Non-consensual Xenobio slimes, antag or not?

Mice World
Byond Username: Mice World

Non-consensual Xenobio slimes, antag or not?

Post by Mice World » #655346

I was looking for the policy on non-consensual xenobio slimes but all I could find was this.
"ONLY Pyroclastic anomaly slimes are guaranteed antagonists. If you become a slime via xenobiology, if you weren't an antagonist before, then you aren't an antagonist now. Same for consensual polymorphing. If a wizard shoots a bolt of change at you nonconsensually however, then you do happen to become an antagonist. Rules are hard."
https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Sentient_Slime#Preface

I assume it would be identical to the wand of change, as the mention of xenobio here seems to be about turning yourself into a slime.
It keeps getting worse!?
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Re: Non-consensual Xenobio slimes, antag or not?

Post by Pandarsenic » #655358

At least as currently written, you do not change antagonistic status through xenobiology, full stop. You become antagslime if and only if you already were.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Indie-ana Jones
Byond Username: Indie-ana Jones

Post by Indie-ana Jones » #655361

If you didn't consent, you're an antag is how I see it played. So if you get slime mutation serum'd nonconsentually, pretty sure you become an antag at that point.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #655365

Honestly I think non consenting slime mutation toxin slimes should become antags

There's no way to reverse it, little to do with it (other then eat monkeys and chat) and 99% chance of permadeath if you die (unless a miner intervenes with one of their simple mob revivers)

Honestly it's the cruelest thing an antag xenobiologist can do to another player if not one of the cruelest methods of round removal. They should at least be able to have fun with it.

Edit: I feel like we might of had this thread already, because I remember typing this out before
► Show Spoiler
Mice World
Byond Username: Mice World

Post by Mice World » #655389

Pandarsenic wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:11 am At least as currently written, you do not change antagonistic status through xenobiology, full stop. You become antagslime if and only if you already were.
Interesting, is there any reason that it's like this for xenobio but not wizard? Because in my eyes they're the exact same thing.
Shadowflame909 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:17 am I feel like we might of had this thread already, because I remember typing this out before
I did a rough look through all the threads using the keywords "slime, antagonist and mutation toxin" I didn't see any threads for this topic.
Also nothing here: https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Headmin_Rulings
It keeps getting worse!?
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #655393

I always thought the policy in general for being forcibly turned into dangerous / kill on sight mobs is that you can get as violent as you like since every single member of the crew will probbably try and unrevivably kill you
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #655406

Polymorph rules as slimes are by default hostile, so the only thing to check for was did you want it (for free antag)
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #655436

Mice World wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:55 pm
Pandarsenic wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:11 am At least as currently written, you do not change antagonistic status through xenobiology, full stop. You become antagslime if and only if you already were.
Interesting, is there any reason that it's like this for xenobio but not wizard? Because in my eyes they're the exact same thing.
Honestly, probably just a semantic oversight. If someone gets ambushed with a slime-mut toxins and goes full RULES OF NATURE on the station, I have difficulty imagining them being punished, since it's not like you have any way to reenter the normal flow of the round.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #655501

My policy, which is presumably the one other people use loosely, has been you can larp as a baddie if the role is innately hostile AND you didnt ask for it.

This means you cannot be an antag chicken if you get staff'd or an antag cyborg (excluding syndi modules and law shenanigans) BUT things like alien and slime and blob zombie are free to cause havoc because thats what an alien/slime/blob zombie would do.

A better way of saying this is probably "you can act like the role you were changed into, but if you purposefully switched for the free antag you can eat a ban".
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
spookuni
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Spookuni

Post by spookuni » #657307

Any time a player is non-consensually polymorphed or mutated into an inherently aggressive or antagonistic form, they can act as an antagonist of the type they were polymorphed into, this applies to the forced mutation methods available to xenobiology. As always, voluntarily mutating oneself or allowing oneself to be mutated by another does not impart antagonistic status, and will result in bans being applied if players attempt to bypass or obscure their voluntary conversion status to act as antagonists.

Spook: Agree With Above
Rave: Agree With Above
San: Agree With Above