give officers maint access back

toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

give officers maint access back

Post by toemas » #641634

Bottom post of the previous page:

its been in the game for a bit just to try it out, and i think its been here long enough. having to go ask the hop for maints access whenever theres a cult or something is just pointless tedium. it does not enhance or improve my enjoyment of the game.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Re: give officers maint access back

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #643516

sinfulbliss wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:15 pm
RaveRadbury wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:56 am Sec's job isn't to patrol maint for antags
Sec's job is to stop crime. Antags are there to do crime. Maint is the best place to do crime. Therefore sec should have maint access.
Most crime actually happens in departments. You know, where all the stuff everyone, most antags included wants is? The only thing that happens in maint is engineer autism projects and antag bases.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #645041

Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:32 am
RaveRadbury wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:56 am Sec's job isn't to patrol maint for antags
Sec's job is to stop crime. Antags are there to do crime. Maint is the best place to do crime. Therefore sec should have maint access.
Most crime actually happens in departments. You know, where all the stuff everyone, most antags included wants is? The only thing that happens in maint is engineer autism projects and antag bases.
With prog tot, objectives are in departments yes. The crime of stealing the objectives are in departments. Do you think the antagonists sit in the departments after doing them to wait for security to get them? They are gone through maintenance after doing what they have to do.

Murders lead to maintenance, bodies are in maintenance, crime scenes lead to maintenance, and antagonists that have just done the crime lead to maintenance. Sec’s job is to catch the bad people that did the crime, and usually that isn’t going to be as they do it. That’s why the whole yknow, detective job and forensics exists. Because they’re not there when it happens.
Spoiler:
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rageguy505

Post by Rageguy505 » #645109

sinfulbliss wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:20 pm
Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:32 am
With prog tot, objectives are in departments yes. The crime of stealing the objectives are in departments. Do you think the antagonists sit in the departments after doing them to wait for security to get them? They are gone through maintenance after doing what they have to do.

Murders lead to maintenance, bodies are in maintenance, crime scenes lead to maintenance, and antagonists that have just done the crime lead to maintenance. Sec’s job is to catch the bad people that did the crime, and usually that isn’t going to be as they do it. That’s why the whole yknow, detective job and forensics exists. Because they’re not there when it happens.
finding dead people in maint is the paramedics job though
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #645110

Rageguy505 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:39 pm finding dead people in maint is the paramedics job though
Bringing the dead people to get revived is the paramedic's job. Investigating the murder and stopping the person who's creating the bodies in maint is sec's job
Spoiler:
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rageguy505

Post by Rageguy505 » #645112

sinfulbliss wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:47 pm
Rageguy505 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:39 pm finding dead people in maint is the paramedics job though
Bringing the dead people to get revived is the paramedic's job. Investigating the murder and stopping the person who's creating the bodies in maint is sec's job
yeah and the detective has maint access
HeyHey
Byond Username: Heyhey69

Post by HeyHey » #645126

Keeping sec out of maints is great for giving antags more breathing room to escape. Plus Det now has more purpose as the only non head of staff with full maint.
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #645560

Now it is time for the policy thread to go sleepiebyes, so you may all learn the terrible truth.

We have also kept this a secret from you all: MSO secretly turned this back on at some point, then didn't say anything on purpose.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin