Grief shuttles 2 or: How i learned to stop worrying and love the asteroid

cSeal
Byond Username: O0cyann0o

Grief shuttles 2 or: How i learned to stop worrying and love the asteroid

Post by cSeal » #616417

Making this policy thread, as despite it being related to this ongoing(?) thread (viewtopic.php?f=33&t=29466&p=607100&hilit=role#p607100), it touches on another previous headmin ruling
specifically
Buying terrible shuttles as captain: Allowed, but the crew is also allowed to mutiny/lynch the captain.
The issues with this is that its usually pretty unfeasible to deal with captains in an ic manner without being killed yourself, as they often have the support of a large portion of the crew + access to very strong equipment, in addition to the fact that most people dont even know about this ruling, due to it being buried on the wiki/forums.

should buying grief shuttles still be allowed in spite of this, or should admins be able to step in and intervene if a non antagonist purchases them? should these shuttle's even be enabled or obtainable through normal means, if the latter is decided as being the case?
► Show Spoiler
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Re: Grief shuttles 2 or: How i learned to stop worrying and love the asteroid

Post by sinfulbliss » #616420

I think they should be allowed since grief shuttles don't necessary have to kill everyone. All the current grief shuttles are usually just dangerous albeit they don't make it impossible to escape. Disco inferno was removed because it pretty much killed everyone that got on it.

I agree no one knows you're allowed to lynch the captain for this, but I don't think captains are untouchable by any means. If people knew it made the cap valid, everyone and their mum would be after the cap for his loot and AA. Maybe this thread will make it more known and we'll see more cap lynchings.
Spoiler:
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #616422

I'm so bored I'm going to both start and finish emag-locked shuttles tonight
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #616425

I did it, though the titular Asteroid isn't mentioned. It's hard for me personally to see too much administrative effort against it considering it gives you money for buying it.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #616428

Good PR, adds more flexibility for traitors to screw over the crew and reduces undesirable non-antag conflict. Just don't forget to add Arena.

sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #616433

Yeah Arena and Hyperfractal should be on it for sure, Monastery and Asteroid probably not.
Spoiler:
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #616435

Monastery is definitely grief and SHOULD be there.

Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #616945

Monastery definitely belongs there because not everyone knows about it and the first time they know about it they get crushed.
There was a round where captain bought the monastery shuttle on Kilostation and no one bothered about validing the captain.
3 people were crushed to death.
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #616947

After years of playing on this server I still fail to understand how people are dumb enough to get killed by the asteroid shuttle when it lands. There's a literal timer plastered on every wall in the station telling you the exact second the shuttle will slam into departures. Just get out of the way lol

To put the asteroid shuttle in the same category as the supermatter shuttle, Hi Daniel, and Disco Inferno is just silly in my eyes.
► Show Spoiler
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #616979

People tend to forget that the shuttle is an asteroid until the circles start popping up.
The problem with shuttle buying is that the announcement only comes once after confirmation and buying a shuttle could be a while before it's actually called, so nobody really acts on shuttle buying.
Note: There's still one major grief shuttle called the Arena (essentially shunts you into an arena where you have to kill or be killed) but the condition to unlock it is so difficult (kill bubblegum) that I don't know if moving that to the emag access would have it bought more often.
NamelessFairy
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: NamelessFairy

Post by NamelessFairy » #617385

Given that the worst offending shuttles are now locked behind emagging the communication console we'll continue to consider captains buying terrible shuttles to be worthy of mutiny/lynching as the past headmin ruling states.

Headmin Votes:
NamelessFairy: Yes
Dragomagol: Yes
RaveRadbury: Yes