Add "Validhunt" to the IC word filter.

NamelessFairy
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: NamelessFairy

Add "Validhunt" to the IC word filter.

Post by NamelessFairy » #657314

I must have forgotten to add this when the filter was expanded, I can't think of any legitimate IC use cases for the term. Additionally, validhunting, validhunter, validhunters and validhunted are already filtered. Might as well add validhunts onto the filter as well.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: Add "Validhunt" to the IC word filter.

Post by Vekter » #657333

Yeah, go for it.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #657726

Is there some pressing reason you can't handle this by banning people and waiting to see if the use dies down before reaching for teh filter?
toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #657727

oranges wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:39 am Is there some pressing reason you can't handle this by banning people and waiting to see if the use dies down before reaching for teh filter?
yeah, dont admins get notified when people use phrases like this?
bastardblaster
Byond Username: BastardBlaster

Post by bastardblaster » #657729

toemas wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:47 am
oranges wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:39 am Is there some pressing reason you can't handle this by banning people and waiting to see if the use dies down before reaching for teh filter?
yeah, dont admins get notified when people use phrases like this?
validhunt isn't on the notification list

Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #657731

If we just autobanned players when they say something so clearly and obviously rulebreaking for like 3 hours the quality of the server would go up
bastardblaster
Byond Username: BastardBlaster

Post by bastardblaster » #657733

Armhulen wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:19 am If we just autobanned players when they say something so clearly and obviously rulebreaking for like 3 hours the quality of the server would go up
we need literal banbots

toemas
Byond Username: Realthoman_

Post by toemas » #657740

Armhulen wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:19 am If we just autobanned players when they say something so clearly and obviously rulebreaking for like 3 hours the quality of the server would go up
this exactly
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #657797

Is there some pressing reason you're allergic to any solution that doesn't require us to have an admin online and actively reading logs 24/7?
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #657806

Vekter wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:59 pm
Is there some pressing reason you're allergic to any solution that doesn't require us to have an admin online and actively reading logs 24/7?
He doesn't like the extra cost of running saycode through a bunch of regex
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #657824

Every entry into the filter costs processing time, so yes, there is very much a pressing reason.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #657830

oranges wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:24 pm
Every entry into the filter costs processing time, so yes, there is very much a pressing reason.
Can you ballpark how much each additional word costs, or at least the total overhead?
Spoiler:

oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #657831

why don't you ballpark how much validhunt is used on each server as a percentage of the total word usage so we can see what you want to waste that cpu time on first instead of making me do all your homework for you.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #657842

oranges wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:27 pm why don't you ballpark how much validhunt is used on each server as a percentage of the total word usage so we can see what you want to waste that cpu time on first instead of making me do all your homework for you.
Let me figure out how and I'll get back to you.
Spoiler:

oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #657845

note if you contact mothblocks or bobbah they can likely assist you as scrubby has the db logs of say messages.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #657940

According to our favorite bee-themed superhero, after correcting to remove instances of people using it in deadchat or Poly saying it, it was said 215 times IC in November. I think that's a valid amount for us to look at filtering it.

Here's the raw data. Also broken down by server, unsurprisingly Terry does it the most.
Spoiler:

Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #657968

7 times per day, disgusting
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #658020

Vekter wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:42 pm According to our favorite bee-themed superhero, after correcting to remove instances of people using it in deadchat or Poly saying it, it was said 215 times IC in November. I think that's a valid amount for us to look at filtering it.

Here's the raw data. Also broken down by server, unsurprisingly Terry does it the most.
Over how many rounds? Also what is it as a % of the total wordcount, those numbers seem very fucking low. It seems to be less than once per round too (?) You kind of didn't follow that instructions that oranges laid down for you.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #658022

kieth4 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:16 pm
Vekter wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:42 pm According to our favorite bee-themed superhero, after correcting to remove instances of people using it in deadchat or Poly saying it, it was said 215 times IC in November. I think that's a valid amount for us to look at filtering it.

Over how many rounds? Also what is it as a % of the total wordcount, those numbers seem very fucking low. It seems to be less than once per round too (?) You kind of didn't follow that instructions that oranges laid down for you.
Any circumstance of a specific word being said compared to all words said in a month is going to be very low just by nature of how much talking is done in SS13. It's not valuable information, all things considered. We would need to see how it averaged compared to other words for it to be relevant.

Also, you said it at least once.
Spoiler:

kieth4
In-Game Head Admin

Post by kieth4 » #658028

Vekter wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:24 pm
kieth4 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:16 pm

Any circumstance of a specific word being said compared to all words said in a month is going to be very low just by nature of how much talking is done in SS13. It's not valuable information, all things considered. We would need to see how it averaged compared to other words for it to be relevant.

Also, you said it at least once.
I've probably said it more than once.

If the word is said once or twice a day why do we care? If it's so infrequent why does it need to be on the word filter?
I understand high frequency disruptive words like amongus but something like this which is barely said who cares.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #658078

It at least meets the threshold for if the headadmins think it's necessary to filter.
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin

Post by kieth4 » #658080

Alright, let me do some basic maths on how disruptive this is. (Terry stats) Let's say roughly there are 15 rounds a day. Half will have very low pop so let's say 7 rounds a day where there is a good amount of people. Last month there were 30 days. So roughly 230 rounds last month. It was said 105 times. If there is an actual performance cost I don't think it's worth to put it on!
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #658085

If this is added then, powergaming, metagaming, metafriending, metagrudging, metacomms, minmaxing, etc. should be added too.

sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #658118

Yeah just add all the words people aren’t allowed to say. Why would you keep the words sayable if it’s just gonna notify admins to bwoink people for saying it?

I could maybe see keeping certain words on a notification list that might have a valid use otherwise, but it feels kind of sneaky to handle it like this instead of just outright disallowing them. Tryna fulfill a ban quota or something?
Spoiler:
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #658122

Most of those words don't get said as much IC is my suspicion, but every traitor who fucks up seems to accuse Security of validhunting IC.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
spookuni
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Spookuni

Post by spookuni » #668038

We're generally agreed to add "validhunt" to the hard IC filter. "valid hunt" will remain unfiltered - there are legitimate reasons (few as they may be) to declare a hunt valid IC, but the use of the phrase to refer to the hunting of antagonists is OOC in IC and will be actioned by admins.

Spook: As above
Rave: Agree
Hugs: Agree