Disable 100 threat rounds from Manuel.

carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Disable 100 threat rounds from Manuel.

Post by carshalash » #622973

We've been over this so many times, roleplay can not exist with both conversion antags on the station at the same time. Can we please just disable the 100 threat rounds from manual so we don't have to deal with this shit?
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: Disable 100 threat rounds from Manuel.

Post by cacogen » #622974

being a revolutionary cultist was fun
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #622980

Otacon: Snake... Do you think RP can bloom, even on a high threat dynamic shift?

Snake: Yeah, I do. I believe at any time, any place, people can RP with each other. But... If you RP with someone, you have to be able to protect them.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Post by carshalash » #622981

Timber im going to name a lame monster after you in monster rancher
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #622982

Side note because I had a suspicion that this is actually hardcoded.

It is infact hardcoded and can only be done via code change instead of via policy change.

As a result, any discussion here is currently academic until the maintainer team also agrees to cede this to the headmin team via config as opposed to the coding team via hardcoded value.
carshalash wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:59 am Timber im going to name a lame monster after you in monster rancher
I demand to be the lamest Ducken you can find.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #622985

I'm fine with this being config FWIW, though as the current Dynamic lead (who's been given the privilege of being able to tweak Dynamic config values freely), I definitely think this is a bad move to go.

90+ threat rounds are extremely rare, and the goal of Manuel is not to eliminate chaos completely.

I definitely disagree that roleplay can't exist with both conversion antags--I think it's just a different flavor that you have to know to play into, one of just fighting for your life.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #622989

Timberpoes wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:03 am It is infact hardcoded and can only be done via code change instead of via policy change.
What? No, this is literally a config in the dynamic.json, I added it for the downstream
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/61869
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #622991

There's an error in communication. Carsh is referring to 90+ threat rounds removing the limit on high impact rulesets, though wording the problem as being 100 threat rounds (the round he seems to be upset about not even being 100). Timberpoes is referring to that value of 90 being non-configurable.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.

BrianBackslide
Byond Username: BrianBackslide

Post by BrianBackslide » #622997

I think 90-100 threat rounds are fine. Do they really happen so often to be a problem? Sometimes a very hectic round can lead to good/interesting RP.

If you do prevent 100 threat rounds, can the restriction on summon events be removed?
Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Post by Drag » #623003

Idk I thought being able to abuse the fact the last head of staff being alive as a cultist revolutionary to prevent the shuttle from leaving was genius...and fun
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #623015

Some people like their roleplay to be from and around chaos, I feel it'd be unfair to those people to just throw away any chance of the round going *TOO* wrong
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #623278

carsh unless you're going to post data showing 90+ threat rounds making up more than 5% of total rounds on manuel this is a total non issue.
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #623355

oranges wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:22 am carsh unless you're going to post data showing 90+ threat rounds making up more than 5% of total rounds on manuel this is a total non issue.
I'd like the stats on this too. I'm adverse to touching or thinking about anything without something that lets me be informed about it
Hugs
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer

Post by Mothblocks » #623356

In the past 300 rounds on Manuel, 9 have been >= 90 threat.

Here are the threat numbers of the past 300 rounds

Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #623361

THIS ISSUE IS DESTROYING 3% OF MANUEL ROUNDS OH THE HUMANITY
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #623364

Captain Hindsight swooping in last second to dogpile with the very safe take.

Manuel is like a gated community with a home owner's association where people get mad at you for breaking a table, or breaking a console screen, or breaking a windoor, or littering, or trespassing and get extremely mad at antagonists for being needlessly (in their minds at least) disruptive to their rounds.

Rounds like this where people can bearly stop to type let alone roleplay because they're so focused on not dying or being converted is jarring for the average Manuellian. It is only natural he would want to protect his way of life.

I, for one, like the odd high chaos round amidst the usual job simulator ones on Manuel. Too often though and you get the fucked apart mess that is Terry most rounds.
NamelessFairy
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: NamelessFairy

Post by NamelessFairy » #626380

We're not interested in disabling 100 threat rounds on Manual at this time.

Headmin Votes
NamelessFairy: Agree
Dragomagol: Agree
RaveRadbury: Agree