ERP Only on Basil

Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

ERP Only on Basil

Post by Tornadium » #116765

This appeases both groups

Anyone that wants to ERP can go to Basil and Sybil and remain free from the fucking socially defunct awkwardness of ERP.
cyfause
Byond Username: Cyfause

Re: ERP Only on Basil

Post by cyfause » #116767

Roleplay, even erotic roleplay, is a crucial part of this community. Although some people may not understand that "majority" can't particularly be defined (at the moment), it still drives the core (members) of the community.
I'm for unbanning erp on Bagil, honestly. It's a good idea; keeps two parties happy-- though, not necessarily the admins. I'm not quite sure whether dictation of what's allowed and what isn't, is being driven by the administrative staff's personal opinions.

Though, disregarding that, I feel as if unbanning ERP on Bagil would be a good thing. Perhaps keep it banned off of Sibyl; the rounds are too hectic to have people slowing it down by non-contribution. Perhaps the non-contribution would happen regardless. I don't know, I haven't done any tests, but apparently HornyGranny has (I'd personally like to see the hard quantifiable data they've collected)

Roleplay itself can happen regardless, non-erotic. I feel roleplay is a good thing, as I previously stated in the intro to this comment. It helps immerse you into the actual world of the facility and bring a more hitting experience to you. It might be the only thing keeping this game fresh for some people. Maybe not others. But the core gameplay can only be repeated so many times before it loses its "charm" and starts becoming a bore, or a chore. Roleplay can 'spice things up', in a way; make the game into more of a story that has a continuous feeling to it, to drive people- make them want to develop, worldbuild, etcetera.
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #116768

cyfause wrote:Roleplay, even erotic roleplay, is a crucial part of this community. Although some people may not understand that "majority" can't particularly be defined (at the moment), it still drives the core (members) of the community.
I'm for unbanning erp on Bagil, honestly. It's a good idea; keeps two parties happy-- though, not necessarily the admins. I'm not quite sure whether dictation of what's allowed and what isn't, is being driven by the administrative staff's personal opinions.

Though, disregarding that, I feel as if unbanning ERP on Bagil would be a good thing. Perhaps keep it banned off of Sibyl; the rounds are too hectic to have people slowing it down by non-contribution. Perhaps the non-contribution would happen regardless. I don't know, I haven't done any tests, but apparently HornyGranny has (I'd personally like to see the hard quantifiable data they've collected)

Roleplay itself can happen regardless, non-erotic. I feel roleplay is a good thing, as I previously stated in the intro to this comment. It helps immerse you into the actual world of the facility and bring a more hitting experience to you. It might be the only thing keeping this game fresh for some people. Maybe not others. But the core gameplay can only be repeated so many times before it loses its "charm" and starts becoming a bore, or a chore. Roleplay can 'spice things up', in a way; make the game into more of a story that has a continuous feeling to it, to drive people- make them want to develop, worldbuild, etcetera.
Roleplay is fine,

ERP Is pathetic.

Playing your character in a manner that fits the role is fine, going off every single round to fuck is not.

Unban it on basil, keep it banned on sybil.
cyfause
Byond Username: Cyfause

Post by cyfause » #116771

Tornadium wrote: Roleplay is fine,

ERP Is pathetic.

Playing your character in a manner that fits the role is fine, going off every single round to fuck is not.

Going off every single round to fuck is quite terrible, I do admit.
I feel it should be treated more like a real work environment. If you're going off to fuck, you know the consequences. And if you're caught, you're punished by security-- that would be more immersive, in my opinion.
Restrictions and understandings of punishments apparently didn't stop ERP, though, so it makes me wonder just how many nymphos are on this server
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #116773

cyfause wrote:
Tornadium wrote: Roleplay is fine,

ERP Is pathetic.

Going off every single round to fuck is quite terrible, I do admit.
I feel it should be treated more like a real work environment. If you're going off to fuck, you know the consequences. And if you're caught, you're punished by security-- that would be more immersive, in my opinion.
Restrictions and understandings of punishments apparently didn't stop ERP, though, so it makes me wonder just how many nymphos are on this server
Quite a few, And it's the same fucking people EVERY SINGLE TIME.
Ivan Issaccs
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Ivanissaccs

Post by Ivan Issaccs » #116779

As a basil player this is a terrible fucking idea.

