Rat Spit -- Does it make you an antagonist?

Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Rat Spit -- Does it make you an antagonist?

Post by Mothblocks » #626213

On round 176896, a regal rat uses the rat spit overdose to bring two people into their faction.

The code for this is found here.

The wording is, in HUGE red text:

With this last sip, you feel your body convulsing horribly from the contents you've ingested. As you contemplate your actions, you sense an awakened kinship with rat-kind and their newly risen leader!

It then makes you immune to the rats.

These two people both independently believed themselves to be antagonists, but this does not show up on the antagonist panel, nor does it give them objectives. I was ready to file this as a bug report, but the flavor text doesn't strike me as obvious one way or the other.

The PR for this can be found here, with the changelog just being "overdosing on rat spit gives you the rat faction".

Does rat spit OD make you an antagonist, servant to the rat king, and it's a bug that it doesn't show up on antagonist panel AND the round end screen? Or is this just terrible flavor text to tell you you are immune to the rat king?

My gut says they're antagonists, but would like to see if anyone is more confident one way or the other.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Re: Rat Spit -- Does it make you an antagonist?

Post by Shadowflame909 » #626228

Maybe only the same antag level as the rat king

Which is side-antag at best, Minor annoyance at worst.
► Show Spoiler
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #626233

Rat king itself I think is more of an actual fully fledged antag that can kill anyone if it wasnt so limited by its horrible combat stats, its already lethally at odds with the rest of the crew due to the nature of the rats it summons and any holding back on the rat king`s side can easily allow crew to get to it and kill it. (It only takes a single assistant with a toolbox)

Rat king and its rats are reliant on good atmos, so if you are converted to rat king faction you are already held back from doing mass sabotage like bombing and plasmaflooding unless the rat king tells you specifically on what to do. (Atleast dont do it in a high traffic area as if you were a part of cult/revs)

As for being converted to rat king`s side as an individual crew I think that it should be treated more like a conversion antag where every action you take needs to keep your faction`s best interests at heart. Going on a random murderbone can cause unecessary trouble/heat for you which will put you in danger and since you`re the most valuable asset available to the rat king (someone that can use hands) you`re putting the rat king at risk too since converting people as rat king is difficult inconsistent and anyone converted is extremely valuable.

TLDR If youre converted to rat king team you should be similar to a conversion antag or golem/sentient potion mob that is loyal to the rat king which happens to be clearly at odds with crew.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
Ryusenshu
Byond Username: Ryusenshu

Post by Ryusenshu » #626281

I would make em an antag, with the goal to protect/serve the king
Of course with team antag rules, like suggested

Its already a rare situation that the rat king isnt instantly slaughtered and this could lead to interesting situations
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #626295

Dunno but rats suck and this should be taken out for being gross and meme-tier
tattle
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by tattle » #631385

Treat it the same as if you were a minor team antagonist like thrall or spider, and listen to your boss. You should protect the rat king and follow its orders.

Headmin Votes:
Dragomagol: Agree
NamelessFairy: Agree
RaveRadbury: Agree
Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler: