Headmin votes should be agreeing with the discussion topic, not eachother.

Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Headmin votes should be agreeing with the discussion topic, not eachother.

Post by Timberpoes » #623611

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=30308

The headmins were asked to stop "yes"ing eachother because
... every policy thread is <Hideous awful garbage idea> -> <vicious argument> -> headmins say "yes" and then i go back and they were saying yes to a brief conclusion but it looked like they just approved the Cosmodeus Constitution.
Then we go to viewtopic.php?f=33&t=30586 where all three headmins said agree. To a brief conclusion. But it looked like they just approved the Mothblocks Constitution.

I propose that the headmins should vote on the topic of the policy, with their conclusion coming after the vote. If any headmins disagree with the conclusion, their disagreement can be included in the section after the vote if necessary.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Re: Headmin votes should be agreeing with the discussion topic, not eachother.

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #623612

They already include their conclusion in those posts anyway, though:
We don't see the need in changing the name of Policy Discussion. The fact that the Policy Discussion rules includes config discussion is included in Policy Discussion Board Rule #4: This board is for discussing administrative policy and rules, including in-game server configuration.
We don't feel the need to rule formally on when admins can call in ERTs. If you feel that the use of an ERT was malicious, you're welcome to open an admin complaint.
If anything, having the conclusion at the top is all you need to read anyway, and having that as the first bit makes it easy enough to read and understand.
You get the relevant ruling and why in one line - whether headmins agree with the original post is irrelevant or not as the conclusion is what's going to be taken and enforced moving forwards, no?

I genuinely don't see how this is an issue, it takes me 5? 10? seconds to read a single conclusion sentence and now I know the policy that the headmins have set down for the specific issue.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #623652

Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
tattle
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by tattle » #624339

As we said in the ruing of that other thread:
Ultimately what we say for the votes isn't important, just that it's clear we agree.

It's just a stamp of approval for the post that it's attached to. In the case of admin complaints, there isn't as much variety in the answer: it's usually Uphold/Do Not Uphold. Policy rulings are more nuanced, and writing the same conclusion three times isn't adding useful information.
Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler: