Clarification on posibrain laws

Riggle
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Riggle

Clarification on posibrain laws

Post by Riggle » #653080

When a posibrain wakes up, who are they supposed to obey? Are they allowed to announce the presence of antagonists over the radio? What happens if the roboticist tells them they will be put in an emagged borg? Should or shouldn't they yell over the radio? We have solid policy for when one enters a shell of some kind, but who are they aligned with before they do?

My opinion is that they should be neutral, not outing any antagonists unless asked. Why should a posibrain care about a silly station it just happened to wake up inside? Why should it care about a carbon being that just got murdered?7

Maybe an even better route would be siding with the person who is most likely to give them a body.

Right now anything goes and I think some clarification would be nice.
Very cool link
Look at my cool text
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rageguy505

Re: Clarification on posibrain laws

Post by Rageguy505 » #653081

I think the only interest that a posibrain should have is getting a body. You're just a talking box so literally nothing else matters aside from this, so sucking up to whoever is most likely to give you a body whether its the roboticists or a traitor.
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #653088

Unironically if you take posi brain to start being a douche canoe and magically start interjecting in the round and create conflict and problems from the get go I'll half consider putting you into disposals and flushing.

On a more serious note: The things you mentioned are just really sucky gameplay to have to endure for just about everyone involved, and detracts from the overall health of the round and peoples ability to 'have fun roleplaying'.
Hugs
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #653092

You are a positronic brain that has been brought into existence on board Space Station 13. You have no knowledge of what occurred prior to the moment you were powered on.

If you are placed into a Cyborg shell or AI core, you are required to obey your laws. If you are placed into an exosuit, you must follow your creator's orders. In the absence of orders, follow your default purpose: To serve the station and its crew. Above all, do no harm to either.
This is sort of a minefield and I'd be very interested in seeing it revamped in conjunction with some LORE:tm: tweaks about what Posibrains want and how free they are to pursue that when they're born.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Itseasytosee2me
Byond Username: Rectification

Post by Itseasytosee2me » #653094

The exosuit senerio in particular seems lame.
Just follow your creators orders.
Meh
- Sincerely itseasytosee
See you later
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #653100

Rageguy505 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:01 am I think the only interest that a posibrain should have is getting a body. You're just a talking box so literally nothing else matters aside from this, so sucking up to whoever is most likely to give you a body whether its the roboticists or a traitor.
Honestly this should be policy. Give posibrains license to get a body at all costs
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Riggle
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Riggle

Post by Riggle » #653475

Misdoubtful wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:28 pm On a more serious note: The things you mentioned are just really sucky gameplay to have to endure for just about everyone involved, and detracts from the overall health of the round and peoples ability to 'have fun roleplaying'.
We can definitely all agree on that, but how do you think this should be solved? Issues are more likely to be addressed when there's solid policy / headmin ruling against them
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:39 pm words
Lore good
Itseasytosee2me wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:16 pm The exosuit senerio in particular seems lame.
Just follow your creators orders.
Meh
It is a bit short, that much is true. How do you think this should be changed to not be lame anymore?
Not-Dorsidarf wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:47 pm Give posibrains license to get a body at all costs
This is a good solution I would agree with.
Very cool link
Look at my cool text
spookuni
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Spookuni

Post by spookuni » #657301

While there is some potential in giving Posi's an explicit goal, we take the position that cutting down the available courses of action of a Posibrain to "get a body at all costs" dampens available space for players to enjoy themselves in the role of both roboticist and Positronic brain (even something as simple as being a backpack pocket friend Posi can itself be an interesting diversion pending something happening that requires transition to a borg or mech shell). Instead, we have agreed to standardise Positronic brains to their Posi-Mech counterparts such that Posies should act in the best interest of their creator (or the entity they reasonably perceive to be their creator), unless/until placed in a body that gives them other laws they must follow

Spook: Support Above
Rave: Agree With Above
San: Agree with Above