Rename Policy Discussion to include the fact that it spans more than just policy discussion

Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Rename Policy Discussion to include the fact that it spans more than just policy discussion

Post by Mothblocks » #623142

Policy Discussion houses discussions about policy, but also frequently about config changes.

Here are some recent examples:

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=30516 - we should add "barista" to the fake admin rank

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=30567 - Disable 100 threat rounds from Manuel

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=30392 - Add Clown Ops to Dynamic

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=30319 - Change the AI Lawset Weights Config

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=30532 - A single Laughter Demon as a high impact dynamic ruleset

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=30264 - Turn assistants rainbow suits back on!

Would be nice to rename the board to something like "Policy Discussion & Headmin Requests", or something, to represent this.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Tearling
Byond Username: Tearling

Re: Rename Policy Discussion to include the fact that it spans more than just policy discussion

Post by Tearling » #623169

Mothblocks wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 1:20 am Would be nice to rename the board to something like "Policy Discussion & Headmin Requests", or something, to represent this.
I agree with this, but since it's christmas, I think "Policy Discussion & Santa's Wishlist" would be more seasonal.
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:41 am From my perspective, players just want to genuinely be listened to. And I don't mean it condescendingly, but to genuinely have their say and for admins to listen, process it and reply. Even if you don't give two shits about what the player is saying, even if you disagree with every part of what they say, players are less likely to leave an ahelp pissed off if you've listened to them and given a reply that directly addresses what they've told you.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: Rename Policy Discussion to include the fact that it spans more than just policy discussion

Post by Armhulen » #623176

Maybe just "Policy and Config Discussion"
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #623231

policy and config discussion does have the specificity the original suggestion lacks
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by dragomagol » #623600

We don't see the need in changing the name of Policy Discussion. The fact that the Policy Discussion rules includes config discussion is included in Policy Discussion Board Rule #4: This board is for discussing administrative policy and rules, including in-game server configuration.

Headmin Votes:
RaveRadbury: Agree
Dragomagol: Agree
NamelessFairy: Agree
AKA tattle

Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler: