What shuttles are and aren't grief shuttles?

confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

What shuttles are and aren't grief shuttles?

Post by confused rock » #620250

Referring to:
I realise now that the current one off headmin policy on this is vague as fuck. It was created back when oh hi daniel was a common shuttle, but now there's a loot of shuttles and what is and isn't bad is debatable. And I think context is important, were crew voting on shuttles or were crew begging not for a shuttle? But at the very least, it should be based on something, either public reaction, specific shuttles, or something else entirely. an admin suggested to me it might be based off the emag shuttles on this page: https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Escape_Shuttle but that doesn't encompass all the "Terrible" shuttles and it can't emcompass all negative reactions to a shuttle.

What shuttles can get the captain fragged, what can't, or is it based on context? is this policy even still relevant?
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Re: What shuttles are and aren't grief shuttles?

Post by Pandarsenic » #620262

I would say Scrapheap, Build Your Own Shuttle without actually building your own shuttle, Asteroid with Engines, Snappop, all Emag shuttles, probably all Cursed Shuttles?

Edit: Oh yeah, Luxury and arguably Rollerdome too
Last edited by Pandarsenic on Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #620266

Luxury Shuttle imo
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #620284

It depends and what I mean by that is my metric is less about what is present on the shuttle and moreso how your character would interact with it.

If you’re swimming in cash to the point where I can’t reasonably see you ever going to poor mans land, I’m going to be less convinced that you’re finding yourself in a dangerous situation with a luxury shuttle.

Another obvious example is BYOS, if you can reasonably expect it to be kitted out and worked on but kill them because “it’s in the list” I’m not really interested in that fallback.

Asteroid and Arena are 2 that come to mind that I’d have to really be sold on NOT making them kos since they’re dangerous by nature.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #620294

There's nothing too wrong with scrapheap, its a shitty shuttle but its not "murder the captain" bad. Same with snappop.

The policy was really meant to cover the supermatter shuttle, asteroid, and the disco inferno shuttle iirc, so if you want to expand it to "All shuttles that are bad" being grief shuttles you're gonna lose "the whole station can valid the captain"
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
ArcaneDefence
Byond Username: ArcaneDefence

Post by ArcaneDefence » #620303

The luxury shuttle isn't even bad now. The poor section isn't an empty 2 wide hallway any more, and there's even some stuff to check out if you get bored.
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #620305

Yeah luxury is fine, even if you don't have money the poor section isn't bad and you can always use the teleporter to get in the good section.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #620310

Looked at Scrapheap and it isn't the one I was thinking of. I had it mixed up with another one that has an awful, tiny layout and is inexplicably prone to going ass-up/venting at the slightest notice. I couldn't find which one that is, though, but I'll name it if I do come across it.

Snappop has a bunch of slip tiles that can and will get you killed if any sort of shuttle combat starts or a breach happens, doesn't it? Or do I have that mixed up with a different clown-themed shuttle?

Does anyone have a screencap of what Luxury Shuttle looks like presently?
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #620311

Luxury shuttle is super annoying but probably isn't quite a grief shuttle IMO. Snappop can't really get you killed unless you open the door to the greentext and run out, it's annoying but there are beds all over so it's not like you might just die at no fault of your own.

Seems weird to lynch the cap because engis didn't build the BYOS, or didn't complete it, but maybe if cap orders it without prompting anyone first? A sensible cutoff would be any shuttle that causes massive harm as a result of existing in it (asteroid, arena, super small 1-room shuttles etc).
Spoiler:
cSeal
Byond Username: O0cyann0o

Post by cSeal » #620315

SkeletalElite wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:46 pm you can always use the teleporter to get in the good section.
No you can't
Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:11 pm There's nothing too wrong with scrapheap, its a shitty shuttle but its not "murder the captain" bad.
Personally have no strong opinions on this issue now that the blatant grief murder shuttles are locked behind an emag, but the wording of the ruling was
if you order the "pile of shit" shuttle as captain for literally no reason I wouldn't bat an eye if somebody lynched you
And scrapheap is 100 percent the pile of shit shuttle.
► Show Spoiler
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #620316

The pile of shit shuttle at the time was oh hi daniel.
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #620323

BYOS is huge, and has atmosphere. If you don't build it, it's just boring, that's not a grief shuttle.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #620324

Personally every shuttle I would've killed the captain for is on emag only now (go figure, I decided what they were :P ), so I don't think this is as important anymore.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.

datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #620326

Any shuttle with a music player on it should be considered a grief shuttle. I swear to god if I have to listen to Caramelldansen one more time i'm going to snap and stab the heads of staff to death with a shard of glass.
On a more serious note, i mute my game every time one of these comes up because i don't want to listen to caramelldansen and listening to people fight over the music player is even worse.

