[MRP] Allow AI's to request non-robotocists to construct cyborgs/shells.

carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

[MRP] Allow AI's to request non-robotocists to construct cyborgs/shells.

Post by carshalash » #651868

This is kind of a garbage unlisted rule that seems to only apply to manuel. Silicons have to rely on these dudes to do anything for them and they for some reason are allowed just to refuse to do anything helpful. MD's aren't allowed to refuse to assist dying people because they don't want to, so why does the same standard not apply to silicons?
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Re: [MRP] Allow AI's to request non-robotocists to construct cyborgs/shells.

Post by Pandarsenic » #651871

If the roboticists are unavailable (or useless) you are, I'm pretty sure, free to beg someone to make you a borg/shell for simple playability reasons. You may have to put up with their protectiveness of their lab but other than that, have at it.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #651886

Pandarsenic wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:39 am If the roboticists are unavailable (or useless) you are, I'm pretty sure, free to beg someone to make you a borg/shell for simple playability reasons. You may have to put up with their protectiveness of their lab but other than that, have at it.
Bingo. If it isn't housed or they are swamped shoot for it and ask.
Stay in your lane. This means that you should do the job you signed up for and not try and do other people’s jobs for them. If you need something from another player you should attempt to ask them to get it for you instead of just taking it. If there is no one around to do a job or you get permission to help or grab something it is acceptable to stray from your lane.
That being said, as it stands they aren't required to be making them or any other specific part of their job kit.

MD's can refuse to do certain things, sec can ignore someone calling for them, engineers can just stare at the SM, cargo can not order things for people, cooks can cook up glass shards instead of food: all if they really want to.

No one is really entitled to anything in game, that includes AI having more borgs or shells.
Hugs
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #651896

Also consider going over their head and asking the RD. He's usually busy but if you can pester permission to let someone else do it, the roboticist cant do shit cuz the RD allowed it
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #652813

I don't think we need to be mandating player interaction in policy. Players should be encouraged to do this but I strongly dislike the idea of allowing someone to break a rule if a job's not doing what someone wants. This basically requires someone to go do what the AI wants, even if they're being extremely rude about it.

I think it's okay to gripe at other crewmembers so they'll go bother the roboticists themselves, though.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
spookuni
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Spookuni

Post by spookuni » #653750

AIs are free to request other players assist them in acquiring shells or cyborgs, but should remain conscious of RPR 10 - asking someone to make use of an empty robotics lab to construct silicons is entirely reasonable, bypassing active roboticists to let someone else into their workspace because they are not as effective as an AI player would prefer is not. Other methods such as making use of the maintenance fabricator or building another fabricator somewhere else may be viable in those cases, but asserting control over someone else's workspace because they're not playing as you would prefer is to be avoided.