Add Clown Ops to Dynamic

Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Add Clown Ops to Dynamic

Post by Shadowflame909 » #621087

Recently I learned that due to Wizards having too much influence on dynamic. Certain things have been removed. Ala summon events.

This has a very negative effect on the game! That being, There is a lot of destructive influence from antagonists. BUT there is no goofiness' from antagonists!

What's the point of dying a violent death if I never have to fear the floor becoming lava, or Advanced darkness??

So, since the headmins have the power to influence what antagonists show up in dynamic, and we have one of the goofiest antagonists already coded and in the game. I propose they add clown ops to dynamic!

Shake up the game with a Goofy, not really a threat (if Security is mildly competent) antagonist!

It'd at the very least serve as a good distraction for the real violent antagonists trying to blow up the station.

I also want to see a nightmare getting his murderbone ruined by a clown-op's pie-cannon.
Last edited by Shadowflame909 on Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
► Show Spoiler
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Re: Add Clown Ops to Dynamic

Post by datorangebottle » #621088

like i said while we were talking about it on the discord:
the game should roll a 100 sided die whenever ops are rolled as an antag, and if it rolls a 1, they're clown ops instead of normal ops.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #621089

I will also accept laughter demons as a middle ground alternative but they are not nearly as silly
► Show Spoiler
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #621090

👎 Adding clown ops as anything other than extremely rare ruleset (much much much rarer than a weight of 1 even provides, without literally adjusting every other ruleset in the game, both in code and in config), or as something admins can run when they want to (which they can, and do) limits the novelty of it.

I would rather DOB's idea.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #621099

As a veteran clown op, I'm pretty down for the 1% chance of Nuke Ops to be Clown Ops instead. That tiny, tiny chance that all hell will break loose.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
BlueMemesauce
Byond Username: BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #621147

clown ops suck, their combat weapons only slip and are useless but on the other hand they literally buy a chameleon kit and just walk straight up to the captain
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #621150

BlueMemesauce wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:01 pm clown ops suck, their combat weapons only slip and are useless but on the other hand they literally buy a chameleon kit and just walk straight up to the captain
The shoes stay on during Nuclear Emergency or you're a shit clown op
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
BlueMemesauce
Byond Username: BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #621164

well the shit clown op is the one who blows up the staton while the clown op with shoes on dies to guns and baseball bats
tattle
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by tattle » #626738

We would be in support of what datorangebottle suggested: Nuclear Operatives having a 1 in 100 chance of being clown ops instead. At present there is no such config, but we would be for enabling it if it existed.

Headmin Votes:
Dragomagol: Agree
RaveRadbury: Agree
NamelessFairy: Agree
Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler: