Should people be allowed to suicide at roundstart

Should you be allowed to suicide at roundstart fnr

Yes as an unimportant role
41%
Occasionally as an unimportant role but don't make it a habit
40%
No you should not be allowed to do this.
18%

Total votes: 164

Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: STP

Should people be allowed to suicide at roundstart

Post by Sometinyprick » #85716

Bottom post of the previous page:

Currently killing yourself at roundstart as an assistant or as an unimportant role is allowed.
If you have a reason to go of course this is fine and can be provided, this is strictly for no reason kill yourself and leave shit. (Leaving or disconnecting is effectively the same thing too here)
i play leo bonhart, feel free to grief me
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Re: Should people be allowed to suicide at roundstart

Post by peoplearestrange » #198384

IcePacks wrote:add a departures shuttle that lets unimportant (but unessential) spessmen "punch out"

recycle the job, non-standard gear into a lost-and-found, or better, categorized capsules

add fun lore like the ship flying into a blast furnace

then we can talk about banning suishits
That... that actually be a nice idea...
I might try that for a few rounds with admin trickery.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #198427

Lost & Found would be abused by greytiders stealing shit. People might not even bother with the shuttle in the first place. Most would rather gib themselves in a hallway. Even if they do it outside the HoP office they still never hand their IDs over to him, so i doubt they would care enough to visit a shuttle. It also does not fix the roundstart part where derps are taking the initial job slots.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #198509

Alex Crimson wrote:Lost & Found would be abused by greytiders stealing shit. People might not even bother with the shuttle in the first place. Most would rather gib themselves in a hallway. Even if they do it outside the HoP office they still never hand their IDs over to him, so i doubt they would care enough to visit a shuttle. It also does not fix the roundstart part where derps are taking the initial job slots.
Lost & Found would probably work best if it was in some sort of machine in the relevant head of department's office. It would give heads another task, make them more aware of current staffing, all that sort of thing.

People will still suicide anywhere though, so you'd either need to make the shuttles more attractive or just re-spec it as a machine you drop suicided bodies off at (probably by the morgue or whatever) and get rid of suicide gibbing.

I say machine because it makes both these concepts more simple, but whatever.
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #198565

IcePacks wrote:add a departures shuttle that lets unimportant (but unessential) spessmen "punch out"

recycle the job, non-standard gear into a lost-and-found, or better, categorized capsules

then we can talk about banning suishits
If only a certain ID console could already accomplish that without any weird "recycling" going on.
Atticat
Byond Username: Atticat

Post by Atticat » #200650

Problem is the "grief lottery" stage of player behavior typically doesn't come into effect until they've played 100+ hours and experienced most/all of the content. That's the thing. It's PLENTY fun to be non-antag until you get burnt out on the massive amount of content this game offers. My behavior was totally different in those first 200-300 hours of SS13. No game should be based around the idea of other people waiting for their "turn" to have fun.

Bae says, "IM starting to think Zeela is just an meme character that the admins have come up with to only piss everybody off"
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #200677

The lottery itself isnt the problem. Its that people are being incredibly selfish and suiciding without a second thought or care that they are taking up jobs slots and ruining the game for others. If they would limit their antag rolling to Assistant-only, then the issue would be fixed.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #201318

Technically assistant has limited slots now, i believe
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #201380

Dorsi, only Pseudo-limited, there are 2 exceptions.

No limit on roundstart Assistants.
After all other jobs are filled, the assistant job slot opens up again.
The limit is only for mid-round when there are still other jobs open. AND I FUCKING HATE IT.
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #202001

firecage wrote:Dorsi, only Pseudo-limited, there are 2 exceptions.

No limit on roundstart Assistants.
After all other jobs are filled, the assistant job slot opens up again.
The limit is only for mid-round when there are still other jobs open. AND I FUCKING HATE IT.
I thought latejoining there was a flat 5-per-sec-officer limit
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #324105

AnonymousNow wrote:This has been a problem for years, and is indicative of a severe problem the servers have - muh valids.

People cycle because they need another chance at muh valids. Suiciding at round start is part of that.
Thread necro because it's still a problem (to the point where I was going to make a thread for it) and getting worse. People who NEED to be an antagonist and will take up a job slot just to suicide if they're not are a pain in the arse.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #324158

Saying play another game is the type of secret club shit that ruins servers "Why should we have to become better? Just leave." will just encourage people not to try and improve ss13

If you spawn in, even if there was some super interesting shit to do, why would players put any effort in when theres a chance theyll just get murderboned as soon as they start to have fun. This coupled with the fact that shorter rounds is becoming the hot meme means you gamble 45 minutes of time trying to do something time consuming but fun on the chances you're still around to enjoy it at that time.

Heavy interest should be kept in preserving rule 4, however repeated mass murder at round start by antag rollers only serves to make other people sad for literally no reason except seeing them turn horizontal.

If a system was put in place so that RP or even just getting to round end was rewarded, like you get a 1% increased chance of antag if you play a round to completion that stacks until you get antag Im sure people would be much more inclined to play an NPC that gets mercd

IMHO the solution here is make it more fun to be nonantag while lowering the chances that any effort you put in gets snuffed out by the way the game is currently designed and rewarding people for playing the shit role with no features.

All just literally what Im thinking of on the spot so Im sure improvments could be made on these ideas
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

CandyClown
Byond Username: CandyClown

Post by CandyClown » #324199

If you're going to suicide at the roundstart at least have the decency to go the the HoP and turn in your ID. That way no random shitler can get it and the HoP can open up a job slot.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #324203

Just literally install a suicide booth that spits out the items at the HOP office machine using telegulag code (if not identical), then incinerates your body.

Spoiler:
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #324230

FantasticFwoosh wrote:Just literally install a suicide booth that spits out the items at the HOP office machine using telegulag code (if not identical), then incinerates your body.
because an easier to access incinerator that also teleports objects away is a good idea
Limey wrote:its too late.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #324233

Holy shit, yes.
Bring back papercult.

FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #324237

Qbopper wrote:
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Just literally install a suicide booth that spits out the items at the HOP office machine using telegulag code (if not identical), then incinerates your body.
because an easier to access incinerator that also teleports objects away is a good idea
Only works on active ckeys and sucide verbs for them with a consensual button press that alerts admins, all of the objects are delivered to HOP office in a nice tidy bundle that HOP access is required to interact with.

You're exaggerating it in such a way when we can codify ways to make it not possible to force people to use it. That and you still have the suicide verb for everything else.

Spoiler:
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #324244

FantasticFwoosh wrote:
Qbopper wrote:
Only works on active ckeys and sucide verbs for them with a consensual button press that alerts admins, all of the objects are delivered to HOP office in a nice tidy bundle that HOP access is required to interact with.

You're exaggerating it in such a way when we can codify ways to make it not possible to force people to use it. That and you still have the suicide verb for everything else.
that just seems unnecessary at that point

also isn't the problem that people suicide because they wanted antag? I don't think your idea helps to curb that
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #324590

Maybe this is the kind of problem that can be solved by chucking ideas at the wall to see what sticks.

The notion of a slight, cumulative improvement to next antag rate based on...

- Playing a round to its completion
- Without suiciding
- Without ghosting from a living mob
- Without being killed by self-inflicted injuries

... could work. Maybe. Perhaps.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #324594

AnonymousNow wrote:Maybe this is the kind of problem that can be solved by chucking ideas at the wall to see what sticks.

- Without suiciding

I've also pushed the idea of a reverse antag token: Once issued, the next time you get picked for an antag role, it goes to someone else and the game tells you why. Think of it as a one-time antag ban.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #324596

Atlanta-Ned wrote: I've also pushed the idea of a reverse antag token: Once issued, the next time you get picked for an antag role, it goes to someone else and the game tells you why. Think of it as a one-time antag ban.
Inb4 a mulligan count creates a traitorling cultist wizard with 60 tc by everyone's anti antag tokens springing on the same singular person.

Spoiler:
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #324597

AnonymousNow wrote:Maybe this is the kind of problem that can be solved by chucking ideas at the wall to see what sticks.

- Without suiciding

the second two might be difficult 'cause it's hard to detect in code whether injuries are self-inflicted beyond really obvious things like toolboxing yourself in the face. Otherwise, jumping out an airlock is indistinguishable to being pushed out.
And the no-ghosting thing kinda sucks for people who have been given the casket of amontillado treatment by security.
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #324603

Screemonster wrote:

- Without suiciding

the second two might be difficult 'cause it's hard to detect in code whether injuries are self-inflicted beyond really obvious things like toolboxing yourself in the face. Otherwise, jumping out an airlock is indistinguishable to being pushed out.
And the no-ghosting thing kinda sucks for people who have been given the casket of amontillado treatment by security.
We could restrict it to escaping with the shuttle. Sure, it does increase the salt caused by murderboners, but A: it gives an incentive to be wary of them, instead of validhunting, and B: it might be the thing that finally makes pointless murderboning unacceptable in the rules.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #324607

Fuck off with that Yog shit.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #324612

Atlanta-Ned wrote:
I've also pushed the idea of a reverse antag token: Once issued, the next time you get picked for an antag role, it goes to someone else and the game tells you why. Think of it as a one-time antag ban.
Can we turn all antag bans into this? Like, for the duration it will still role them, tell them they rolled a mystery antag, but it was given to someone else. It'd be hilarious.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #324655

XDTM wrote:
Screemonster wrote:

- Without suiciding

We could restrict it to escaping with the shuttle. Sure, it does increase the salt caused by murderboners, but A: it gives an incentive to be wary of them, instead of validhunting, and B: it might be the thing that finally makes pointless murderboning unacceptable in the rules.
One of the big things about rule 10 is that rule 10 is kinda under the assumption everything will be alright next round. It wouldn't really be ok to just say "well you lose sorry!" when it negatively impacts future rounds.

Not to mention this is really an incentive to murderbone because killing others but living means you've just boosted your chances of antag next round while also bringing everyone else's chances down.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
CandyClown

Post by CandyClown » #324691

Unless getting antag temporarily lowers/disables your chances of getting antag again the next few rounds.
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #324695

CandyClown wrote:Unless getting antag temporarily lowers/disables your chances of getting antag again the next few rounds.
But that would lead people to meta "we can probably trust X, he was the traitor last shift"
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #325938

Penalising people for not playing the game when they don't want to play?
seems a totally good idea.
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #325960

Reece wrote:Penalising people for not playing the game when they don't want to play?
People would just log out anyways since suicide is now a ban trap or whatever.
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #325970

obligatory "the solution is to make people not want to suicide at roundstart rather than finding ways to punish it" reply
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #325971

Reece wrote:Penalising people for not playing the game when they don't want to play?
Then don't click ready????
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #325982

D&B wrote:
And do what, not roll for your antag position?
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #325995

D&B wrote:
Ah yes, the fantastic tactic of 'don't play unless you commit to playing a role you don't actually want and won't enjoy or risk fucking the roles you do want' when the problem is 'players don't really want to play certain roles'

How about just accept that this isn't really an issue and that certain people play the game for different reasons? Is it that hard to take a step back and go 'well actually even though I don't mind playing role 'X' a percentage of the player base are here to kill people, for which there is a roll and they will take little to no enjoyment from being railroaded into having to play a dozen other roles they have already played to death?

Why not just open the thunderdome from roundstart and have an option to play TDM if you don't get antag? Does it harm you? Does it cause danger to the station round that already exists? Is the best option really to go 'well you exclusively like eating potato, but because I don't like that you exclusively like eating potato imma make you eat hardtack three of four meals before you get to eat potato, and if you don't like it then don't eat anything, or imma ban you from food'?

I feel at this point the discussion isn't actually about the negative effects of roundstart suicide, which there are few; but rather because you just disapprove of the behaviour, like some sort of weird 2-D slut shaming.
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #325998

Reece wrote:
D&B wrote:
Ah yes, the fantastic tactic of 'don't play unless you commit to playing a role you don't actually want and won't enjoy or risk fucking the roles you do want' when the problem is 'players don't really want to play certain roles'

How about just accept that this isn't really an issue and that certain people play the game for different reasons? Is it that hard to take a step back and go 'well actually even though I don't mind playing role 'X' a percentage of the player base are here to kill people, for which there is a roll and they will take little to no enjoyment from being railroaded into having to play a dozen other roles they have already played to death?

Why not just open the thunderdome from roundstart and have an option to play TDM if you don't get antag? Does it harm you? Does it cause danger to the station round that already exists? Is the best option really to go 'well you exclusively like eating potato, but because I don't like that you exclusively like eating potato imma make you eat hardtack three of four meals before you get to eat potato, and if you don't like it then don't eat anything, or imma ban you from food'?

I feel at this point the discussion isn't actually about the negative effects of roundstart suicide, which there are few; but rather because you just disapprove of the behaviour, like some sort of weird 2-D slut shaming.
They're not saying play the whole round through, theyre saying dont fucking suicide as soon as you spawn.

Letting people just play the game to kill people fundamentally shakes what the game is designed around, as well as this entire situation messes with using player count to affect game modes. Cerestation can only happen at certain pops, but if half the crew suicides because they didn't get antag its now not supposed to be in the rotation.

Antagonists cant antagonize without people to be antagonized, if everyone is an antag then there's no one to actually fight except other antags which is boring and if you want that play colonial marines because that's what it is pretty much

IT 100% is about the negative effects of roundstart suicide, things like taking the roles from players who play the game fully, and inflating population count artificially. While people ALSO disapprove of this playstyle that does not discredit the negatives it entails.
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

CandyClown

Post by CandyClown » #326000

Reece wrote:
D&B wrote:
Reece wrote:-snip-
-snip-

The problem with that is you're taking away a job that someone else could enjoy. Take genetics or virology for example. If you are rolling for antag but don't get it, and then kill yourself, you're wasting someone's job that they could do. Especially in a role that has a small number of players doing it. Suiciding at roundstart and not even turning in an ID is shit because then no one else can do your job, unless the HoP opens up a slot, or you have multiple people doing the same role. While it isn't a problem for jobs like security, science, or engineering, but for smaller roles that have a limited number of players like genetics, chemistry, or virology, where only one or two people can play, it takes away the opportunity to do those jobs.

I don't think forcing people to play when they don't want to is the right solution, but letting them remove a job from the game at roundstart isn't a great idea either. Make people turn in their IDs at the HoP line and let the HoP open up a job slot. Or there was a suggestion of a suicide box that takes your items and ID and spits it out to the HoP. Either way, let someone else do the job you don't want to do.
JStheguy
Byond Username: JStheguy

Post by JStheguy » #326014

Reece wrote:
D&B wrote:
The don't set roles you hate as acceptable in your job preferences????
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #326017

If only there was a way to either be assistant or go back to lobby if you didn't get your preferred job
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #326214

but dont you guys see?

They want to roll for job slots with access to all the murder tools just in case they're antags so they can use them to super murder the whole crew, but dont want to actually play those roles for anything other than killing everyone like morons
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #326217

Just set role to "antag priority high" and "disconnect and perma self-ban if role is not available" please.
On other servers like /vg/ they pick antag immune ghost roles (vox traders etc) at roundstart if you're not actually interested in playing, so you have something else to do but can interact with the round with absolutely no player rights.

I don't think having ghost role roundstart candidacies would be a bad thing since it would encourage people to ready up and also broaden the list of antags to pool from rather than the people who latejoin especially to steal a job because they fucking hate RNG/meta or observe purely for ghost roles.

Set "Ashwalker", mining golem etc to high, allocates you to a ghost spawner (when availible) and sets all other station jobs to "none".
Seperate issue is that we should disable or severely limit the "give random job" setting to literally just service because lack of trained people working on the engine due to inexperienced people being enlisted for it via random roll contributes to so many engineering failures.

Spoiler:
Screemonster

Post by Screemonster » #326240

"be ghost role if preferences unavailable" would be pretty fuckin' sweet actually.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #326241

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:If only there was a way to either be assistant or go back to lobby if you didn't get your preferred job antag
That would be even better
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #326272

when you exhaust all the job content and run out of dumb gimmicks to pull so the antag dynamic becomes the only fun thing about the game but ofc validhunting makes people weep and moan so you just keep playing that roulette for traitor every round but then that becomes bannable too
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #326292

Then don't play for a bit then come back when that stuff is fun for you again so we don't have to more/less force it with an antag ban.

The game not being fun for you after you've nolifed it for literal years is not the admins fault. Stopping you from taking job slots or just playing when you can mess with other people who aren't as burned out is.
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #326306

How about just don't play
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #326339

captain sawrge wrote:when you exhaust all the job content and run out of dumb gimmicks to pull so the antag dynamic becomes the only fun thing about the game but ofc validhunting makes people weep and moan so you just keep playing that roulette for traitor every round but then that becomes bannable too
what cobby said

there's a lot you can do in this game, why should other people suffer because the guy who rolls for antag scientist every day doesn't want to try playing a different role for once

you have a point but cmon, this isn't even about validhunting - we punish people for suiciding/ghosting as heads, it's a similar idea (though obviously less important)