Head-admin votes should be agree/disagree not yes/no

Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Head-admin votes should be agree/disagree not yes/no

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #620204

I keep being confused because every policy thread is <Hideous awful garbage idea> -> <vicious argument> -> headmins say "yes" and then i go back and they were saying yes to a brief conclusion but it looked like they just approved the Cosmodeus Constitution.

I feel it would be nice if head admins responses were shown as

RULING: cats are not cool
Joe Headmin: Agree
Jane Headmin: Agree
Coderbus Infiltrator Headmin: Disagree

instead.

This isn't exactly an important issue, I just think it would be neater.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
GamerAndYeahMick
Byond Username: GamerAndYeahMick

Re: Head-admin votes should be agree/disagree not yes/no

Post by GamerAndYeahMick » #620205

Burgerman: Yes
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #620206

GamerAndYeahMick wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:35 pm Burgerman: Yes
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #620210

tbh it would make them a touch more readable yeah
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #620213

Now the question at hand will be, if the admins accept this proposal, will they immediately implement it in this very ruling, or the next one? Will the final post on this thread be "agree, agree, agree" or "yes, yes, yes"?
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #620215

headmin opinions should just be a short statement instead of a one word answer to a premise people arent sure on. It would help with understanding the rationale behind each vote which can influence voting in next election (or just to understand the spirit of what they want enforced)

like i've had moments where I questioned if they collectively agreed (or whatever yes means) to the statement.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #620216

I don’t really care, so long as every ruling includes a brief overview of the reasoning behind the decision.
► Show Spoiler
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #620225

I honestly don't read the yes/no thing at the bottom, just the reasoning. The only point of the yes/no is to see if there's any dissenting opinions among the headmins, which there normally aren't.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #620226

The headmins should post the full chat logs of their discussion, any relevant contexts from adminbus or admin-chatter, any memes that influenced the decision and their full life logs for the historical context that formed their personalities and thus led to the ultimate decisions one way or another.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #620227

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:37 pm RULING: cats are not cool
i like this
Cobby wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:19 pm headmin opinions should just be a short statement instead of a one word answer to a premise people arent sure on. It would help with understanding the rationale behind each vote which can influence voting in next election (or just to understand the spirit of what they want enforced)
i also like this too
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #620231

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:37 pm I keep being confused because every policy thread is <Hideous awful garbage idea> -> <vicious argument> -> headmins say "yes" and then i go back and they were saying yes to a brief conclusion but it looked like they just approved the Cosmodeus Constitution.

I feel it would be nice if head admins responses were shown as

RULING: cats are not cool

instead.

This isn't exactly an important issue, I just think it would be neater.
This is all wrong, if there was a vote about cats **not** being cool, the headadmisn would disagree and the coderbus infiltrator would agree
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #620234

Stickymayhem wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:46 pm The headmins should post the full chat logs of their discussion, any relevant contexts from adminbus or admin-chatter, any memes that influenced the decision and their full life logs for the historical context that formed their personalities and thus led to the ultimate decisions one way or another.
They are public servants and they will serve
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
tattle
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by tattle » #623601

Since this thread has gone up, we've moved away from yes/no for the sake of clarity. Ultimately what we say for the votes isn't important, just that it's clear we agree. We haven't done many (if any?) notes next to our usernames to give our specific opinions because often if there's something one of us wants to add to the response, it's added to the body of the post.

Headmin Votes:
NamelessFairy: Agree
Dragomagol: Agree
RaveRadbury: Agree
Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler: