Modsuit Ai policy

Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Modsuit Ai policy

Post by Drag » #623552

Blessed be the modsuit. Anyways modsuit ais are a little fickle in my eyes. Specifically Asimov lawed modsuit ais.

What I want to discuss:

What should modsuit ais do if their user is rev flashed or cult converted, both in the case with Asimov and without.

What does the asimov modsuit ai do if their user is dead and ordered by a human to stop taking the corpse away for revival?
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Re: Modsuit Ai policy

Post by Mothblocks » #623558

There's nothing that makes the MODsuit owner special, the AI is bound to its laws.
What should modsuit ais do if their user is rev flashed or cult converted, both in the case with Asimov and without.
What would it do if it saw them get flashed or cult converted otherwise? Asimov doesn't require them to say anything. If they start harming humans, I could see an AI trying to move them away from doing so.
What does the asimov modsuit ai do if their user is dead and ordered by a human to stop taking the corpse away for revival?
What would a mediborg do? The answer is to stop, the owner isn't special.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #623564

This can be easily solved by one-humaning the AI in your suit. There are actually nonantag applications to that, believe it or not.
carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Post by carshalash » #623573

NecromancerAnne wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:02 am This can be easily solved by one-humaning the AI in your suit. There are actually nonantag applications to that, believe it or not.
This has become a massive issue already.
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by dragomagol » #623595

This sounds like it stems from balance concerns, which is a code thing (and as far as I know is being addressed).
AKA tattle

Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
carshalash

Post by carshalash » #623608

dragomagol wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:53 pm This sounds like it stems from balance concerns, which is a code thing (and as far as I know is being addressed).
N-no? The issue is people rushing to make themselves AI modsuits with purged/one humaned AI's- which is entirely a policy issue. Another big problem with this is that with the way AI//borgs are coded, future borgs will be enslaved to the most recently made AI. Future borgs will be enslaved to the future modsuit of "Bonerfart the clown" because he absolutely NEEDED a purged AI modsuit to grief with.
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dragomagol » #623610

carshalash wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:27 am
dragomagol wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:53 pm -snip-
N-no? The issue is people rushing to make themselves AI modsuits with purged/one humaned AI's- which is entirely a policy issue. Another big problem with this is that with the way AI//borgs are coded, future borgs will be enslaved to the most recently made AI. Future borgs will be enslaved to the future modsuit of "Bonerfart the clown" because he absolutely NEEDED a purged AI modsuit to grief with.
Then this sounds like it should be in a different thread on one-humaning AI for no reason (or for the reason of being in a MODsuit). The OP is about Asimov AIs being the MODsuit AI of someone converted to a team antag or having other humans telling them to not revive the person who's suit they're attached to.
AKA tattle

Spoiler:
carshalash

Post by carshalash » #623616

dragomagol wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:55 am
carshalash wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:27 am
dragomagol wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:53 pm -snip-
Then this sounds like it should be in a different thread on one-humaning AI for no reason (or for the reason of being in a MODsuit). The OP is about Asimov AIs being the MODsuit AI of someone converted to a team antag or having other humans telling them to not revive the person who's suit they're attached to.
This thread is about modsuit AI policy, and honestly this is a far bigger issue than generic asimov problems.
Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Post by Drag » #623620

This can be dual used to talk about modsuit ai policy from all angles but I really don't want it to turn into a flame war. Keep complaints constructive please
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin

Post by dragomagol » #627897

Asimov AI should follow Asimov, regardless of whether or not it's in a suit.
AKA tattle

Spoiler: