(Crazy idea Tuesday)- Remove the antag prevention on the lower levels of security

The Wrench
Byond Username: The Wrench

(Crazy idea Tuesday)- Remove the antag prevention on the lower levels of security

Post by The Wrench » #636889

I don’t really have a good reason other than it breaks that trust in Security granted by metaprotections. More paranoia in a paranoid based game is good yo.
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Re: (Crazy idea Tuesday)- Remove the antag prevention on the lower levels of security

Post by Stickymayhem » #636895

This idea is too good for the community to ever accept it.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Re: (Crazy idea Tuesday)- Remove the antag prevention on the lower levels of security

Post by chocolate_bickie » #636924

Could be a fun station trait, security starts without mindshields and can be antags.
Yulice
Byond Username: Yulice

Post by Yulice » #636929

If this ever happened I would likely purposefully interrupt every arrest
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #636987

this and also remove security metaprotections so i can just kill them if they try to arrest me
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #636988

I feel like this could be interesting in a higher RP server, but it'd never actually fly here.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #637003

If only :cry:
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #637007

I approve, if only because I want to see a secoff who turns out to be a traitor just pulling out a fucking revolver and shooting the greyshits who try to interrupt every single fucking arrest on Sybil.
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #637011

make it a config option and then run it on one of the servers for a month or two to show people that it's actually pretty cool
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Fatal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: FatalX1

Post by Fatal » #637012

Anyone who suggests this never played with traitor sec before

It could work on MRP but on the LRP servers? Murderboning security was never fun (although this is back when stun batons were 1 hit gg and tasers existed), and then you have even more assistants and fuckwit crew interfering with security doing their jobs because they "could" be a traitor
The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #637017

Greytiders already fuck with security, so by definition it doesn’t matter if they’re able to roll antag or not. Shitters will shit regardless and setting up hugbox always trustworthy teams are lame. If lower security officers start murderboning, that’s what security is for. Hos actually has to lead his team, like any other head of staff. Security shouldn’t be an automatic validhunting machine, or a deathsquad. They are mall cops, and should be treated as such
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm all you godamn do is whine and complain come up with ideas, stop bitching for christs sake.
Flatulent wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:02 am You and anyone who supports the rule 3 as described by mso is simply put not an lrp player

Fatal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: FatalX1

Post by Fatal » #637023

Adam Klein wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:11 am Greytiders already fuck with security, so by definition it doesn’t matter if they’re able to roll antag or not. Shitters will shit regardless and setting up hugbox always trustworthy teams are lame. If lower security officers start murderboning, that’s what security is for. Hos actually has to lead his team, like any other head of staff. Security shouldn’t be an automatic validhunting machine, or a deathsquad. They are mall cops, and should be treated as such
And greytiders fucking with security is one of the biggest issues I personally have to deal with on Terry, giving people an actual excuse to do so is making admins jobs harder and nobody is going to want to play security if people can fuck with them in this manner without any punishment

Sec not being antag is something we've had for a long time now, and you honestly don't want to go back to them being able to roll it
The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #637029

The simple answer is, ban the greyshits, they are going to grief security regardless of if they can roll antagonist or not. Rule 12 exists now, so we can start to bring back the fun features and rulings from the past that allow more ingame freedom.

sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #637044

Is this even a config? If it’s not then you’re takin advantage of the headmin headcoder cycle bro.

If it is a config then my god that would be one of the worst ideas of all time. If sec could be antags just like normal crew then you should resist every arrest, treat being stunned like an attempt on your life (as it often is for nonsec), retaliate with lethal force, all under the guise they are possible antags. It’d pretty much make sec unplayable.
Spoiler:
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #637073

It would be much less of an issue if people didn’t shut off brain anytime someone red did something.

I had a recent experience where I supposedly didn’t open a door for someone as MD so instead of explaining the issue they demanded I put myself in cuffs and lef them “take me to brig” when I didn’t do anything to my knowledge.

This culminated into me accidentally closing blast doors on an officer who was also trying to wordlessly stun me which would have absolutely ruined my round all because they wanted to exert their power and I could do fuck all had the hos not be a man of reason.

Even with security meta protections people should realize that is only true for those that start as security, there can be people who pretend to be these individuals and even morph to be exactly like them. The only antag that CANT larp as them is rev because a mindshield makes them lose antag, and that’s assuming you as a nonsec can see who is and isn’t mindshielded. It’s super annoying to deal with the entitlement of “i can’t be antag so you should just trust me bro” especially when people don’t even get it after the fact.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #637088

sinfulbliss wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:34 pm Is this even a config? If it’s not then you’re takin advantage of the headmin headcoder cycle bro.
yeah
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #637186

Cobby wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:44 pm Even with security meta protections people should realize that is only true for those that start as security, there can be people who pretend to be these individuals and even morph to be exactly like them. The only antag that CANT larp as them is rev because a mindshield makes them lose antag, and that’s assuming you as a nonsec can see who is and isn’t mindshielded. It’s super annoying to deal with the entitlement of “i can’t be antag so you should just trust me bro” especially when people don’t even get it after the fact.
It is quite difficult to become a mindshielded bad guy, if you get to the point where you can break into armory for shields and unlock them with a stolen sec ID, sec is probably nonexistent or defunct anyway. If they're not then you deserve it anyway for that work.

Metaprotections aren't just "can't be antag," they go way deeper than that. The "can't be antag" part is just a necessary prerequisite for the real OOC protections, which allow you to make arrests and enforce "spacelaw" without people being able to beat the shit out of you for it. You remove the metaprotections and there's nothing stopping you from just annihilating a seccie for trying to baton you, like you'd be able to do against normal crew. Sec would just become loot pinatas for doing their job.
Spoiler:
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #637266

"Its quite difficult" is not synonymous to "its not possible".

As a player you have full right to defend yourself from an officer harassing you for reasons beyond your explanation. If you didnt do something, then its not a valid arrest, therefore you can already escalate appropriately.
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #637273

Cobby wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:29 pm "Its quite difficult" is not synonymous to "its not possible".

As a player you have full right to defend yourself from an officer harassing you for reasons beyond your explanation. If you didnt do something, then its not a valid arrest, therefore you can already escalate appropriately.
A security officer harasses you for an unjustified reason
You retaliate and defend yourself against them
The rest of security is now after you for assault of an officer
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
CDranzer
Byond Username: CDranzer

Post by CDranzer » #637284

Sure, let's give an antagonist a full security getup while also making security's job harder by removing their implicit authority.
I see no way this could end catastrophically for absolutely fucking everybody.
The Wrench

Post by The Wrench » #637300

Again they are not a death squad and should not trust each other all the time. The whole reason Security takes each others back all the time now is because they can’t be antagonist normally

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #637331

We had antagonist security back in the day and it didn't work and it was removed. One of the reasons was how easy it was to arrest people and then disappear them in the brig never to return, without raising suspicion. Another was that it then opened security up to being fucked with and having their arrests interfered with, because it could always be an antagonist trying to kill their target.
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #637414

NoxVS wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:57 pm
Cobby wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:29 pm "Its quite difficult" is not synonymous to "its not possible".

A security officer harasses you for an unjustified reason
You retaliate and defend yourself against them
The rest of security is now after you for assault of an officer
I consider it an extent of being wrongfully accused :)
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #637437

I miss back when the game was unbalanced enough that you could just robust all of security, do them all up in their own cuffs, and lecture them.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #637656

We're not interested in this.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<