but do so minding others and abiding by the spirit of the rules of the community they're part of. I believe this effort and consideration needs to come fully from oneself, and not from a word censor.
Our intention is not to run a fucking honeypot. We are not trying to trap and ban people with shitty opinions, we want to keep the shitty opinions off our fucking video game
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #615730

Stickymayhem wrote:
Agux909 wrote:I feel like allowing people to actually write those words can give an easier time exposing individuals using them in bad faith and openly showing their bigotry. This is the objective of the rule after all right? To eject bigotry from the community.

Our intention is not to run a fucking honeypot. We are not trying to trap and ban people with shitty opinions, we want to keep the shitty opinions off our fucking video game
You neglect the final part of my post. Do you disagree with that? Would you rather have people find new, greyer ways to be bigoted and put admins into an even harder position because they aren't sure if someone is being bigoted or not?

I don't mind a word filter, I just feel like it's not the best way to tackle bigotry, and that the way it's being done now (specially with the recent change to rule 11) is ideal, and works fine.

However, if the consensus is to add the word filter, I'm not going to be against it.
Last edited by Agux909 on Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #615731

No the rule is not to eject bigots, its to stop expression of bigotry.

Bigots can still say "nigga pls" or "what are you faggots playing" or even not use any slurs in any context at all. You can still hate the gays/blacks/trans people to the same degree as you can before, you just cant have that manifest into something that can be picked up by someone else. If we exclusively had intent to eject actual bigots, you would have to concede jokes that expressed bigotry but did not express the user's true beliefs would need to be allowed.

The word filter is ideal here because people who use slurs as part of their (crass) language but not with the specific intent to be bigoted towards people can still SAY the word but it just wont go thru, which is a good way to encourage people to avoid using the word altogether.

More importantly, I find that some of the admins have a very zealous passion for banning slurs which includes some of the headmins, so I would like them to not be involved in the process unless needed. Word filters are great in that regard because it does not have a black friend who you cant seem to ever actually invite to ss13, and therefore you're not having to RTD if you drop a slur out of anger or what have you.

Really words like faggot/tranny/etc. should also be added, anything that takes admins out of the equation, especially when the only defense in the thread so far is that theyre even more obviously used in bigoted instances. If its just the n word that just goes to show the ratio of North Americans on the headmin team lol.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #615732

Cobby wrote:No the rule is not to eject bigots, its to stop expression of bigotry.

Bigots can still say "nigga pls" or "what are you faggots playing" or even not use any slurs in any context at all. You can still hate the gays/blacks/trans people to the same degree as you can before, you just cant have that manifest into something that can be picked up by someone else. If we exclusively had intent to eject actual bigots, you would have to concede jokes that expressed bigotry but did not express the user's true beliefs would need to be allowed.

The word filter is ideal here because people who use slurs as part of their (crass) language but not with the specific intent to be bigoted towards people can still SAY the word but it just wont go thru, which is a good way to encourage people to avoid using the word altogether.

More importantly, I find that some of the admins have a very zealous passion for banning slurs which includes some of the headmins, so I would like them to not be involved in the process unless needed. Word filters are great in that regard because it does not have a black friend who you cant seem to ever actually invite to ss13, and therefore you're not having to RTD if you drop a slur out of anger or what have you.

Really words like faggot/tranny/etc. should also be added, anything that takes admins out of the equation, especially when the only defense in the thread so far is that theyre even more obviously used in bigoted instances. If its just the n word that just goes to show the ratio of North Americans on the headmin team lol.
When I said "eject bigotry" I obviously meant its expression. I don't need you to tell me there isn't a thought police, and that everyone can think whatever they want, it's not rocket science.

That's why I said the effort should come from oneself to be considerate to others. If you can't do the most basic thing that is not expressing your bigotry openly, you should be ejected.

toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #615734

Attachments
1984.jpg
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #615736

Agux909 wrote: When I said "eject bigotry" I obviously meant its expression. I don't need you to tell me there isn't a thought police, and that everyone can think whatever they want, it's not rocket science.

That's why I said the effort should come from oneself to be considerate to others. If you can't do the most basic thing that is not expressing your bigotry openly, you should be ejected.
The nuance is important though specifically because some people believe simply using the word regardless of context makes you a bigot, which is something I disagree with. Im guessing people realize this to some degree because despite the "i cant ever invite my black friend to tg" stories we still have these people active in the community, so either they're cool with the alleged bigotry or they understand that some usage of slurs is isnt completely "we literally hate all X people" and theyre simply trying to curate the level of expressed-but-not-actual bigotry.

The effort still requires you to be considerate to others because otherwise YOU are disadvantaged by not having your messages sent. Unless you're going to argue that we shouldnt have any bigotry rule and we rely on gentleman's agreement your point doesnt even make sense since having admins act as the word filter has the same argument.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #615740

Istoprocent1 wrote:Why not have a corrective filter for words and/or phrases that are deemed to be not suitable rather than the message just not going through?

Somebody says: "X is such a [insert gamerword]" and the filter would change the message to "X is such a [insert randomized palatable replacement word]".
changing the n-word into "puppies" would just turn puppies into a dogwhistle instantly
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #615744

Cobby wrote:
Agux909 wrote: When I said "eject bigotry" I obviously meant its expression. I don't need you to tell me there isn't a thought police, and that everyone can think whatever they want, it's not rocket science.

The nuance is important though specifically because some people believe simply using the word regardless of context makes you a bigot, which is something I disagree with. Im guessing people realize this to some degree because despite the "i cant ever invite my black friend to tg" stories we still have these people active in the community, so either they're cool with the alleged bigotry or they understand that some usage of slurs is isnt completely "we literally hate all X people" and theyre simply trying to curate the level of expressed-but-not-actual bigotry.

The effort still requires you to be considerate to others because otherwise YOU are disadvantaged by not having your messages sent. Unless you're going to argue that we shouldnt have any bigotry rule and we rely on gentleman's agreement your point doesnt even make sense since having admins act as the word filter has the same argument.
Completely disagree with that last part. My point is just that the rule works right now, as it was intended to work, and that we don't really need a list of filtered words. The one that put the rule and specifically said didn't want a list of banned words was the Host himself. If you're saying my point 100% doesn't make sense, you're then at least partially saying MSO's intentions with rule 11 don't make sense.

Not having ANY bigotry rule would be the real "honeypot", as Sticky mentioned in their previous post. Because we as a community would still want to eject the expression of bigotry, and not having any rule about it would mean we'd be passively attracting bigots to a trap.

Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #615758

Agux909 wrote:
Cobby wrote:

Completely disagree with that last part. My point is just that the rule works right now, as it was intended to work, and that we don't really need a list of filtered words. The one that put the rule and specifically said didn't want a list of banned words was the Host himself. If you're saying my point 100% doesn't make sense, you're then at least partially saying MSO's intentions with rule 11 don't make sense.

Not having ANY bigotry rule would be the real "honeypot", as Sticky mentioned in their previous post. Because we as a community would still want to eject the expression of bigotry, and not having any rule about it would mean we'd be passively attracting bigots to a trap.
Everything you're writing in this thread is incorrect. We had no bigotry rule. The result was unrestricted bigotry. We had a strong minority of Nazis extremely happily advocating for the genocides of all jews, black people, gays etc.every day in OOC and IC. Until we had a rule that removed bigotry, bigotry was not removed.

There is still a huge amount of bigotry on some servers and we've had Rule 11 for a year. The filter will work better.

I don't know whether you're delusional, completely misinformed on the real state of the problems that we had, or smokescreening for nazis with concern trolling because you're sympathetic to bigotry.
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #615761

Stickymayhem wrote:I don't know whether you're delusional, completely misinformed on the real state of the problems that we had, or smokescreening for nazis with concern trolling because you're sympathetic to bigotry.
delusional and misinformed for 50 points, please.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #615762

Stickymayhem wrote:
Agux909 wrote:
Cobby wrote:

Everything you're writing in this thread is incorrect. We had no bigotry rule. The result was unrestricted bigotry. We had a strong minority of Nazis extremely happily advocating for the genocides of all jews, black people, gays etc.every day in OOC and IC. Until we had a rule that removed bigotry, bigotry was not removed.

There is still a huge amount of bigotry on some servers and we've had Rule 11 for a year. The filter will work better.

I don't know whether you're delusional, completely misinformed on the real state of the problems that we had, or smokescreening for nazis with concern trolling because you're sympathetic to bigotry.
I might be missinformed by my own experiences then, because from my point of view I have seen bans being applied, and lately no bigotry in Sybil. Can't speak for every single place at every time because I'm not omniscient, unfortunately.

Also don't try to put me into the "opposite side" just because I bring a different opinion to a policy thread. I even said I wouldn't mind the filter if the consensus was that it was needed. Can you please keep it civil? Thanks.

Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #615763

Stickymayhem wrote:I don't know whether you're delusional, completely misinformed on the real state of the problems that we had, or smokescreening for nazis with concern trolling because you're sympathetic to bigotry.
Wouldn’t be a true Rule 11 thread without Sticky snidely insinuating that a community member is a racist.
► Show Spoiler
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #615770

Farquaar wrote:
Wouldn’t be a true Rule 11 thread without Sticky snidely insinuating that a community member is a racist.
I offered two alternatives they were perfectly able to accept instead :^)
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #615771

Stickymayhem wrote:
Farquaar wrote:
I offered two alternatives they were perfectly able to accept instead :^)
This is not a slippery slope you're gonna make me fall into Sticky, you even offering that "option" is completely out of place.

We're here to discuss and to help reach an agreement, prompted by the current headmin no less.

Also I'm just a player, you're an admin, former headmin and someone who was in the community for way longer than me. You should know better.

As I said, keep it civil, or let civil people discuss here, which is what was happening before your "multiple choice" post.

Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #615784

Im still confused on the take that the extent of how many times a slur says matters for enforcement. It's not like say getting people killed in the videogame that sometimes can be hand waved with rule of cool, it's either you are ok with the words being said ingame (perhaps only in specific incidences) or you're not to the point you want to enforce not saying them.

Unless youre going to tell me you care about the performance cost of the server and you think the filter is going to make it take a impactful hit, im totally lost on trying to actually extrapolate the motives behind not putting it behind something more foolproof than admins unless you DO want slurs to be said on occassion and then missed. Even if theres some edge case where false positives exists, the only trouble is you have to retype the message (ctrl+up).

The "good faith meter" is slowly falling down with each consecutive post lol.
Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #615791

Cobby wrote:Im still confused on the take that the extent of how many times a slur says matters for enforcement. It's not like say getting people killed in the videogame that sometimes can be hand waved with rule of cool, it's either you are ok with the words being said ingame (perhaps only in specific incidences) or you're not to the point you want to enforce not saying them.

Unless youre going to tell me you care about the performance cost of the server and you think the filter is going to make it take a impactful hit, im totally lost on trying to actually extrapolate the motives behind not putting it behind something more foolproof than admins unless you DO want slurs to be said on occassion and then missed. Even if theres some edge case where false positives exists, the only trouble is you have to retype the message (ctrl+up).

The "good faith meter" is slowly falling down with each consecutive post lol.
It's really not, but whatever. I'm just going to fall back into the simplest notion of what I'm trying to say here because obviously there's some miscommunication problem between us.
Rule 11 wrote:It is not our goal to create or enforce a list of banned words and instead our goal to eject the expression of bigotry from the community.
This is my last post here, the rest of interested parties can read my opinion and hopefully understand where I'm coming from (which is not "encouraging bigotry"), reflect from it or discard it.

If the consensus is that outright banning the words right now is the best option, then it shall be so. Remember that I am but a single individual and I can be wrong in my limited perception of the community at large.

iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #615811

based, now add all the other slurs too
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #615812

Filter is better than enforcement because everyone has a different stance on what is or isn’t acceptable. It completely removes the required action and inevitable subjectivity of admins which makes it easier for everyone.
[this space reserved]
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #615827

wesoda25 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:32 pm Filter is better than enforcement because everyone has a different stance on what is or isn’t acceptable. It completely removes the required action and inevitable subjectivity of admins which makes it easier for everyone.
I like this approach but I'm also stuck acknowledging that filtering will never be the be all end all. It'd be a painful uphill battle for someone to want it to be, and that battle would never be winnable.

That said I can understand it as making a clear, concise stance on things.
Hugs
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #615863

wesoda25 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:01 pm I find it odd that we acknowledge that there are words which are so bad they are not worth having on our servers, yet don't include equally inappropriate words in that category. "Tranny" comes to mind first, and "faggot" as well, although the latter at least was socially acceptable at a time. I feel it sends an odd message. Specifically with the former I cannot imagine any sort of worthwhile IC interaction which depends upon this word, I feel it will only generate drama and more bans and appeals and discussions until we eventually decide to include it on the list as well.
Trying to equivalate tranny and faggot with nigger is some peak libtard woke shit.

I get that trying to equate them makes your point more valid, but it's still disingenuous.

nigger isn't getting word filtered because its bad, its getting word filtered because its ooc, because terry can't behave and the team seemed hesitant to just apply it to terry's filter list even thats where the majority of the abuse comes from, and because the mechanics of hard-rs is such that the venn graph of non-bigoted use cases and non-ooc use cases are mostly two circles so it doesn't need to be said in ic.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #615864

tranny and faggot are also OOC by your own rule's metrics (homophobia vs xenophilia).

If we are comparing them to nigger by the metric of non-bigoted usecase frequency vs bigoted use case, yeah I think they're only used to directly call people faggot or tranny ingame so theyre comparable. I dont really care about the subjective comparison of "which slur is worse to use", since I think thats bigoted in itself to value certain "checkboxes" over others because theyre the hotter topic.

Also more importantly I think this is why the filter is good, on the rare instance you find an opening in the game where you can use faggot or tranny or nigger, nothing gets said and you move on with your life instead of having to talk to an admin for the rest of the shift contemplating if your specific version of faggot or tranny or nigga/er was done in a good manner. Taking admins out of the equation is a good thing, because quite frankly im tired of hearing the argument slide down the slope of acceptable usecases and this course of action still lets them play the game. Before the metric was "is the person black ic or ooc and the individual knew about it aka harassment", now you cant call them the word at all but if you call a group of people a slur like "what are you faggots doing" or you drop the er for A and then add plz like "nigga plz" there is somehow no expressed bigotry.

There is no common sense, just make the word filter and be done with it because I can at least guess what (you) want enforced if its on the list and people are purposefully dancing around it. I cant do that when I get "slurs are totally not ok but I also want to protect slurs used in certain phrases because they have sentimental value to me/the parts of the internet (i) frequent". Neither of those phrases have value to me and I have defended crass language multiple times on the board, but I am tired of picking brains on where the line gets drawn and letting people play ban frogger because it is bad-faith on the admin side to dance around the subject.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #615865

Jonathan Gupta wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:41 pm can I still say ligger? Asking for a friend.
As an admeme I'd also like to know the answer to this. With nigger being promoted to full OOC word filtering, where does ligger sit on the spectrum of OOC/bigoted/not OOC/not bigoted?
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #615867

I imagine anyone with 3 brain cells to rub together would just go "huh okay, I'll add a third G"
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #615868

Cobby wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:31 pm now you cant call them the word at all but if you call a group of people a slur like "what are you faggots doing" or you drop the er for A and then add plz like "nigga plz" there is somehow no expressed bigotry.
Correct!

The words themselves are not bigoted on their own.

I get that we will never see eye to eye on this, but being insensitive != bigot.

I can call people who ride loud harleys around town in groups faggots without saying anything about gay people.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #615888

XivilaiAnaxes wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:38 pm I imagine anyone with 3 brain cells to rub together would just go "huh okay, I'll add a third G"
If you obviously try to go around the word filter, and are just as bigoted as before, then you're just preparing yourself for a harsher ban since you now know what you're doing is wrong.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #615894

MrStonedOne wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:45 pm
Correct!

The words themselves are not bigoted on their own.

I get that we will never see eye to eye on this, but being insensitive != bigot.

I can call people who ride loud harleys around town in groups faggots without saying anything about gay people.
I don’t disagree but my confusion is why is it bigoted but not just insensitive to use nigger so long as you’re not using the word directly to represent black people in the same way faggot, tranny, or even nigga gets enforced.

This is why I’m just for setting these all to just filter so there’s no real admin action and we can move on instead of admins having to pick your (I can easily guess the current headmin stance on slurs so don’t need to bother them) brain on whether the slur is on level with nigger or if it’s a fair use slur like faggot/tranny.

I’d rather we go back to the idea that you’re free to use slurs as crass language so long as you’re not using it to harass players or their ic characters and tell the black/trans/gay friends that totally exist that not everyone is as posh as them, but if we’re going down this line I rather we rip the bandaid instead of slowly peel it or leave it dangling
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #616125

I support this action but think the thread title was misleading.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by dragomagol » #616363

The team has agreed to make this addition to the word filter, this policy thread will remain open for people to discuss its impact.

NamelessFairy: Yes
RaveRadbury: Yes
Dragomagol: Yes
AKA tattle

Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #616366

good going terrytards you lost your gamer privileges
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #616367

based
IcePacks
Byond Username: IcePacks

Post by IcePacks » #616369

good
OOC: Deitus: tfw RL porn doesnt sexually excite me anymore
Boot
Byond Username: B00t

Post by Boot » #616370

Man that's so weird why is the guy who ran on a platform of "we will not have a list of banned words" voting to create a list of banned words I don't understand.
Image Image
Bytube
Github User
Byond Username: Bytube
Github Username: Bytube

Post by Bytube » #616371

people are already ranting in #politics-containment about why not being able to say the hard-R is bad

as if saying it didn't make you look like enough of a dumbass
world famous lizard lawyer
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #616373

Boot wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:50 pm Man that's so weird why is the guy who ran on a platform of "we will not have a list of banned words" voting to create a list of banned words I don't understand.
Headmin promises mean nothing and every term are repeatedly broken, it's not just rave it's every past headmin because headmins are politicians and politicians are LIARS

t. lying politian here
SuperNovaa41
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: SuperNovaa41

Post by SuperNovaa41 » #616374

jesus christ do we really need an entire policy thread about this? this community is so dramatic. Just add the word and fucking move on.
I am a maintainer for /tg/

I play Seth Scherer somtimes

Qbmax32
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #616375

based
my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:02 am Qbmax32 is quite literally one of the dumbest individuals I have ever had the misfortune of coming into contact with. He has zero redeemable traits, and honestly I have to suppress my gag reflex every time he shows up in a conversation.
Malkraz wrote:YES
DRINK THE PISS QB
angelstarri wrote:qbmax is a retard
imsxz wrote:mythic please stop you’ve hit rock bottom and you KEEP DIGGING
deedubya wrote:I'll defend to the death your right to scream "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" on a constant basis, but I'll also equally defend the right of people to call you a fuckin' pillock for doing it.
datorangebottle wrote:what, not having to act like customer service in a volunteer customer service position?

Here's a rebuttal: you're literally in a customer service slash celebrity position. Volunteer or not.
Malkraz wrote:can you stop posting this shit
Nalzul wrote:Fuck Blob (can you imagine how hot it would be to be gangbanged by a bunch of blobbernauts, the blob, and spores)
Wyzack wrote:qbmax your pathetic display of abhorrent burgercraft has brought shame onto the omnivores
Plapatin wrote:i AM the senate
BONERMASTER wrote:I am a big thinker, and it would only be logical if my character had a big head as well. And glasses. Because only people that think, wear glasses.
feem wrote:i tried to send canisters of urine to the station but ended up turning all oxygen into urine and breaking lavaland and also breathing
Anonmare wrote:Each post in this thread can't settle on what it wants to be, but yet, each one is more cursed than the last.
Beesting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.
Vile Beggar wrote:i don't like this thread
imsxz wrote:nervore
FantasticFwoosh wrote:I will whisper sweet nothings that will confuse and perhaps scare you a little, but enhance the experience no-less.
afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me
Nervere wrote:Anything for a femoid.....
Qbopper wrote:I'm a dumb poopy butthead
CitrusGender wrote:god i love it when people feed me my own fried legs
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #616377

word filter when a terry player logs in and touches his keyboard
bastardblaster
Byond Username: BastardBlaster

Post by bastardblaster » #616379

this literally Homage to Catalonia by george owell!!

chesse20
Byond Username: Laserdog

Post by chesse20 » #616381

Wow, I can sum up my thoughts in one image:
► Show Spoiler
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #616383

can we wordfilter based
Kryson
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Kryson

Post by Kryson » #616386

Wait, wasn't this you explicitly ran on NOT doing?
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #616387

oranges wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:47 am can we wordfilter based
i will kill you where you stand
bastardblaster
Byond Username: BastardBlaster

Post by bastardblaster » #616390

Kryson wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:27 am Wait, wasn't this you explicitly ran on NOT doing?
>Expecting headmins to keep campaign promises