Context question:
If engineering is clamoring for a BYOS because they're bored and want something to do, the chief engineer is literally going to the bridge to get the shuttle purchased, and the captain purchases a boring shuttle instead, is that lynchable? I don't remember all the context but it's actually something I tried to beat the shit out of the captain for at one point.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #620327

Depends on context and how much communication there was back and forth but a captain just being clueless isn't enough to kill him no

mrmelbert
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Mr Melbert

Post by mrmelbert » #620328

Any shuttle with a music player on it should be considered a grief shuttle. I swear to god if I have to listen to Caramelldansen one more time i'm going to snap and stab the heads of staff to death with a shard of glass.
Tip: Turning off instruments in your sound preferences will stop you from hearing the jukebox (it'll also stop you from doing the rest-spam dance).

So there's no reason to include music shuttles as grief shuttles, since you can just turn it off.
Admin: December 2020 - Present
Code Maintainer: December 2021 - Present
Head Admin: Feburary 2022 - September 2022
Youtube Guy: sometimes

NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #620377

The only grief shuttles are the ones liable to get people killed and those are all emag ones. BYOS is actually a pretty safe shuttle all things considered just because it is big.
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #620380

datorangebottle wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:15 pm On a more serious note, i mute my game every time one of these comes up because i don't want to listen to caramelldansen and listening to people fight over the music player is even worse.
But I LOVE caramelldansen, bad take

Though the shuttle is funny I understand how people would find it shit(Due to plasma fires 24/7)
Living God

Extraordinary Person

datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #620381

mrmelbert wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:24 pm Tip: Turning off instruments in your sound preferences will stop you from hearing the jukebox (it'll also stop you from doing the rest-spam dance).

So there's no reason to include music shuttles as grief shuttles, since you can just turn it off.
doesn't it also turn off instruments players are playing? i want to be able to hear someone's pAI beeping and booping out some E1M1, but not disco inferno/uncle pete's rollerdome playing caramelldansen.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #620390

I don't make the distinction of "grief shuttle". If you die on the shuttle, it's not really a big deal. You'll be back in the game within a few short minutes. If you're afraid of losing your greentext, just board a pod.

Of course, captain lynchings can be really entertaining, so now I'm conflicted.
► Show Spoiler
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #620391

Farquaar wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:41 pm I don't make the distinction of "grief shuttle". If you die on the shuttle, it's not really a big deal. You'll be back in the game within a few short minutes. If you're afraid of losing your greentext, just board a pod.

Not caring about dying on the shuttle sounds like bad RP tbh
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #620415

CMDR_Gungnir wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:21 pm
Farquaar wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:41 pm I don't make the distinction of "grief shuttle". If you die on the shuttle, it's not really a big deal. You'll be back in the game within a few short minutes. If you're afraid of losing your greentext, just board a pod.

Not caring about dying on the shuttle sounds like bad RP tbh
Who said anything about not caring?
► Show Spoiler
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #620451

the funniest thing about the disco shuttle is that theres like 16 songs on the jukebox that nobody ever plays
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #620452

nianjiilical wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:04 am the funniest thing about the disco shuttle is that theres like 16 songs on the jukebox that nobody ever plays
I look at it and I only see ONE
Living God

Extraordinary Person

tattle
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by tattle » #623677

It's less about which shuttle the captain buys, and more the grief caused by buying that specific one. The Birdboat Shuttle isn't a traditional "grief" shuttle, but buying it when the crew is saving up for a more expensive shuttle or has agreed to make a BYOS could be cause for mutiny. Shuttles that are emag-locked are typically used to grief the crew, as are the Arena and cult shuttles.

Headmin Votes:
Dragomagol: Agree
NamelessFairy: Agree - The final discretion if a shuttle caused or is going to cause grief and whether the captain deserves to be mutinied for it should fall upon admin discretion; as a player if you are unsure about a situation it’s recommended to ahelp first.
RaveRadbury: Agree
Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler: