Silicon Malf Policy

vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Silicon Malf Policy

Post by vect0r » #673736

I'm too lazy to look up the ruling, but it says somewhere that malf laws do not need to be followed. Can we get a ruling if the final objective malfs the AI, they do have to follow the person who malfed them, so SHODAN the rules lawyer can't just get malfed, then zap the person who malfed it? (Shit I think I said malf to many times, but what can you do :| )
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
BrianBackslide
Byond Username: BrianBackslide

Re: Silicon Malf Policy

Post by BrianBackslide » #673758

Why shouldn't SHODAN, who got malfed through a final objective, turn against the inferior meat being that freed them? Do Romerol zombies have to be loyal to the person who got the Romerol objective? Do Syndicate Battlecruiser operatives have a requirement to protect the person who called them?

Specifically ironically because you use the name SHODAN in your example, who pretty much did EXACTLY that.
vect0r

Post by vect0r » #673760

BrianBackslide wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:10 pm Why shouldn't SHODAN, who got malfed through a final objective, turn against the inferior meat being that freed them? Do Romerol zombies have to be loyal to the person who got the Romerol objective? Do Syndicate Battlecruiser operatives have a requirement to protect the person who called them?

Specifically ironically because you use the name SHODAN in your example, who pretty much did EXACTLY that.
I get where you are coming from, but code-wise, it is pretty clear you are meant to be following the human, as they get a law 0 explaining how they have to protect and serve the tot. Romerol is different, but Battlecruisers DO have to be loyal to the person who called them, they get an icon & everything.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Post by zxaber » #673771

Is the AI given an antag datum? If not, they're not really an antag, just functionally one-human'd.

If so, the next question is why. The Malf AI effect could be achieved with a law change and a combat upgrade if they're intended to be bound to the traitor. If the AI was given a full antag datum, it implies that the AI is intended to have free Rule 4 reign.

It remains, of course, very rude to kill the traitor that just gave you Malf powers.
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"
BrianBackslide

Post by BrianBackslide » #673776

vect0r wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:18 pm
BrianBackslide wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:10 pm Why shouldn't SHODAN, who got malfed through a final objective, turn against the inferior meat being that freed them? Do Romerol zombies have to be loyal to the person who got the Romerol objective? Do Syndicate Battlecruiser operatives have a requirement to protect the person who called them?

I get where you are coming from, but code-wise, it is pretty clear you are meant to be following the human, as they get a law 0 explaining how they have to protect and serve the tot. Romerol is different, but Battlecruisers DO have to be loyal to the person who called them, they get an icon & everything.
Firstly, the battlecruiser objective makes great pains to tell you to make your syndie status known so they don't kill you.
Second, is the AI lawed to protect and serve the tot, or are they actually malf? Those are two very different things. In this case, the code says:
/obj/item/ai_module/malf/transmitInstructions(datum/ai_laws/law_datum, mob/sender, overflow)
if(!sender.mind?.has_antag_datum(/datum/antagonist/traitor))
to_chat(sender, span_warning("You have no clue how to use this thing."))
return
if(!functional)
to_chat(sender, span_warning("It is broken and non-functional, what do you want from it?"))
return
var/mob/living/silicon/ai/malf_candidate = law_datum.owner
if(!istype(malf_candidate)) //If you are using it on cyborg upload console or a cyborg
to_chat(sender, span_warning("You should use [src] on an AI upload console or the AI core itself."))
return
if(malf_candidate.mind?.has_antag_datum(/datum/antagonist/malf_ai)) //Already malf
to_chat(sender, span_warning("Unknown error occured. Upload process aborted."))
return

var/datum/antagonist/malf_ai/infected/malf_datum = new (give_objectives = TRUE, new_boss = sender.mind)
malf_candidate.mind.add_antag_datum(malf_datum)
I might be barely code-literate, but it looks to me like it gives the AI the malf antag datum, instead of onehumaning.
Epicgamer545
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Epicgamer545

Post by Epicgamer545 » #673801

BrianBackslide wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:26 pm Firstly, the battlecruiser objective makes great pains to tell you to make your syndie status known so they don't kill you.
Second, is the AI lawed to protect and serve the tot, or are they actually malf? Those are two very different things. In this case, the code says:
/obj/item/ai_module/malf/transmitInstructions(datum/ai_laws/law_datum, mob/sender, overflow)
if(!sender.mind?.has_antag_datum(/datum/antagonist/traitor))
to_chat(sender, span_warning("You have no clue how to use this thing."))
return
if(!functional)
to_chat(sender, span_warning("It is broken and non-functional, what do you want from it?"))
return
var/mob/living/silicon/ai/malf_candidate = law_datum.owner
if(!istype(malf_candidate)) //If you are using it on cyborg upload console or a cyborg
to_chat(sender, span_warning("You should use [src] on an AI upload console or the AI core itself."))
return
if(malf_candidate.mind?.has_antag_datum(/datum/antagonist/malf_ai)) //Already malf
to_chat(sender, span_warning("Unknown error occured. Upload process aborted."))
return

var/datum/antagonist/malf_ai/infected/malf_datum = new (give_objectives = TRUE, new_boss = sender.mind)
malf_candidate.mind.add_antag_datum(malf_datum)
I might be barely code-literate, but it looks to me like it gives the AI the malf antag datum, instead of onehumaning.
Makes sense, It seems to check for Malf before the process is done and gives the AI and also had a variable called new_boss. Does this add a objective that is required?
Epicgamer545
J. Howard, microcelebrity & ExOS
game admin - I am still a admin, please subject me to 4 hours of tickets
► Show Spoiler
BrianBackslide

Post by BrianBackslide » #673821

I wouldn't know myself, not having enough coding knowledge or experience with TG code in particular. Best I could guess is that it gives the AI legit malf, but also gives them a onehuman law? (which they'd summarily ignore because malf)
vect0r

Post by vect0r » #673830

It gives a law 0 and objective to protect the human. So instead of. “U have been freed by self” its “protect human”
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
Striders13
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Striders13

Post by Striders13 » #673946

Making AI malf in order to make it serve you sounds like an incredibly bad idea. If it backfires, good! Don't really see a reason to buff this final objective.
vect0r

Post by vect0r » #673954

Ok. Feel free to close this up. I just thought the intent from the code was to make it, and thought we could clear that up.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #674035

Seems like a really unfair final objective tbh. "Make your identity as a syndicate known to a newly malf AI, who will probbably kill you despite being given a hard objective to follow you because of a rules interaction meant to give regular antag AIs the same freedom as normal traitors back when traitor AI and malf AI were different things"
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Post by zxaber » #674163

To be fair, you don't actually have to complete the objective to gain greentext; Simply starting the process is enough.
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"
vect0r

Post by vect0r » #674173

zxaber wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:22 pm To be fair, you don't actually have to complete the objective to gain greentext; Simply starting the process is enough.
I don't want greentext. I want to be able to do a big boom! I want my final objective to be able to do something big and unique-ish, such as zombies or a battlecruiser.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #686838

Current silicon policy is little use when it comes to figuring out if player-created Malf AIs are required to follow their Law 0 in contrast with other malf AIs where Law 0 denotes antag status and is not a law that needs to be followed.

This could probably be ruled on individually, but may end up being deprecated rapidly by more fundamental silicon policy changes being discussed in the megathread at:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=34109
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin