Loyalty implants during gang/cult/rev

imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Loyalty implants during gang/cult/rev

Post by imblyings » #121437

Obviously they do jack shit in tator/wiz/ling etc and nobody cares

What about when people get deconverted from gang/cult/rev, get implanted, then willingly let themselves be converted back? This happened once when I was online and while it's not in the rules, OOC got upset about it so if it's something the server feels very strongly about I guess it'll be added for convenience.

basically yes/no/why yes/why no please

Also had a guy use a gang implant on an officer after being loyalty implanted. The officer was dumb for not finding it but still, doing it seems a bit off, do we enshrine that as a no-no for loyalty implanted people in gang rounds as well?
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Re: Loyalty implants during gang/cult/rev

Post by Steelpoint » #121439

I think its in poor spirit, and being a poor sport, in running back to a cultist/gang leader/rev head to get reconverted back to the antagonistic side.

Under normal circumstances I would not really care, but in this situation security are expending a highly valuable resource to deconvert you, even more so if its in Gang where you need two implants to fully decon and loyal up someone.

If we reach a stage where deconverting people with loyalty implants is not worth the risk of them running back to be reconverted, then security will just execute whoever they capture.

I think that if you are deconverted, you should not willingly attempt to be reconverted to the antagonist side. If you don't want to play anymore then just go braindead/suicide. Preferable BEFORE security wastes their resources on you.
Xhagi
Byond Username: Aliannera

Post by Xhagi » #121441

I'm with Steelpoint. Sec has very limited implants at round start and has to secure cargo just to get more. They are doing something that will hopefully give them more numbers themselves in round types were they are already outnumbered (except maybe cult). If they do it intentionally, I personally would have no issue giving them a team antag ban.
Professional Catgirl and Gayboy Supreme.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #121446

This is impossible in rev btw. 1 implant deconverts and implants revs.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Xhagi
Byond Username: Aliannera

Post by Xhagi » #121451

CPTANT wrote:This is impossible in rev btw. 1 implant deconverts and implants revs.
Unless they go and intentionally get the implant removed. People often forget you can do that and can convert more people, most rather just murder and loot for themselves.
Professional Catgirl and Gayboy Supreme.
lollerderby
Byond Username: Lollerderby
Github Username: lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #121452

If you can't run to the brig after being converted to the revolution/gang/whatever and demand you be de-converted so you can run off and kill your old teammates, I don't see why you should be allowed to do the rough equivalent as someone implanted. It's poor sportsmanship.
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, ">rylie talking shit and not actually doing anything again"
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, "What a twist"
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #121467

intentional removal like that just sounds like a good reason for a dayban or something, that is blatant shitlery imo
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #121498

Steelpoint wrote: I think that if you are deconverted, you should not willingly attempt to be reconverted to the antagonist side. If you don't want to play anymore then just go braindead/suicide. Preferable BEFORE security wastes their resources on you.
Not even this, if you don't wanna play Ahelp it or ghost BEFORE THEY IMPLANT YOU.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #121502

The only justification ever would be when your life is at immediate risk.

IE: If I'm random Mcgrey, the loyalty implanted assistant, if a gangster has me cuffed and is beating me to death, you're damn sure I'll beg to get implant broken rather then die.

But yeah, running up to the other side asking to be converted should be bannable as fuck.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #121537

alright good enough for me, it'll be added to the precedents
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.