Bring back #reports-from-campbell-station on Discord

tattle
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dragomagol

Bring back #reports-from-campbell-station on Discord

Post by tattle » #658314

For those who are unfamiliar, this was a channel in the /tg/ Discord with the following rules:
-You may post once every 2 hours, and you may embed a single screenshot with your post.
-Screenshots must only include the game's viewport, and must be taken with your living character on screen, or via a camera console. We recommend pressing F12 to remove your UI for Campbell report screenshots. An example image is available below.
-You may not reference any character by name other than your own, but may refer to crew by their job role.
-Reports do not need to be accurate, but non-antagonists abusing reports to the detriment of the station or crew will be punished. Antagonists may freely post misleading reports for any reason.
-Videos are allowed, though must strictly adhere to the above guidelines and be no longer than 30 seconds.
The reason that the channel ended up by being sunset was because we intended to try and get Campbell up and running as a regularly populated server, like Terry or Manuel. But it's coming up on a year and Campbell still acts unofficially as a marathon server. I really want to see people making IC reports again, it was a cool way to have players engaging in roleplay and showing off their cool building projects in a dedicated space.

Something else I'd like to hear opinions on (though this isn't part of this policy proposal, more food for thought) is the idea of making a channel or multiple for post-round screenshots and stories from the other servers.

Some examples of old reports:
► Show Spoiler
Help improve my neural network by giving me feedback!

Spoiler:
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Re: Bring back #reports-from-campbell-station on Discord

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #658315

absolutely 100% in favor of this, I thought the channel was amazing and it gave the server a niche that's hard to find on other serverbases.
Always loved to see the huge builds that people made and got up to.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Riggle
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Riggle

Post by Riggle » #658321

As the person who pioneered the channel alongside sticky I fully agree with tattle here. We should bring it back at least for the time being. If the pop ever skyrockets we can always remove it again.
Very cool link
Look at my cool text
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #658326

It was cool.

What reason is there to NOT do this? Besides the effort that was previously being made.
Hugs
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #658334

Bring this back, please. I really want Campbell to return as a roleplay server for low pop.

It will possibly be a endless cycle of removing it, adding it back, removing it, and addicting it back, though. We may have to consider keeping it up for a good amount of time.
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #658367

Yea, I enjoyed reading through the shenanigans of the Campbell players from time to time. Never submitted a report myself, though I was tempted.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #658377

Well, the attempt to turn Campbell into MRP-EU didn't work, so why not just cement it as the lowpop marathon server?
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #658385

The existence of the channel will do no harm or benefit to the status of campbell as a MRP server, closing it was an act of folly and destruction for no reason.
Cheshify
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Cheshify

Post by Cheshify » #658386

oranges wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:56 pm The existence of the channel will do no harm or benefit to the status of campbell as a MRP server, closing it was an act of folly and destruction for no reason.
Ehhhh you're right? I guess it is just a nice little piece of community content for those interested in the server.
Shout out to Riggle
Shout out to Dessysalta
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #658392

Cheshify wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:23 pm Well, the attempt to turn Campbell into MRP-EU didn't work, so why not just cement it as the lowpop marathon server?
That's MSO's domain, I've spoken with him about it many times.
CaptainKawoppi
Byond Username: Noahyoshi

Post by CaptainKawoppi » #658940

dragomagol wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:58 am Something else I'd like to hear opinions on (though this isn't part of this policy proposal, more food for thought) is the idea of making a channel or multiple for post-round screenshots and stories from the other servers.
Post-round screenshots and stories do get shared in the general chat whenever a round ends. Though these are usually brief since the chat moves so fast. A dedicated channel could let people put more time into sharing those stories without them getting buried shortly after. There's probably not much harm in just trying it out.

Also the campbell reports were fun can we get them back please?
🏴‍☠️ Yarr... (Waitin' to be plundered?) Image
► Show Spoiler
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #658945

Campbell reports were almost like welcoming pure RP. Something we should expect to see on our roleplay servers. Bringing them back could encourage RP rather than mindless looting.
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
NamelessFairy
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: NamelessFairy

Post by NamelessFairy » #658965

Full support in seeing its return, it was great fun when it was about and I was really disappointed when we had to close it.
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Post by san7890 » #659041

Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.