[MRP] (but also possibly LRP as well) Maxcapping as a revolutionary

Yulice
Byond Username: Yulice

[MRP] (but also possibly LRP as well) Maxcapping as a revolutionary

Post by Yulice » #618733

Maxcapping as a rev should, inherently, be against the rules. As a rev you're supposed to be overthrowing the heads so that you can take over the station, and blowing up the station in such a massive, violent way and likely in such a way that after the revolution is done there will be nobody able to fix said damage is kind of counterintuitive to what the entire antagonist is supposed to be doing. From a purely mechanical perspective, it's also insanely lame to just wait out until the shuttle is called, and then blow up every single head of staff at the same time as they're moving to board the escape shuttle.
Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Re: [MRP] (but also possibly LRP as well) Maxcapping as a revolutionary

Post by Drag » #618734

I agree for both MRP and LRP. Stealth rev max capping at the end of the round is dumb lame and only causes salt when it happens. It's not interactive and there's virtually no counter if nobody reports flashing. On the MRP side, I just feel awful because I want to feel the tension of a fed-up crew wanting to fight for their rights. People on MRP treat being revved like a free antag pass, I have tried to do gimmicks before and straight up had people I flashed myself after a good bit of interaction tell me to go fuck off and ignore what I, the head rev, says to kill the heads of staff instead of cooperating. On the LRP side, max capping is lame. Just straight up a bitch move to me. It's not fun, it's not cute. Sure you win faster but the only person that had fun was the person who max capped. Its more fun to have actual conflict than to be robbed of any form of self-defense entirely.

TLDR: Maxcapping as a revolutionary is a bitch move both arpee wise and mechanically.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #618760

Covered under rule 10: Losing is part of the game.
Your character will frequently die, sometimes without even a possibility of avoiding it. Events will often be out of your control. No matter how good or prepared you are, sometimes you just lose.

and also rule 4 (quoted relevant part):
"Team antagonists can do whatever they want as per lone antagonists, as long as it doesn’t harm their team"

Assuming the bomb doesn't kill any revolutionaries (or if it does, the round is immediately ended), then it's a good kill. Just like camping in COD, it might be lame but it has counter plays. As a head of staff/security, why have you not confiscated the TTVs from science? From an MRP perspective I could see there being a rule against it if it's a big enough problem but I don't play MRP so I don't care.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #618886

Don't really know or care about MRP, but I don't think this is an issue on the other servers.

Although I disagree with your point that it doesn't make sense from a roleplay perspective. Conflicts have collateral damage, and a revolution against an established power almost certainly ends with damaged infrastructure
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #618889

Seems like a thing to take case-by-case and ask if you fucked your own team over more than the enemy team.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #618905

SkeletalElite wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:13 am Although I disagree with your point that it doesn't make sense from a roleplay perspective. Conflicts have collateral damage, and a revolution against an established power almost certainly ends with damaged infrastructure
I thoroughly disagree, as the intention of the Revolution (you even get to rename the station when you win!) is to run it yourselves after you take down Sec/the Heads of Staff. "Collateral Damage" doesn't really apply to the total destruction of the station, and goes completely contradictory to their goal to run it afterwards, since it always results in instant shuttle calls.

Personally, I can't speak for LRP as I don't play it, but for MRP, I'm inclined to agree that it Shouldn't Be A Thing. From IC logical standpoints of "the absolute destruction of the station that you're intending to rule afterwards", and from a gameplay perspective of "wowee that sure was fun and interesting" it's an absolute failure of a round.

I will say that I do agree with Pandarsenic however, that it should be a case-by-case basis because there are some cases where it could actually be really interesting.

But when every rev round is just "I used the maxcap, you know why? Because the Maxcap doesn't miss." it stops being entertaining.
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #620086

We'd like to leave this up to admin discretion.

If you are concerned that your maxcap may get you into trouble you are welcome to ahelp first and get admin permission.

Headmin Votes:
RaveRadbury: Yes
NamelessFairy: Yes
Dragomagol: Yes