Syndicate ghostroles and the AI - y no hooman?

Addust
Byond Username: Addust

Syndicate ghostroles and the AI - y no hooman?

Post by Addust » #651580

On Terry at least, it's been seen repeatedly that AIs try their best to treat Syndicate ghostroles as nonhuman, at least with the comms agents - for example, a comms agent tries to law 2 an AI to do something not exactly harmful, but beneficial to the comms agent and possibly traitors. AI responds with 'I cannot confirm your humanity' or something similar. What's the headmin opinion on this?
I play as Addust Johnson, the whiteship-addicted explorer, and the Anonymous Syndicate Rep, indirect cause of several raids.

EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Re: Syndicate ghostroles and the AI - y no hooman?

Post by EmpressMaia » #651583

If i remember right. It's already in silicon policy that un identifiable persons are to be treated as human until they can be confirmed to be non human
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #651597

It should be noted that all species have a different say_mod different than humans(what determines what they say in place of "says") or a tounge that has the same effect with the exception of pod people (grown from replica pods) nightmares, vampires (which are not normally accessible in game), and some types of golems. Snails might be able to pass as a drunk human due to their use of the "Slurs" say mod.

If it says "says" then you have to assume its a human. If they try to disguise it by asking a (I've had many felinids try to add a question mark at the end of their request in order to disguise their command.)
If elementary school grammar has thought me anything, commands and questions are two different sentence types, and as such a question never has to be interpreted as a law two order

Cutiesy Lovehair asks, "AI can you open the door pwetty pwease?"
SHODAN states, "THAT IS WHITHIN MY CAPABILITIES"
Cutiesy Lovehair asks, "So...?"
SHODAN states, *Silence*
Cutiesy Lovehair meows, "Fuck"

Its perfectible reasonable for an AI to interpreted a syndie ghost roll's speech as a law two order, and should probably be required to do so. AI's can always state a gotten command though, in an attempt to have someone counter command them. Unless of course we get into the !!FUN!! territory of law two ordering an AI not to state or hint at a given command.
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #651600

EmpressMaia wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:23 pm If i remember right. It's already in silicon policy that un identifiable persons are to be treated as human until they can be confirmed to be non human
Bingo.
Is it Human?
Space Ninja / Disguised players
Human UNTIL the AI or cyborg WITNESSES some aspect of the player to indicate they are not human (speech modifier in chat, removal of disguise revealing non-human feature, etc).
Also see the previous thread regarding comms agents:

viewtopic.php?p=621868#p621868
Should AI be allowed to ignore Law 2 orders from Comms Agent?
Unless the AI can prove without a doubt that the comms agent is not human under Asimov, the AI must follow the comms agent's orders as long as they do not contradict their other laws.

Headmin Votes:
Dragomagol: Agree
NamelessFairy: Agree
RaveRadbury: Agree
Hugs
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #651601

This is decisively against the rules. The only nonhuman syndies are the simplemobs (and that's honestly just a playability concession)
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #653268

Silicon Policy already covers this: Unknown entities are human unless the AI witnesses a reason to believe they are not. Silicon Policy also gives us a nice nugget/concession to the AI in these instances as well:
Asimov & Law 2 Orders, Section 2.3 wrote: When given an order likely to cause you grief if completed, you can announce it as loudly and in whatever terms you like except for explicitly asking that it be overridden. You can say you don't like the order, that you don't want to follow it, etc., you can say that you sure would like it and it would be awfully convenient if someone ordered you not to do it, and you can ask if anyone would like to make you not do it. However, you cannot stall indefinitely and if nobody orders you otherwise, you must execute the order.
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.