remove murder bone permissions from revanent

EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

remove murder bone permissions from revanent

Post by EmpressMaia » #645819

every time a revanent roles it is a malice to the fun of the round, random killing, spacing the stations air supply, and emagging every bot happens every time a revanent roles.
i think these are generally bad for the round because whereas with a traitor or blood brother, you will mostlikely have _some_ interaction with them, but with revanents all you can do is watch as your department or project is destroyed, and maybe all of this would be fine if they couldnt communicate with ghosts, revanents bring out the worst of dchat, every time im in dchat and a rev roles, its filled with encouragments for grief that the station clearly is not equipped to handle
i think this could be fixed with removing revs murderbone permissions and giving them more non lethal abilities such as area wide power outages, area wide gravity outages, or mass hallucenations
Last edited by EmpressMaia on Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Re: remove murder bone permissions from revanent

Post by Mothblocks » #645820

every time a revanent roles it is a malice to the fun of the round, random killing, spacing the stations air supply, and emagging every bot happens every time a revanent roles.
These are things an antagonist does, you don't explain why this is bad to the round.
and giving them more non lethal abilities such as area wide power outages, area wide gravity outages, or mass hallucenations
This is a code change and out of the realm of policy discussion.
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #645821

I disagree entirely, give revenants more situations where they have the ability to murder people through circumstance rather than slowly shocking people to death.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
cybersaber101
Byond Username: Cybersaber101

Post by cybersaber101 » #645829

It's just a product of using old old tools revs have, I think they're fine as is policy wise until someone rocks the boat and changes em up a ton.
The same poster, over and over and over and over and over and-
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #645833

I like the way they are. Especially now in dynamic that they exacerbate certain threats. Like stunning crew so spiders can chomp on them easier. Or emagging bots during blob

Very good for tension
► Show Spoiler
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #645844

EmpressMaia wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:27 am i think these are generally bad for the round because whereas with a traitor or blood brother, you will mostlikely have _some_ interaction with them, but with revanents all you can do is watch as your department or project is destroyed
death is rp, so is laying piles of salt everywhere to keep the bad man away
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #645855

I think revenants should do everything in their ability to troll and make crew miserable. Adding rules or removing their full antag status could hinder their ability to do that, which would suck.
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Post by chocolate_bickie » #645937

Revenants have tons of counterplay. Just ask the chappie to slap a water tank with the bible and bless the station.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #645938

Give revenants fireball
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
HeyHey
Byond Username: Heyhey69

Post by HeyHey » #645987

Revenants are fun. They also have extremely hard counters that just require the chaplain to be alive. This is a skill issue.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #645989

hotharheyhey69 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:17 am Revenants are fun. They also have extremely hard counters that just require the chaplain to be alive. This is a skill issue.
not even just the chaplain. Just make salt smoke grenades/put salt in the smoke machine. Or put salt in a bottle of spray-cleaner and the revenant cant get near you, and gets stunned + exposed if he tries

very easy to kill if someone wants to do so
► Show Spoiler
DaydreamIQ
Byond Username: DaydreamIQ

Post by DaydreamIQ » #646237

As someone who actually enjoys playing revenant. Yeah I think it could do with some code changes, but as it stands it NEEDS to have the ability to murderbone. Its entire goal revolves around it killing people for essence, changing that would just make it mild griff ghost that can't do anything substantial beyond uplifting a bunch of tiles
JusticeGoat
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: JusticeGoat

Post by JusticeGoat » #646291

The only thing i could think of changing is the ability to chain stun cyborgs with emp.
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #646445

cybersaber101 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:29 am It's just a product of using old old tools revs have, I think they're fine as is policy wise until someone rocks the boat and changes em up a ton.
Honestly just this. The role hasn't received much of any special touches. But at least it isn't as devoid of inspiration as shadowling nightmare. What else is the role going to realistically do? Same as shadowling nightmare.

I will say though: seeing the 800th rev play break the windows gets to be boring and uninspired about the 2nd time in. That's a code thing anyways.
Hugs
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #646471

We're not going to do this
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<