Blatant EORG Preparation

Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Blatant EORG Preparation

Post by Cheshify » #656810

Bottom post of the previous page:

This mostly applies to MRP since there's a greater emphasis on playing a reasonable character, and I'm unsure if it's seen as an issue on LRP.

So, what is this about exactly? Well, I'm not here to go out of the way to kill botanists who grab a few deathnettles or a security officer swapping their disabler for an egun. What I'm after is people dragging cannisters full of superheated plasma, a maxcap, hellfoam grenades, or any other non-antagonist accessible EORG tools onto the shuttle.

Well, the reason I want this disallowed as a proper ruling is because this kind of behavior is already against the rules.

2. Do not use information gained outside of in-character means.
The fact that EORG exists is out-of-character information, and a character just deciding to bring a maxcap hooked up to a health sensor to Central Command, or a full tank of deadly gas into the emergency shuttle is painfully OOC. There's never any reason for it beyond "I want to blow things up at EORG" which is against rule 2.

On MRP, there's also the below rules that could also apply here.
8. Don’t use OOC information or knowledge that your character would not reasonably be aware of just to give yourself an advantage.
and
9. Play as a coherent, believable character.

Any thoughts on this? Should we kill the especially blatant EORG prep? Is it too fun to see things explode?
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Re: Blatant EORG Preparation

Post by Pandarsenic » #657165

We have that button and I want to use it more often but people rarely invite it
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #657181

Yeah so my take is: EORG is not breaking rule 2, what is breaking rule 2 is purposefully preparing weapons of mass destruction for EORG during the round.

I've seen a lot of really good opinions here though.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #657245

I don't really understand this point.

Like, most of the people in favour don't really have a "pro" banning preparing for roundend other than "If you squint real hard at this rule that we all know is intended to prevent a different thing, technically it can be considered rulebreaking to do XYZ".

Since when is that how we decide policy and enforcement? That's the kind of rules lawyering you expect to see coming up from a ban appeal, not down from adminbus. If we feel that an activity is excessively negatively impacting the experience of the players, it should be banned purely on that merit, not on a technicality introduced by the fact we word our rules fairly loosely for the comprehension benefit of players and admins
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #657270

Cheshify wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:32 pm Yeah so my take is: EORG is not breaking rule 2, what is breaking rule 2 is purposefully preparing weapons of mass destruction for EORG during the round.

I've seen a lot of really good opinions here though.
I can tell you that this will be an actual nightmare to actually put in action.
Just ban people for OOC in ICing "IT'S FOR EORG" or bombing the shuttle when their EORG gear explodes before roundend.
Do we actually have players REPEATEDLY doing this?
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #657330

That's fair, I guess this is somewhat already covered under (Roleplay Rules) and (Rule 2 if it's egregious)
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #657380

A problem nobody has really acknowledged is that they may have been behaving normally like a helpful chemist/scientist/botanist and just happened to have EORG gear.
EORG is also the perfect time to test our your equipment without fear of being banned if you aren't an antag (in LRP)
Imitates-The-Lizards
Byond Username: Typhnox

Post by Imitates-The-Lizards » #657402

Archie700 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:22 am A problem nobody has really acknowledged is that they may have been behaving normally like a helpful chemist/scientist/botanist and just happened to have EORG gear.
EORG is also the perfect time to test our your equipment without fear of being banned if you aren't an antag (in LRP)
You can test this stuff in the shift easily though, yeah? Just build a reinforced testing chamber.
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master

Post by Cheshify » #657403

There's naturally having some job gear on you, then there's bringing a TTV / Canister full of superheated plasma / trash cannon into the shuttle with you. Context will always apply, but there's very rarely a reason to be bringing hard-to-manipulate, bulky items that can serve no other purpose than causing large scale damage to the shuttle.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #657617

You can't prove intent no matter how hard you try
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #686559

We see no issue in people preparing or participating in EROG, however. If you're going to do EORG you should take some effort to conceal or protect your devices. There shouldn't be a circumstance where you're just walking forward and have a max cap dragging behind you onto the shuttle.

Kieth4: Agree with above
Misdoubtful: Agree with above
Timberpoes: Agree with above