Admins messing with "ERPers".

Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Admins messing with "ERPers".

Post by Bluespace » #116215

Bottom post of the previous page:

oh look bluespace making a post about buttons haha irony turning in it's grave.

So ERP was unbanned. I liked this, because ERP was often hilarious both for it's theme of awkward text sex and the admin fuckery that ensued.
However, as of late, the admin intervention is such cases has been pre-emptive, overboard, and apparently malicious.
Let's take an example.
I'm sure most of you know there's a group of lizards that like to mix things up, cause a little drama, and have a little fun. They often faux-ERP for the reaction of deadchat. It's pretty funny and people will quote them in deadchat for top keks.
As of late, admins have literally been blowing them up (removing them permanently) from the round for stuff as simple as flirting. Sounds silly? Of course it is. Two lizards flirting is laughable. Right up until they get sealed in a locked room and blown up.

Let's stop blowing up ERPers, and start putting more shame corgis in.
And I mean ERPers. Flirting is not "admin intervention time".
I play Boris Pepper.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Re: Admins messing with "ERPers".

Post by iamgoofball » #116353

i told you dipshits this would happen

you could of prevented it
Montyblancs
Byond Username: Montyblancs

Post by Montyblancs » #116359

All this is going to do is just end up with people edging all the way up to ERP, but not actually doing it.

I've watched admin interventions to ERP sessions, and it's always hilarious. This is mostly due to the fact that having to listen to '*snuggles u* ^w^ so kahwaii' in deadchat is probably one of the most grating things on the planet, and more than likely an admin is the only one that can stop it since the offenders usually hole themselves up in some dark corner. If the people getting blown up for this are complaining about it, just go back to banning ERP.

Terrible idea to mix ERP with snowflake races anyway. Absolutely disgusting.
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #116360

Just re-ban it. Surprise! All the same problems we had when it wasn't banned are occuring! Who would have thought?

That and make ERPers immediately valid for crew and admin alike. Too often have I seen a group of 4-6 lizards, maybe 1 human fucking around in the library/dorms in one grandiose orgy while several hold integral positions to the roundtype, but do not respond to the call when queried (Chaplain in cult is the biggest offender I think). Then there are heads that literally just fuck all round while the station burns down around them.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #116368

This is yet another reason we need more admin presence on server 2, it gets pretty bad
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #116369

Wyzack wrote:This is yet another reason we need more admin presence on server 2, it gets pretty bad
Noted
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #116373

How has this not been posted yet?

Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #116376

Man, a buddy of mine told me the legend of skeleflogging but I can't find the logs any more.

Something about making ghosts visible around a pair of ERPers, resprited to mini-narsies, then spawning some of them in as invincible skeletons armed with 0-damage whips to start flogging them mercilessly.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #116386

The lizards were naked and salts was trying to convince them to fuck or talking about fucking them or whatever.

I don't really care. That behaviour is just as cringy. It's very clear what not to do. If you want to roleplay do it at the bar or something. Don't shut yourself off in a locked down dorm or maint room. Clearly you guys know this shit is too gross and cringe-inducing to do it in public, so if you want to legitimately internet fuck and date each other this is still the wrong place to do it.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #116392

Stickymayhem wrote:The lizards were naked and salts was trying to convince them to fuck or talking about fucking them or whatever.
Get logs, otherwise you're pulling this out of your ass, because I can't recall this.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #116396

Nobody is forcing you to ERP.
You know the risks when you ERP.
For everybody else in this thread, ERP is essentially still not a thing (except on basil) and occasionally you'll find a hostile situation or a hole in the station with two naked corpses in it.
Some admins are less creative than others.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #116397

Saeg, bluespace deserved what he got. I accept what I get when I ERP. It's been extending beyond ERP to people who use help intent.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #116399

DrPillzRedux wrote:Saeg, bluespace deserved what he got. I accept what I get when I ERP. It's been extending beyond ERP to people who use help intent.
Please provide logs of hugging someone and then getting blasted by an admin.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #116400

Tornadium wrote:Can we just go back to having this shit straight up banned?

It's causing the same fucking problems again, it should never have been lifted.

Either that or give Security the ability to deal with these fuckers not doing their jobs and fucking off to remote areas of the station to do whatever weird shit they feel like doing.
Dereliction.PNG
Dereliction of Duty
To willfully abandon an obligation that is critical to the station's continued operation.
A demotion is often included in the sentence. Emphasis on the word critical: An officer taking a break is not dereliction in of itself. An officer taking a break knowing that operatives are shooting up the Captain is. Engineers who do not secure a power source at the start of the shift and heads of staff who abandon the station can also be charged.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #116406

Scones wrote:
Scott wrote:Can cyborgs ignore their laws if ERPs involved?
No
Why not?
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #116409

Scott wrote:
Scones wrote:
No
Why not?
Because you cannot ignore your laws.

Antags are valid too, but you still cannot harm him if he's a human.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #116412

Why aren't ERPers losing their human rights?
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #116414

Saegrimr wrote:
Scott wrote:
Scones wrote:
No
Why not?
Because you cannot ignore your laws.

Antags are valid too, but you still cannot harm him if he's a human.
So non antags can ignore server rules and fuck with ERPers, but silicons can't because you don't feel like it. I wasn't aware these high standards were enforced, when everybody and their mother complains about secborgs ignoring their laws to validhunt.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #116418

I don't get what's unclear about that. Saegrimr put it very plainly.

Antags are valid. However a silicon cannot forgo it's law to get an antag kill.

These people are valid. The same rule applies.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #116420

Scott wrote:So non antags can ignore server rules and fuck with ERPers, but silicons can't because you don't feel like it. I wasn't aware these high standards were enforced, when everybody and their mother complains about secborgs ignoring their laws to validhunt.
I think its time to go cool off on another game for a while.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #116422

The reason I'm confused is because there's a few situations where people become non-human(such as WGW reading). Why shouldn't this apply to ERPers too?
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #116424

Because it doesn't.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #116433

Saegrimr wrote:Because it doesn't.
Can you provide a reason for it to not apply?
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #116435

Yes, one is spamming the entire crews' headsets and the other is grossing out deadchat.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #116441

I need to sleep with Nyxie Day before ERP is banned again.
I play Boris Pepper.
Amnestik
Byond Username: Amnestik

Post by Amnestik » #116443

This entire thing is stupid

What is wrong with your brains
Scones

Post by Scones » #116445

Bluespace wrote:I need to sleep with Nyxie Day before ERP is banned again.
>someone with a ponyfucker ckey

bluespace i respected you enough cmon don't do this
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #116453

Actually for people who erp a lot, I'm just going to mute then once I see it. I'm not killing or gibbing them or anything, just making it so deadchat doesn't have to put up with it.
Kelenius
Byond Username: Kelenius

Post by Kelenius » #116468

Literally what's the point of allowing ERP when people who want to ERP can't actually ERP.

Do or do not. Don't stop in the middle.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #116472

I'm assuming the reason ERP was unbanned was to allow admins to fuck around with ERPers.

The point of contention here is when does 'roleplay' end and 'erp' start.
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #116477

I think it's safe to say it's crossed the line when you lock yourself in a room with a bed and start undressing.

Hell use a little bit of fucking brain power and make a judgement call. It's pretty clear to most people where a certain situation is heading.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #116480

If you want to go have pretend sex with guys pretending to be girls without the risk of getting blown up or surrounded by vicious rape clowns go play second life. That's the way I see it.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #116481

Muting erpers from the "me" emote is a nice way to nip flirting in a bud without spawning butthurt forum threads because they didn't emote anything about double dongers yet
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #116488

Or you know just ban it again.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #116506

Two things:

1. The "lizard metagangs" people are talking about are a Sibyl, not Basil thing, I know we like the "omg basil the erp server" meme but it simply is not accurate anymore, and

2. The OP, unsurprisingly, is understating matters a bit to make its case look better. We have public logs now, so anyone is welcome to go in for themselves and see the extent of this "flirting," which generally looks like:

[01:49:28]EMOTE: Salts-The-Wound/Daman997 : <B>Salts-The-Wound</B> plops his dongs on Jayces face

[03:23:59]EMOTE: Salts-The-Wound/Daman997 : <B>Salts-The-Wound</B> leans his head down near Pets crotch

[07:14:38]EMOTE: Jayce Olphert/Phoal : <B>Jayce Olphert</B> moans, lifting his head up, biting his lip. He reaches underneath the sheet, trying to lift his skirt up to reveal his butt to Salts' carp-suit covered groin. (three guesses what this led to)

Whether this constitutes "harmless flirting" is up to the reader. There was very little cherry picking here, I literally just searched emotes for the last day of logs until I got fucking disgusted and stop.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #116508

bandit wrote:Two things:

1. The "lizard metagangs" people are talking about are a Sibyl, not Basil thing, I know we like the "omg basil the erp server" meme but it simply is not accurate anymore, and

2. The OP, unsurprisingly, is understating matters a bit to make its case look better. We have public logs now, so anyone is welcome to go in for themselves and see the extent of this "flirting," which generally looks like:

[01:49:28]EMOTE: Salts-The-Wound/Daman997 : <B>Salts-The-Wound</B> plops his dongs on Jayces face

[03:23:59]EMOTE: Salts-The-Wound/Daman997 : <B>Salts-The-Wound</B> leans his head down near Pets crotch

[07:14:38]EMOTE: Jayce Olphert/Phoal : <B>Jayce Olphert</B> moans, lifting his head up, biting his lip. He reaches underneath the sheet, trying to lift his skirt up to reveal his butt to Salts' carp-suit covered groin. (three guesses what this led to)

Whether this constitutes "harmless flirting" is up to the reader. There was very little cherry picking here, I literally just searched emotes for the last day of logs until I got fucking disgusted and stop.
God this shit is pathetic.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #116513

>plops his dong

Oh jesus
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #116531

Nothing else gets a girl going like plopping your dong on her face.

Can we just lock this thread now?
J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Post by J_Madison » #116533

And here I thought Bluespace was going to be a good little goy and play quietly after his ban.

Boy was I wrong.

ERPers should be admin valid.
deputi
Byond Username: Deputi

Post by deputi » #116540

Let me show you what lizards and ERP have contributed to this server and you can tell me whether they deserve to be messed with.
J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Post by J_Madison » #116544

deputi wrote:Let me show you what lizards and ERP have contributed to this server and you can tell me whether they deserve to be messed with.
jesus fucking christ that is disgusting.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #116548

One good thing about these degenerates is that usually atleast one of them is a ligger.
Happy valid-batons, SecBorg.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #116550

Malkevin wrote:One good thing about these degenerates is that usually atleast one of them is a ligger.
Happy valid-batons, SecBorg.
Amen to that.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #116559

too bad secborgs are being removed
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #116563

bluespace literally go cry yourself to sleep in a box
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #116564

Don't call it a grave

It's the future you chose
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Scones

Post by Scones » #116565

Everything that is worth saying on the matter has been said. Admins are free to interfere with ERP - Use discretion and act in good faith when dealing with edge situations that may just fall under standard romantic interactions or be prepared to see some sort of consequences.

The metagroups this has formed are frankly disgusting and the sooner they dissipate, they better for all of us.