Unless one or both of these two options happens.
Those who are regularly ERPing are antag banned and job banned from anything with more responsibility than botany.
Or.
Whitelist a select few people for antag every round.
:)
Lovecraft
Byond Username: Rabukurafuto

Post by Lovecraft » #116785

We don't need rules specific to one and not the other, that's a dangerous path.
Friendly reminder that you are beautiful and this server would be nothing without your continued support
I play August Finster, a suave midget with a grudge, as well as Francis Heart, the naked guitarist of the Cosmos.
Spoiler:
Nobody is worthless. PM me anytime to talk.
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #116786

Lovecraft wrote:We don't need rules specific to one and not the other, that's a dangerous path.
I don't want it on Sybil, end of.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #116787

No. Go cyber in aim children.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #116789

We don't want it on basil either, fuck that fucking noise. This is total bullshit, it is cancer on Sybil it will be cancer on only basil. Please god no
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #116790

Relocating the problem is not solving it
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #116791

Also at the op all it does is ruin basil for the nonshit players there and will drive people farther away. Pls god no
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
whodaloo
Byond Username: Whodaloo

Post by whodaloo » #116792

putting erp on one server is stone cold stupid, people ALREADY perceive basil as the circlejerk, that would only deepen if you started allowing stuff on basil that doesn't fly on server 1

that being said, the poll seems to show support in unbanning ERP and i'm not sure why this was that big a problem in the first place? admins just needed to push buttons on ERPers more imo, regardless of what bluespace thinks

it was fucking funny stuff most of the time, and disgusting the rest of the time
i love public logs
Spoiler:
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : Beacuse
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : ((im banned))

SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Hos
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Can i bang you]
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : ]plras
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : R; I WROTE THIS SOMG FOR YOU HOS

SAY: Bryce Pax/IcePacks : I THINK I WAS A LITTLE HASTY IN GIVING THE CREW ACCESS TO THE ARMORY

Lusty Xenomorph Maid begins to clean the telescopic baton with the soap...

[Common] Garrett Larson says, "How do i shot pod"

OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : WHodaloo, why are you so fucking aggressive against me
OOC: Engineer Donkin/Whodaloo : i have no idea what you're talking about chief
OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : Cuck sucking dick wanking piece of cock shit head
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #116793

Then make a server 3 ERP server.

I'm just planning for the worst incase NikNak gets elected and it gets unbanned.

Fuck ERP on sybil.
whodaloo

Post by whodaloo » #116794

ah yes good ol' "my way or the highway" tornadium, king rule 0 cuck himself, laying down decisions that the rest of us don't have the right to question
i love public logs
Spoiler:

SAY: Bryce Pax/IcePacks : I THINK I WAS A LITTLE HASTY IN GIVING THE CREW ACCESS TO THE ARMORY

OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : WHodaloo, why are you so fucking aggressive against me
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #116795

whodaloo wrote:ah yes good ol' "my way or the highway" tornadium, king rule 0 cuck himself, laying down decisions that the rest of us don't have the right to question
It's the path of least resistance.

It's better to spoil the experience of <20 than >60.
whodaloo

Post by whodaloo » #116796

Tornadium wrote:
whodaloo wrote:ah yes good ol' "my way or the highway" tornadium, king rule 0 cuck himself, laying down decisions that the rest of us don't have the right to question

i hate to be the dumbass devils advocate here but are 2 lizards fucking in dorms really ruining 60 people's rounds
like honestly, the worst part about ERP was faggots talking about who they fucked and where in OOC, if they just shut up and fucked each other in peace and quiet i'd have no problem with them
i love public logs
Spoiler:

Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #116798

whodaloo wrote:
Tornadium wrote:

i hate to be the dumbass devils advocate here but are 2 lizards fucking in dorms really ruining 60 people's rounds
like honestly, the worst part about ERP was faggots talking about who they fucked and where in OOC, if they just shut up and fucked each other in peace and quiet i'd have no problem with them
You have to turn off ghost ears in order to avoid it, Meaning you can't properly observe the round.

People regularly fuck off from important jobs to have this pathetic shit happen.

Yeah it's a problem for Sybil.

Throw them on a server where no one plays.
whodaloo

Post by whodaloo » #116799

Tornadium wrote:
whodaloo wrote:
Tornadium wrote:

You have to turn off ghost ears in order to avoid it, Meaning you can't properly observe the round.

People regularly fuck off from important jobs to have this pathetic shit happen.

if you observe with ghost ears on you're a fucking wacko anyway
and people haven't fucked off from jobs that i've seen any more than they used to since the unban, and i play a lot
the worst i've seen is the chaplain fucking in the office when the cult needed to sacrifice him, but they eventually got him and won the round anyway so no big deal
i love public logs
Spoiler:

Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #116800

Eat a dick tornadium server 2 doesn't want your dregs. Erp should be all or nothing, we don't want to be the fucking neckbeard cybersex quarantine zone
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #116801

whodaloo wrote:
Tornadium wrote:
whodaloo wrote:
Tornadium wrote:

I don't want them on server 2 either Wyzack, It's more of a last resort kind of thing. The health of Sybil comes first in my eyes. I'd prefer for it to just stay permabanned.

if you observe with ghost ears on you're a fucking wacko anyway
and people haven't fucked off from jobs that i've seen any more than they used to since the unban, and i play a lot
the worst i've seen is the chaplain fucking in the office when the cult needed to sacrifice him, but they eventually got him and won the round anyway so no big deal
Then you've gotten lucky,

Why would you be Wacko? It's pretty easy to keep track of the round with Ghost Ears.
whodaloo

Post by whodaloo » #116805

Tornadium wrote:
whodaloo wrote: if you observe with ghost ears on you're a fucking wacko anyway

Why would you be Wacko? It's pretty easy to keep track of the round with Ghost Ears.
i'd say you're wacko because for me personally, keep ghost ears on when there are >30 people (which is sibyl, basically) makes it impossible to keep track of anything meaningful.

and i deeeeeeeeeeeeefinitely haven't just "gotten lucky" in one hundred and fifty five rounds over the past month.
i love public logs
Spoiler:

Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #116808

whodaloo wrote:
Tornadium wrote:

i'd say you're wacko because for me personally, keep ghost ears on when there are >30 people (which is sibyl, basically) makes it impossible to keep track of anything meaningful.

and i deeeeeeeeeeeeefinitely haven't just "gotten lucky" in one hundred and fifty five rounds over the past month.
Well in the last two weeks I've seen Captains do it, RDs do it, CMOs are the most common.

Luckily sec seems to be immune to this plague.

I can keep track of >30 pretty easily tbh.
whodaloo

Post by whodaloo » #116811

Tornadium wrote:
whodaloo wrote:
Tornadium wrote:

Well in the last two weeks I've seen Captains do it, RDs do it, CMOs are the most common.

Luckily sec seems to be immune to this plague.

I can keep track of >30 pretty easily tbh.
i dunno what else to say i guess we just have had entirely different experiences

i'm not gonna lie and say i've never seen the cap fuck people, but i CERTAINLY can say that i've never seen a non-cap head ERP. i'm not going to demand logs because that would be fucking stupid, but i will say that i honestly don't believe it's as big a pain as you're saying it is
i love public logs
Spoiler:

iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #116814

Scones wrote:Relocating the problem is not solving it
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #116815

this will never ever happen in /tg/station 13 no matter what coders or administration are involved
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #116828

Peopling fucking about in important roles REGARDLESS OF WHAT THEY ARE DOING (be it going afk, erping or whatever) has always been against the rules.
Fucking ban people if they keep doing it.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #116965

Uhhh... server 2 being the fuck buddy server is what ruined it and made it as undesirable as a toxic waste dump in the first place.

This is dumb
PickleInspector
Byond Username: PickleInspector

Post by PickleInspector » #116971

sweet jesus no. also, fun fact, basil doesn't actually have much ERP. sybil was by far and large the one where people went2fuk
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #116977

basil was the first ERP metafriend group, sibyl was the second (the lizard group)
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #117054

I still think that the excessive erp should have been dealt with via an emoteban, so the erpers had to go and publically argue on the forums that their sexuals were not excessive.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #117106

Yah, sybil had way more erp than bagil. Relocating it is dumb. Unbanning it is dumb, because eventually we're going to end up with people saying erp is their rp and admins shouldn't intervene
I'm just planning for the worst incase NikNak gets elected and it gets unbanned.
Niknak is against erp being unbanned though.
Stan_Studnick
Byond Username: Stan_Studnick

Post by Stan_Studnick » #117116

Honestly looking back and even though I said "oh I don't care about ERP not my problem" I really would prefer it if Basil wasn't the goddamn hugbox sex zone for Sybil's retarded lizard population.

We already get enough of the "lolol imma reck on basil fuck these gay rpers" shit, we don't need sexual freaks showing up too. :l
Donk Honk
Byond Username: LindsaysAwhore

Post by Donk Honk » #117147

Wyzack wrote:Eat a dick tornadium server 2 doesn't want your dregs. Erp should be all or nothing, we don't want to be the fucking neckbeard cybersex quarantine zone
Fucking this.

Shit or get off the pot tg. Just make up your mind already on the subject.
Ivan Issaccs
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Ivanissaccs

Post by Ivan Issaccs » #117155

iamgoofball wrote:
this will never ever happen in /tg/station 13 no matter what coders or administration are involved
Now I know that sometimes the subtleties of social nuance escape your "different but still special" perception of the world can sometimes let slip past your understanding but that was what you might call a "Sarcastic" proposal, not one to get yourself all worked up about bae.
duncathan
Byond Username: Dunc
Github Username: duncathan

Post by duncathan » #117180

now to be fair there's virtually no indication of sarcasm there man
Players can and will create their own fun.
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #117430

Because it's the internet.
You're fucking dumb if you think you can put any semblance of sarcasm into a sentence on the internet. Sarcasm is about tone of voice and over exaggeration, neither of which fit the criteria of the above statement.
It was just Ivan being Ivan tbh.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #117449

I'd rather see Basil be the server where we push those PRs labeled "hardcore" on git. And make more of them.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #117464

That actually sounds kind of cool. I assume these are extreme lethality changes?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #117468

these are BLOODY SCREEN SO REAL changes.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #117471

Oh, gross. I really need to make a Git account
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Laharl Monthy
Byond Username: Laharl Montgommery

Post by Laharl Monthy » #118263

I'm really starting to think we need ERP-allowed weeks.