You should not be allowed to murder an ethereal just because they revive with the crystal

iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

You should not be allowed to murder an ethereal just because they revive with the crystal

Post by iamgoofball » #645555

Ethereal crystal revives inflict a permanent, unfixable brain trauma, which can be extremely painful to deal with. Certain players have been abusing the guaranteed ethereal revive to skip the "bringing them to medbay" part of escalation, or to justify increased lethality in combat.

Can we rule that you still need to drag ethereals to medbay and that murdering them on the spot just because they revive with the crystal isn't okay?
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Re: You should not be allowed to murder an ethereal just because they revive with the crystal

Post by wubli » #645556

is this something that actually happens
i don't play an ethereal so i have never seen it
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Re: You should not be allowed to murder an ethereal just because they revive with the crystal

Post by Timberpoes » #645558

There is no need to make a ruling just for Ethereals. Escalation policy already covers what we expect of players and applies as normal.
... If the conflict leads to violence and you had a poor reason for causing conflict in the first place, you may face administrative action ... If a conflict leads to violence and either participant is incapacitated, the standing participant is expected to make an effort to treat the other, unless they have reason to believe the other was an antagonist.
Timberpoes: Agree
Mothblocks: Yes
Melbert: Approve
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin