Make repair drones great again (Or allow the coders to do so)

The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Make repair drones great again (Or allow the coders to do so)

Post by The Wrench » #634156

As someone who used to enjoy drones and being a low impact way of getting autism projects done, and adding people back into the shift. It makes me a bit sad about the current state of drone nerfs all in favor of punishing bad actors. From my own perspective drones are essentially unplayable with the removal of the drone bag. Being this is a headmin issue I would love to hear if the new regime’s opinion on this issue.
Last edited by The Wrench on Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

Re: Make repair drones great again (Or allow the coders to do so)

Post by The Wrench » #634157

If someone is griefing or metagrudging with a drone role, they could be banned the same as someone abusing golem or other ghost spawns.
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #634159

Adam Klein wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:38 pm If someone is griefing or metagrudging with a drone role, they could be banned the same as someone abusing golem or other ghost spawns.
For some reason I used to do shit that I never thought I would do these days and I have TWO dronebans on my account so it's definitely possible to keep the most deranged of animals from shitting it up too hard.
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #635686

Drones were notoriously frustrating for admins of their time to deal with. We will not be making any changes to repair drones at this time. I was the person responsible for the drone limitations (not including the bug where clientless mobs blocked interactions, which has/will been fixed by Fikou soon). Silicon policy is infamously frustrating for admins, drone policy is silicon policy on steroids. I empathize heavily with the history of the past where drones were obnoxious to deal with from admins.

Additional comments:
MrMelbert - Assuming most of the current limitations with drones are bugs (as mothblocks says) I don't see a reason to expand drone abilities beyond fixing said bugs
Timberpoes - I would only allow relaxation of drone limitations where the admin team as a whole supported it, since drone limitations were imposed to appease the admin team in the first place.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<