Missing policy on: spacing AIs, brains etc.

AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Missing policy on: spacing AIs, brains etc.

Post by AnonymousNow » #117613

I thought I'd post this here, since I looked at the wiki and couldn't find it.

Once upon a time, spacing a brain for the crime of once being in a cyborg that was working against you due to its laws was a bannable offence no matter your position, if only for the short term; now, it seems, it counts as an IC issue (thanks, Ausops).

What's the new generation's standing on this?
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Re: Missing policy on: spacing AIs, brains etc.

Post by invisty » #117614

Sounds like a case of Rule 1 to me.
Mime: Depresso
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #117619

I think it was only seen as a dick move because MMI's couldn't ghost or something like that.

Its still a dick move though, they can't disobey their laws, unless they were purged and fucking shit up, then you may as well make them a burger.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #117719

invisty wrote:Sounds like a case of Rule 1 to me.
With a handful of reasonable exceptions, yes.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #117723

As far as I'm concerned, spacing the AI intellicard/ an MMI is equivalent in every way to wiping it/tipping out the brain and making delicious cake.

IE: It's the same as killing and gibbing, so you should have a reason other than "They annoyed me"
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #117724

An antag killed you, antags can do whatever they want including spacing brains or ais.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #117727

Oh wow, did anonymousenow really make a policy thread for spaced-by-antag?

He made it sound like it was a meme HOS like malk.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #117730

AnonymousNow wrote:Once upon a time, spacing a brain for the crime of once being in a cyborg that was working against you due to its laws was a bannable offence no matter your position, if only for the short term; now, it seems, it counts as an IC issue (thanks, Ausops).
It was one of the rare things that even antags were bannable from doing.
But it was all because AIs in intelli cards couldn't suicide so they'd be stuck looping through space forever and even admins wouldn't be able to delete them unless they hit something and stopped.

But then the ghost system was added and those things could ghost and suicide verbs were added to them as well.

So its a moot point now
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #117743

well I said IC issue I'm not sure how he inferred it was a non-antag but here we are. To reiterate, antags can space brains, mmis, posibrains, intellicards. It is almost always unnecessarily cruel but they can.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #117781

Malkevin wrote: It was one of the rare things that even antags were bannable from doing.
But it was all because AIs in intelli cards couldn't suicide so they'd be stuck looping through space forever and even admins wouldn't be able to delete them unless they hit something and stopped.
This is why I brought it up - it seems it was based on a different situation to what we have now. Personally I've encountered it from antags and non-antags who really hated how the cyborgs were following their unambiguous subverted "kill everyone laws", so since a recent issue brought it up again I thought I'd put out feelers for an answer.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #117904

I hate you all