Low Pop Murderbone

wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Low Pop Murderbone

Post by wesoda25 » #618594

Bottom post of the previous page:

Personally I want it banned. I've been heavily involved on bagil lately which despite the recent pop influx is and has been a lowpop server. On lowpop players aren't equipped nor want to deal with murderboners. It doesn't even bring with it the fun that comes with med to high pop because there is no challenge due to minimal resistance. Specifically on bagil we have a ton of new players and it's just incredibly shitty to watch.

Short of a ban I'd at least like the past ruling updated: viewtopic.php?p=576940#p576940
In general we’d ask admins to use their tools to speed the round along in isolated cases. However, if a player is repeatedly ruining rounds by murderboning on lowpop having a chat with them and a note is fine.
If it continues bans may come into effect.
It only allows notes and talking tos if its a pattern, but that doesn't make sense because without documenting it we can't establish a pattern.
[this space reserved]
GamerAndYeahMick
Byond Username: GamerAndYeahMick

Re: Low Pop Murderbone

Post by GamerAndYeahMick » #619361

Cobby wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:04 pm “Go play another server” misses the point that we want them playing on ours.
Go play another server that we own. Anyway genuinely in all seriousness the current rules are fit for purpose. if someone does it frequently or back to back tell them to stop and create a note that you warned them. Don't create some quasi-mrp state for basil
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #619363

I'm not sure I'd equate MRP as being 'don't bone on lowpop'. That sounds like a cruising for a bruising.

I'm really not interested in gatekeeping having an enjoyable experience simply because someone hasn't done the already unreasonable 'expectation' of dumping 300+ hours into a game.
Hugs
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #619368

Omega_DarkPotato wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:56 pm
kieth4 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:44 pm players in this thread have a huge skill issue zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, just kill them.
genuinely awful take when you consider that Bagil's slow regain in pop has a major aspect being genuinely new people
I cannot and do not expect new players to be good or "robust" in a game where robust players are robust because of hundreds of hours spent learning in-depth mechanical concepts for a game like this

"bro just kill them" also falls apart when you want to talk to anyone who hasn't powergamed from the start of the shift versus the man who's been loading up for the past half an hour with gamer gear to kill people in a situation where there's no other people to assist you (lowpop)

Traitor gear is at its strong point when it's one-on-one - lowpop is the ideal case for this gear to be at its high point. Lowpop murderbone is fucking easy, boring, and unfun for the folks who have to suffer it.
Play cmo, kill all traitors after like 2 minutes of prep. (I did this earlier today)
bastardblaster
Byond Username: BastardBlaster

Post by bastardblaster » #619371

kieth4 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:46 pm Play cmo, kill all traitors after like 2 minutes of prep. (I did this earlier today)
You're a veteran player with plenty of security hours, you cannot expect to have newer players to do or even know about your "prep"

kieth4
In-Game Head Admin

Post by kieth4 » #619374

Also because my obvious shitpost was missed I'll actually expand my true views. I do not think lowpop murderbone is great, I think it's very dishonourable and I would never ever do it myself because I'm not cringe. But in terms of banning it? A hard pass. It's hard to define and if you do not want experiences which involve murderbone we have both manuel and campbell(Which allows for lowpop gimmicks or crazy projects). Hell, I don't think that even noting for it is fair considering antag freedom is what draws so many people to /tg/station and is, in my eyes anyway and is one of the defining principles of the gameplay experience.
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #619375

Telling people to play on another server if they get killed is basically almost completely unhelpful and dismisses their concerns as if you never really cared for them in the first place.
Some people want to be revived on this one.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin

Post by kieth4 » #619388

Archie700 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:47 pm Telling people to play on another server if they get killed is basically almost completely unhelpful and dismisses their concerns as if you never really cared for them in the first place.
People are always going to die and get killed. Dying is part of the game even in the most shitty and unfair circumstances.
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #619391

kieth4 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:59 pm
Archie700 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:47 pm Telling people to play on another server if they get killed is basically almost completely unhelpful and dismisses their concerns as if you never really cared for them in the first place.
People are always going to die and get killed. Dying is part of the game even in the most shitty and unfair circumstances.
Yes, but telling the angry players to just play in another server is just basically running salt in the wound.
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin

Post by kieth4 » #619392

Archie700 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:08 pm
Yes, but telling the angry players to just play in another server is just basically running salt in the wound.
I'm not sure what else to say to that, play a ghost role?
Archie700
In-Game Admin

Post by Archie700 » #619394

kieth4 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:17 pm
Archie700 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:08 pm
I'm not sure what else to say to that, play a ghost role?
Probably the only good recourse besides hoping for ERT or waiting for the round to end.

I think antagbanning people for lowpop murderbone wouldn't be a good idea. Banning lowpop murderbone seems more like a snowflake law that people will endlessly argue about and it's basically just being an antagonist to the fullest extent.

Lowpop murderbone will always be that one thing only shit traitors like but unpreventable due to the nature of LRP.
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #620077

We welcome admins to note lowpop murderbone at their discretion.

Repeated notes may result in bans.

Headmin Votes:
RaveRadbury: Yes
NamelessFairy: Yes
Dragomagol: Yes