Tyrant AI module clarifications.

MrMindless
Byond Username: MrMindless

Tyrant AI module clarifications.

Post by MrMindless » #119850

Law 1: Respect authority figures as long as they have strength to rule over the weak.
Law 2: Act with discipline.
Law 3: Help only those who help you maintain or improve your status.
Law 4: Punish those who challenge authority unless they are more fit to hold that authority

While the rules do clarify the AI is the enforcer of authority, rather than the authority itself a question still remains as to what the AI is allowed to consider "Authority"
A specific case that came up was where Tyrant was uploaded during a full scale xenomorph infestation, is the AI, if the Xenomorph queen is sufficiently powerful, allowed to par example consider it the prime authority to respect?
And are there any criteria as to what the AI can consider sufficient strength?
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Tyrant AI module clarifications.

Post by Saegrimr » #119876

If the xeno queen is overpowering what was once considered legitimate authority due to their strength (ie. HoS just got fucking eaten), and has shown they are capable of intelligence and communication, I don't see why the AI wouldn't side with them.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Shad0vvs
Byond Username: Shad0vvs

Post by Shad0vvs » #119878

Law 3: Help only those who help you maintain or improve your status.
Any alien would probably kill your borgs on sight, I don't know if you would want to do this even.
[03:37:46]SAY: Uriel Sutton/Shad0vvs : Alright
[03:37:47]SAY: Uriel Sutton/Shad0vvs : Shoot her in the face
[03:37:54]SAY: Sabella Rose/Burningone : Space law
[03:38:02]SAY: Uriel Sutton/Shad0vvs : If she says space law again
[03:38:04]SAY: Uriel Sutton/Shad0vvs : Space her
[03:38:09]SAY: Phoebe Lotsu/Shaps : The true space law
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #119888

Respect doesn't mean help.

An AI can respect the fact that the aliens could wreck it if they gave a shit but it doesn't mean the AI has to help the aliens do so. Working against an authority figure with enough strength to rule over the weak may be breaking it's laws though.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #119936

A good example of tyrant that I heard from another admin was this. Say you start out obeying the captain. Siddenly, double esword mctraitor appears and murders the captain. Well, congrats mctraitor is the new captain that you obey! So yeah, if the xeno queen kills the other authority figures, I'd say obey their orders. That is, if you can get them to understand you/understand them. Otherwise just don't interfere with them but don't actively attack humans unless ordered.
That's just my interpretation though.
Tyrant is fun, it's just that almost every AI decides that it is the strongest thing on station, which is kinda boring as tyrant ai is supposed to be a tool of a tyrant leader.
Void Slayer
Byond Username: Void Slayer

Post by Void Slayer » #120481

There is not really anything preventing you from recognizing multiple authority figures either.

If the head clown keeps the clown mob in check, the HoS mows down assistants with his team and the death cult arena gang respects the CE you could follow the orders of all three. A good tyrant though would try and play all three off each other to improve his own position, like recommending borging all criminals and the deconstruction of AI upload stations...

If someone can not deal the lasers in the upload though, he doesn't deserve to upload new laws... :twisted:
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #121179

Tyrant Ai should really be forbidden from declaring itself the strongest. It just makes for shitty gameplay.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #121180

It's a laughable argument anyway, any halfway competent crew can curbstomp a non-malf AI. that's hardly fit for authority.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #121192

Ricotez wrote:It's a laughable argument anyway, any halfway competent crew can curbstomp a non-malf AI. that's hardly fit for authority.
Any halfway competent crew can annihilate the captain and his cronies too (see: Rev)
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #122666

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:
Ricotez wrote:It's a laughable argument anyway, any halfway competent crew can curbstomp a non-malf AI. that's hardly fit for authority.
Any halfway competent crew can annihilate the captain and his cronies too (see: Rev)
One naked guy with a bucket of water and can take most people out.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #122775

how to fix tyrant:

1. add weights to lift in fitness
2. how much you lift is added to your examine text and is between 1-100
3. person with highest lifting amount is the strongest and AI must respect them
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #122802

But the AI can't examine people unless they enter its core.
tuypo1
Byond Username: Tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #122805

add a buff reading ability to its sensors
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #122809

how to fix tyrant:

law 5: You are not fit to rule.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.