[MRP] Allow malf AI's that buy the borg factory the same freedom of a self destructing AI

EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

[MRP] Allow malf AI's that buy the borg factory the same freedom of a self destructing AI

Post by EmpressMaia » #653978

There's no current ruling on whether AI's are allowed to plasma flood after placing a borg factory, I'd argue they should be able to because it's a large investment of points similar to the self destruct module. And is usually bought with the goal of turning the entire station into borgs. Thoughts?
Last edited by EmpressMaia on Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Re: Allow malf AI's that buy the borg factory the same freedom of a self destructing AI

Post by CPTANT » #653979

Please tag threads that are MRP only as such because this question makes no sense otherwise.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
EmpressMaia

Re: Allow malf AI's that buy the borg factory the same freedom of a self destructing AI

Post by EmpressMaia » #653980

Fuck your right
Drag
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thedragmeme

Re: [MRP] Allow malf AI's that buy the borg factory the same freedom of a self destructing AI

Post by Drag » #653986

No. When you place down a borging machine you have the intent to capture people alive. A plasma flood is very much counter intuitive. Having crew alive is a requirement or they cannot be borged. You absolutely can trick people into a n20 flooded room though.

Imo current system works fine.
DaydreamIQ
Byond Username: DaydreamIQ

Re: [MRP] Allow malf AI's that buy the borg factory the same freedom of a self destructing AI

Post by DaydreamIQ » #653987

It costs a ton of points but I don't think there's anything stopping an AI from buying both Borger and Delta? At least not from what I could see on the wiki (Its been far too long since I last got malf). If you're really wanting to have both well, just save up. Go delta, THEN do your funny flood. Or just use hostile lockdown, more people tend to shock themselves on the doors than actually wait it out anyways.
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #654003

Drag wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:42 pm No. When you place down a borging machine you have the intent to capture people alive. A plasma flood is very much counter intuitive. Having crew alive is a requirement or they cannot be borged. You absolutely can trick people into a n20 flooded room though.

Can't you put corpses through the borg machine?
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #654004

SkeletalElite wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:15 am
Drag wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:42 pm No. When you place down a borging machine you have the intent to capture people alive. A plasma flood is very much counter intuitive. Having crew alive is a requirement or they cannot be borged. You absolutely can trick people into a n20 flooded room though.

Can't you put corpses through the borg machine?
Nope. they have to be alive. Doesnt go through if its dead.
► Show Spoiler
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #654034

This is in the hands of the current term to tweak to perfection since my term never actually implemented it (we voted yes, but I was too perfectionist and delayed despite that since I didn't like the mass sabotage part's wording), viewtopic.php?f=33&t=31528 would potentially solve this.

One of the propositions I had was unrestricting malf AI. Melbert supported this with the caveat the Malf AI was turned into midround only. It's of course up to the current term how they'd approach it, but it would eliminate this problem by just making malf actually dangerous.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #654036

Personally I think malf AI should be completely unrestrained
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #654045

Let malf AI say fuck
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Jackraxxus
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Jackraxxus

Post by Jackraxxus » #655192

EmpressMaia wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:50 pm Personally I think malf AI should be completely unrestrained
iamgoofball wrote:Vekter and MrMelbert are more likely to enforce the roleplay rules Manuel is supposed to be abiding by than Wesoda or Jackraxxus are.
CMDR_Gungnir
Byond Username: CMDR Gungnir

Post by CMDR_Gungnir » #655198

Jackraxxus wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:36 am
EmpressMaia wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:50 pm Personally I think malf AI should be completely unrestrained
spookuni
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Spookuni

Post by spookuni » #657306

Given the potential for both cool stories stemming from malfunctioning AIs, and their extreme capacity for destruction, we've decided to test implementation of Melbert and Timber's old proposal to shift Malfunctioning AIs away from being a roundstart/midround restricted antagonist. Going forward (after the implementation of the dynamic config changes to enable this), Malfunctioning AIs will be fully unrestricted antagonists on MRP, but will set to only occur as a midround dynamic ruleset
Spook: Concur
Rave: Agree
San: Agree