A single Laughter Demon as a high impact dynamic ruleset

Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

A single Laughter Demon as a high impact dynamic ruleset

Post by Shadowflame909 » #622617

Yay or Nay?

My thought process is, if you can have xenomorphs and cult simutaneously mess the station up. A single laughter demon could act as an almost revival lootbox piñata. As they collect dead bodies all around the station, and revive them once one of the antags make him pop.
► Show Spoiler
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Re: A single Laughter Demon as a high impact dynamic ruleset

Post by Mothblocks » #622618

This is a code change, not a policy one. No ruleset exists to be configured.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #622620

Mothblocks wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:31 am This is a code change, not a policy one. No ruleset exists to be configured.
Woops.

So hypothetically if the code was already done...Yay or Nay?
► Show Spoiler
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #622649

as much as i love laughter demon so much, i dont think this would be a good idea without balance changes

its very easy for a demon to swooce right in and grab someone who's just incidentally downed, and its so easy for a demon to play super conservatively and never die that most people seem to take being demon vored as a round removal

which i know for sure because i make a point of shuttle suiciding whenever i play demon as a joke and 90% of the time everyone's either dnr'd, disconnected or taken a ghostrole by then
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #622653

nianjiilical wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:03 pm as much as i love laughter demon so much, i dont think this would be a good idea without balance changes

its very easy for a demon to swooce right in and grab someone who's just incidentally downed, and its so easy for a demon to play super conservatively and never die that most people seem to take being demon vored as a round removal

which i know for sure because i make a point of shuttle suiciding whenever i play demon as a joke and 90% of the time everyone's either dnr'd, disconnected or taken a ghostrole by then
By them not having a wizards energy to siphon off of. These Laughter Demons need to feed off the tickles of crew members every 2 minutes or they get forcibly drawn back to the honk mother. Basically make them run under the his grace system of feed or die.
► Show Spoiler
zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Post by zxaber » #622671

A time limit would just make the issue worse, as it limits any time for fun interactions (like taunting people while bloodcrawling) in favor of forcing a top-speed murderbone.

Balance changes would help more (such as less healing per body, or a do-after to enter bloodcrawl, etc). But that's a topic for another subforum.
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"
NamelessFairy
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: NamelessFairy

Post by NamelessFairy » #630619

Laughter demons are not a Dynamic ruleset and thus we cannot enable them. We also have no interest in enabling them should a dynamic ruleset be created for them.

Headmin Votes:
Dragomagol: Agree - "I wouldn't be opposed to having them as an event, like slaughter demons"
NamelessFairy: Agree - "I would be opposed to having them as an event, like slaughter demons"
RaveRadbury: Agree - "I would be opposed to having them as an event, like slaughter demons"