Round Removal and Cyborg-ification

Tearling
Byond Username: Tearling

Round Removal and Cyborg-ification

Post by Tearling » #632912

Although the rules don't directly mention what round removal is (afaik) it has been mentioned multiple times in ban appeals, and countless times in salty discussions in deadchat. For an example, for the one which directly raised an interest in this topic, take this ban appeal:
Ryan Creamer Ban Appeal

Although they didn't literally end anyone's round the admin still believed it to be a case of round removal. It could still definitely be taken as an example of seriously negatively influencing the round of someone, but that line is a bit vague and seems to be up to admin interpretation. (Hence why I'm raising the topic here)

Case and point: Cyborg-ification! Roburgers or a hidden robotics lab could both hypothetically allow an antag to forcibly convert people into cyborgs, and in both cases a person would essentially have their round irreversibly ruined or changed in a drastic way. Though cyborgs definitely have more interaction with the crew than slimes, I think there is an easy comparison to be made when plenty of players absolute hate playing cyborg.

Therefor, I want to raise the following question:
Is randomly turning people into cyborgs considered a rule 1 violation?
If not, why is turning people into slimes a rule 1 violation, but turning people into cyborgs not?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:41 am From my perspective, players just want to genuinely be listened to. And I don't mean it condescendingly, but to genuinely have their say and for admins to listen, process it and reply. Even if you don't give two shits about what the player is saying, even if you disagree with every part of what they say, players are less likely to leave an ahelp pissed off if you've listened to them and given a reply that directly addresses what they've told you.
carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Re: Round Removal and Cyborg-ification

Post by carshalash » #632915

Are, you really comparing being a cyborg to being a simplemob that can't talk to people?
Ryusenshu
Byond Username: Ryusenshu

Post by Ryusenshu » #632916

Borging can be undone by removing the brain and they have enough tools and such to let keep you doing stuff
Slime cant be undone, and all they can do is ventcrawl, eat and reproduce

If people hate playing cyborg thats on them
Antag gonna Antag
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #632971

Ryusenshu wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:17 am Slime cant be undone, and all they can do is ventcrawl, eat and reproduce
on top of that, they're valid salad because all they can do is hurt people and they're stupid easy to kill with an object that's on every wall in the station.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Tearling

Post by Tearling » #632983

Ryusenshu wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:17 am Borging can be undone by removing the brain and they have enough tools and such to let keep you doing stuff
Slime cant be undone, and all they can do is ventcrawl, eat and reproduce

If people hate playing cyborg thats on them
Antag gonna Antag
Once borged, they can't go out of their way to be un-borged, can they? Assuming they have asimov.
carshalash wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:03 am Are, you really comparing being a cyborg to being a simplemob that can't talk to people?
Yes! Some people absolutely hate playing cyborg. If there was a good reason for turning them into one, lets say through a malf AI cyborg machine, it wouldn't be random. There is a clear benefit for an AI stocking up on a bunch of cyborgs.
But an antag randomly doing it for luls? I don't see any reason why I shouldn't compare it to a slime, when personally I've had more fun as a pyro-slime than as a cyborg.
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:41 am From my perspective, players just want to genuinely be listened to. And I don't mean it condescendingly, but to genuinely have their say and for admins to listen, process it and reply. Even if you don't give two shits about what the player is saying, even if you disagree with every part of what they say, players are less likely to leave an ahelp pissed off if you've listened to them and given a reply that directly addresses what they've told you.
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by dragomagol » #633007

Tearling wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:18 am Is randomly turning people into cyborgs considered a rule 1 violation?
I've personally always considered this the case. I like playing cyborg but I understand this isn't true for everybody every round.
AKA tattle

Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #633010

To clarify this should be in the context of MRP, LRP doesn't have restrictions on round removal as an antag.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Tearling

Post by Tearling » #633013

Archie700 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:43 am To clarify this should be in the context of MRP, LRP doesn't have restrictions on round removal as an antag.
I gotta keep it open-ended otherwise someone is gonna jump in here and say something like "we don't have any lrp servers, terry is mrp and manuel is hrp"
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #633092

To answer the original question, playing a cyborg is vastly different from playing as humanoid crew that killing a person just to turn them into a cyborg will negatively affect their round, especially if you destroy the body afterwards.
And there's no benefit to turning a person into a cyborg against their will unless you subvert them, which still affects their round heavily.
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
dragomagol
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Post by dragomagol » #633262

Tearling wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:18 am Is randomly turning people into cyborgs considered a rule 1 violation?
If not, why is turning people into slimes a rule 1 violation, but turning people into cyborgs not?
1) Yes, randomly turning people into cyborgs as a non-antag is a rule 1 violation.
2) N/A

Headmin Votes:
Dragomagol: Agree
RaveRadbury: Agree
NamelessFairy: Agree
AKA tattle

Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler: