[MRP] "Disk-on-belt" contraptions

Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

[MRP] "Disk-on-belt" contraptions

Post by Vekter » #624993

I've seen this done a few times now; the point of it is that the game rolls for a chance to spawn a lone nuke operative every few minutes, if the disk has moved recently the odds are around 0, if it hasn't, the odds go up. The idea is that the disk is always moving and, since the game doesn't check to see if it's in someone's possession, it doesn't increase the odds.

I don't see this as a huge issue on LRP servers, as admins can address it as necessary by spawning a nuke op and, even if they're not present, it's not the end of the world. For LRP, it's a pretty clear rule 8 break as your character would have no clue what the hell the mechanics for spawning a nuclear op are.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Re: [MRP] "Disk-on-belt" contraptions

Post by Mothblocks » #624994

Code issue. When I get out of bed I'm going to make moving disks check that they're on a mob with a key.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #625000

Leaving the floppy disk that you're expected to defend with your life and the lives of all of your subordinates, lest an enemy of the corporation get their hands on it and use it to nuke a multi-billion credit structure, spinning around unguarded on essentially an automated Lazy Susan seems like a particularly egregious RP break to me
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #625043

Mothblocks wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:34 pm Code issue. When I get out of bed I'm going to make moving disks check that they're on a mob with a key.
Good solution. Close, please.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you