disable catpeople (unironic)

toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

disable catpeople (unironic)

Post by toemas » #638080

the playerbase voted three times to remove them from the game and oranges seems to want them gone. felinids detract from the atmosphere and attract the worst kind of players, when can we be rid of them?
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Re: disable catpeople (unironic)

Post by Pandarsenic » #638084

When we replace them with sharkpeople
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Shellton(Mario)
Byond Username: Sheltton

Post by Shellton(Mario) » #638087

I disagree. When am ai I bully cat people into submission. As such my roleplay would be ruined.
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #638089

i would like to add onto this - i believe women should be removed from the game as well.
the female spaceman sprite attracts the absolute worst sort of people and creates a whole new dynamic and tension and flirting between otherwise normal, working spacemen.

moths and lizards should also be removed since they look sort of odd. tg should have human male characters only.
Spoiler:
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #638090

I think if we add fox people who gain more tails (up to 9) the longer they stay alive for in a round, we could get away with Devolving the cat
► Show Spoiler
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #638095

Since we’re here I’d like to chime in with my idea of removing all department berets except for security. I’d also like to say since I missed it, I don’t think golems were that big an issue. Like cmon, we literally used to see all out war weekly. Which entailed endless BOH bombs (both forms) and mechs. Golems have tons of potential for roleplay and interaction and have seen considerable improvement with time. Finally, I’d like to say I WOULD vote yes to remove catgirls.
[this space reserved]
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #638096

Can you provide an actual argument besides "I don't like them personally."?
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #638098

wesoda25 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:36 am Since we’re here I’d like to chime in with my idea of removing all department berets except for security. I’d also like to say since I missed it, I don’t think golems were that big an issue. Like cmon, we literally used to see all out war weekly. Which entailed endless BOH bombs (both forms) and mechs. Golems have tons of potential for roleplay and interaction and have seen considerable improvement with time. Finally, I’d like to say I WOULD vote yes to remove catgirls.
I would like to support wesoda's statement here. Too long have these other "departments" been ruining the gameplay experience for everyone. Whether it's sitting in cryo for 30 minutes (medbay), toxins leaking plasma into all of science (science), cargo arming the whole station with mosins (cargo), engineering delamming the SM (engineering), or botany releasing gatfruit (service), the time I believe has come to reduce the game back down to the bare bones, the core gameplay: security. A department, unmarred by "autism fortresses" and "singleplayer experiences," but which at its core is the department of Speaking, Sorting Conflict, and Seeking Peace (SSS for short).
Spoiler:
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #638100

No
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<