Calling shuttle immediately cause X antag

Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Calling shuttle immediately cause X antag

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #634255

nukies is fine, xenos aren't cult maybe and heretics and traitors isnt??

We need a policy on this.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

technokek
Byond Username: Technokek

Re: Calling shuttle immediately cause X antag

Post by technokek » #634267

It depends on what is actually happening, a blanket ruling would be dumb.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #634268

doesnt that new "Dont play to win" rule fix this
► Show Spoiler
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #634269

I wish there was a middle ground between people who call because there is a broken window in hydroponics, and people who won't call even though half the station is a crater, and the other half is extra crispy from a plasmafire, and 90% of the crew is dead.

But it seems to me the answer to this question is the first guy is calling because he wants to antag roll, and the second guy isn't calling because he's having fun as an antagonist, so he doesn't want the shift to end.

So basically, no, this is an unsolvable issue unless you go start playing command yourself.
BlueMemesauce
Byond Username: BlueMemesauce

Post by BlueMemesauce » #634274

IC justifications to call the emergency shuttle just don't make any sense for gameplay.

When there's no antags and everythings dealt with, IC there's no reason to call the escape shuttle because now they are supposed just focus on their jobs and work. However OOC people are bored and want to start a round. It's the opposite of what it should be for gameplay. People OOC don't want to just do their meanlingless jobs while nothing happens even though IC that's the ideal situation for command so there is no reason for them to call the shuttle
On the other hand when there's antags now people are OOC having fun being an antag or avoiding the antags. But IC now there is an incentive to call the shuttle because IC people actually care about living. Especially Command wants to protect their lives because they are probably valuable to nanotrasen.

The escape shuttle should be reworked because it's the reverse of what's actually good for gameplay. But none of this is ever going to matter because the emergency shuttle is such a staple of SS13 that it would be impossible to ever change it. So we just have to deal with it not making any sense usually just claiming the emergency shuttle is supposedly a crew transfer shuttle or something.
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #634277

I talked about this last night with Timberpoes--I don't really want to have a scenario where there are IC emergencies (culties, oh no!) that don't count OOC, I think it would make command more annoying to play.

One exception is patterns of bored calls at like 25 minutes, at some point there's reason to believe you're antag rolling. Furthermore, shuttle calls that are just "all antags dead, let's leave" might fall under rule 12 if it feels like you're playing to win, such as if an admin notices it as a repeat behavior.

Admins are encouraged to recall shuttles they think suck. Excessively bad shuttle calls (the most clear cut being regular extremely early shuttle calls with no real emergency) might be handled administratively if there's good enough reason to believe you're acting in bad faith.

TLDR:
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
mrmelbert
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Mr Melbert

Post by mrmelbert » #634613

All of our thoughts align with what Mothblocks said in the prior post.
Admins are encouraged to handle shuttle calls on a case by case basis.
If the shuttle call rationale was bad, they can recall it. And if it was excessively poor or bad faith, it can be handled administratively.

Quoting Technokek:

Mothblocks - Agree with above
MrMelbert - Agree with above
Timberpoes - Agree with above
Admin: December 2020 - Present
Code Maintainer: December 2021 - Present
Head Admin: Feburary 2022 - September 2022
Youtube Guy: sometimes