revs becoming not revs.

mstachife
Byond Username: Mstachife

revs becoming not revs.

Post by mstachife » #616974

After revolutionaries kill all the heads of staff and the centcomm message occurs are they no longer considered revolutionaries if the AI has a law regarding revolutionaries? For example, "revolutionaries aren't human and must be killed" .
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Re: revs becoming not revs.

Post by Misdoubtful » #617019

In most servers the approach is considered: 'former rev'

The revolution is over in these places, and some of these codebases will even leave that a mark that someone was a former rev for administrative reasons. That said, if the revolution is a success are there still revolutionaries? What if the revolution was a failure would there still be revolutionaries?

I think someone made a chart on revolutionaries for TG once but, I don't really remember.

Revs aren't human as a law is already a bit wishy washy in this context since the AI realistically doesn't have much, if anything, to prove that someone is or isn't a rev — unlike the cultist running around with a pentagram above their head. Failing to have that proof and harming a human would kinda be bad juju. The law lacks any defining characteristics.
Hugs
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #617020

Personally, I think it should be up to the successful revolutionaries to change the laws once they take over. It makes for more interesting conflict than the alternative.

From an IC standpoint, revolutionaries don't magically stop being revolutionaries once they've killed the heads of staff. They've just taken over the station. It would be like saying that George Washington stopped being a revolutionary the second he kicked the British out of Boston.
► Show Spoiler
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #617029

Anyone who was a revolutionary still is a revolutionary in the eyes of silicons, though I'll never ban you for getting it wrong the first time.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
NamelessFairy
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: NamelessFairy

Post by NamelessFairy » #617840

Former revolutionaries should still be considered revolutionaries in the eyes of silicons.

Headmin Votes:
NamelessFairy: Yes
Dragomagol: Yes
RaveRadbury: Yes