Change the AI Lawset Weights Config

Jackraxxus
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Jackraxxus

Change the AI Lawset Weights Config

Post by Jackraxxus » #620290

The config is currently used in two situations: A rare chance on the ion storm event, and deciding an experimental AI lawset for the roundstart station trait.
My understanding is that its sole intended function was to decide a roundstart AI lawset every round, rather than being a rare roundstart chance for a different lawset.
It has not been updated to reflect its new purposes.

I think the weight of standard asimov should be significantly reduced or removed entirely. It is not an "Experimental" lawset by any means and seems kinda boring for an ion storm that rolls the rare chance to swap lawsets to just give you asimov again.
Mother Drone should be set to zero. Fuck I HATE Mother Drone. If only one change is made to this config please god disable Mother Drone.
"""Validhunt-y""" lawsets like Paladin and Robocop could maybe do with being decreased, but I dunno.
I'd like to see Hulkamania and Reporter weights increased, personally. (I love the Hulkamania lawset.)
iamgoofball wrote:Vekter and MrMelbert are more likely to enforce the roleplay rules Manuel is supposed to be abiding by than Wesoda or Jackraxxus are.
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Re: Change the AI Lawset Weights Config

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #620292

Wholeheartedly agree with this. The idea of rolling the exact same lawset as usual for 'experimental' is insane, and should just be removed from that particular event.

Also agree with basically removing Mother Drone from the possibility on that front. Sure, it's definitely The Most Experimental you could probably come up with, but it's ungodly boring and uninteresting for the AI, and a lot of the time the crew will probably straight up forget they have an AI rather than actually fix it for them. (And you could make the argument that just 'fixing' the experimental AI lawset by setting it to...the stock standard Asiimov would be powergaming in the same way that modifying laws at shift start for no reason is).

Give it a 0.001% chance to start off with Antimov, for shits and giggles (don't, that'd just be malf but without any malfcoin), but otherwise adjust those weights a bit. There's a lot of fun laws, and you could even come up with some special ones that don't have boards in the upload that are a rare shift-start lawset for 'experimental' purposes.
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #620325

Ion laws rolling Asimov can be considered a code oversight, I made sure to plug that hole when I oversaw the station trait.

These configs were originally for AIs getting a random lawset roundstart, so the oversight should just be fixed.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Jackraxxus
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Jackraxxus

Post by Jackraxxus » #621129

Mothblocks wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:10 pm Ion laws rolling Asimov can be considered a code oversight, I made sure to plug that hole when I oversaw the station trait.

These configs were originally for AIs getting a random lawset roundstart, so the oversight should just be fixed.
Sure, that works I guess.
I could probably PR moving the instances I described to a separate proc say get_weighted_abnormal_lawset() or something (after the freeze ofc)
I figure taking control of something away from the config is a big no-no though so idk.
iamgoofball wrote:Vekter and MrMelbert are more likely to enforce the roleplay rules Manuel is supposed to be abiding by than Wesoda or Jackraxxus are.
cSeal
Byond Username: O0cyann0o

Post by cSeal » #621134

Jackraxxus wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:41 pm Mother Drone should be set to zero.
100 percent. drone laws are misery and theres no reason an ai should have to afk in its sat the entire shift just cause some shitty station trait rolled
► Show Spoiler
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #621151

Or you get a shitty AI who crows nonstop about how being on the Mother Drone lawset means it doesn't have to listen to anyone as new crew arrive and respond to its taunting by being confused and asking its laws, starting a new cycle...
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
NamelessFairy
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: NamelessFairy

Post by NamelessFairy » #632591

We have disabled standard Asimov and mother drone as selectable lawsets for the experimental AI station trait. Removing them from the ion storm event is as far as we're aware not a config we can modify but we would be interested if it was.

Headmin Votes:
NamelessFairy: Agree
Dragomagol: Agree
RaveRadbury: Agree