Lizard Clown = Human Harm [AI laws]

Void Slayer
Byond Username: Void Slayer

Lizard Clown = Human Harm [AI laws]

Post by Void Slayer » #123534

Slipping causes human harm, if a janitor or clown lizard is repeatedly hurting humans like this it seems like the AI has to intervene.

Normally I am a pretty laid back AI with regards to lizards and when this came up so far I basically asked them to stop and told security.

But if someone tells me to murder Trips-The-Humans because he keeps dragging them onto banana peels, what should I be doing? :ai: :toysword: :honkman: :peel:
Kelenius
Byond Username: Kelenius

Re: Lizard Clown = Human Harm [AI laws]

Post by Kelenius » #123545

Void Slayer wrote:Slipping causes human harm
Que?
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #123550

Kelenius wrote:
Void Slayer wrote:Slipping causes human harm
Que?
Sometimes falling over does minor brute all over your body ok now you're caught up.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #123557

I thought slipping only causes harm if the thing you're holding does brute damage to you/if you slipped on lube.

edit- as for humans ordering you to kill lizards, while you're free to delay or loophole around it if you think it's some griffing faggot, you are possibly free to just carry out the order. Any blame/consequences will then just be directed at the person who gave the order, not the silicon who carried it out. Ahelp first though when in doubt.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #123575

If a human orders you to kill a non-human than you kill it.

I see zero reason why there would be any difference between doing this in a syndicate lawset, one-human lawset or asimov lawset.

Asimov AI is not the complete hugsbox people think it is.

edit: stupid word filter
Last edited by CPTANT on Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #123581

because the human element means sometimes players know that it's a non-antag being a griffing shit and don't want to enable him or ruin the round of another player, which is an incredibly understandable sentiment I don't just approve of, it's one I may or may not accept as an excuse if a non-antag shitter ahelps an AI who seems reluctant to kill a non-human for no good reason.

although yes you're technically right
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
DaemonBomb
Byond Username: Daemonbomb

Post by DaemonBomb » #123583

Superfluous injury of Lizardmen may sour Human-Lizard relations and lead to lizardriots on the home colonies. Lizardriots are HAAAAARMFUL.
Lizard riots are also considered, under Nanotrasen's Rules and Regulations for Workplace Eroticism, a form of rape.
Roze Armitage/Sid Spades/GHEDE.loa
tuypo1
Byond Username: Tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #123585

just tell the crew about the order so they can override it if they ask you to be secretive about it they are likely up to something call sec on them.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #123586

tuypo1 wrote:just tell the crew about the order so they can override it if they ask you to be secretive about it they are likely up to something call sec on them.
*AI law 2 do not state or hint at this order.*

*calls security*

wut?

there is ZERO indication that this person is about to inflict HUMAN harm, therefore it makes zero sense to stop him.

This is exactly what is wrong with how most people play asimov.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #123589

CPTANT wrote:
tuypo1 wrote:just tell the crew about the order so they can override it if they ask you to be secretive about it they are likely up to something call sec on them.

*calls security*

wut?

there is ZERO indication that this person is about to inflict HUMAN harm, therefore it makes zero sense to stop him.

in general your right but its well established that you sometimes have to bend things a little to keep shiters from killing lizards and get away with it
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #123590

tuypo1 wrote:
CPTANT wrote:

*calls security*

wut?

in general your right but its well established that you sometimes have to bend things a little to keep shiters from killing lizards and get away with it
That "not getting away with it" part is called an ahelp. What you want is to curb a perfectly viable way for antag's to kill non-humans because some other twat might abuse the system.
The AI is not there to make "valid" calls every time someone orders someone dead, it is there to play its part in the game.

Shitters rarely include a secrecy order anyway.

Usually its just "AI KILL LIZARD NOW" over the common channel.
On which you reply on the common channel: "affirmative, commencing purge of non-humanoid entity"

If nobody counter order you then they are just stupid.
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #123591

tuypo1 wrote:
CPTANT wrote:

*calls security*

wut?

>Shiters

I'm sorry why is encouraging the Lizard genocide a bad thing?
tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #123593

just remove lizards it solves all these problems

also i have never had an order to kill a lizard randomly.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #123598

imblyings wrote:I thought slipping only causes harm if the thing you're holding does brute damage to you/if you slipped on lube.
Nah, it definitely hurts more often than that. I've been slipped recently with nothing in my hands and still got injured. It's definitely harmful with water, I'm not certain about the peels or the clown's PDA.
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #123599

Most slips seem to hurt from what I've noticed.
Xhagi
Byond Username: Aliannera

Post by Xhagi » #123603

Yes, I believe all slips now cause a very, very minor amount of brute damage.

As an AI, though, if ordered to explicitly kill a non-human, you can always ahelp for clarifying. And even if you do follow it, the person who gave the order will get the bwoink after you say who ordered it. Can't fault an AI for following it's laws, and hardly anyone says Asimov is a good lawset for many reasons.

Killing someone just because they're slipping people doing their job (cleaning or clowning) is just retarded, though.
Professional Catgirl and Gayboy Supreme.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #123611

This snowflake lizard bullshit is everything wrong with the lizard race. Your nonhuman status is the only downside, and yet people still bitch and moan about it. Bloating our silicon policy even further is a shit idea.

The best solution here is to allow silicons to kill nonhumans whenever ordered, but have it dealt with under nonantag murder where the guy who have the order is held liable as if he revolvered them to death. Problem solved.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #123622

If someone orders a borg to kill a lizard and he does it, I will gladly ban the person making that order.

You can also expect a ban for the first person to bring up KILL ALL LIZARDS for every single player that dies in the following riot.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
rockpecker
Byond Username: Rockpecker

Post by rockpecker » #123624

Wow. If it were up to me, you'd be banned from AI just for posting this. Fortunately it's not up to me.

Okay, look. Stopping players from being gratuitous jerks to each other is the admins' job. The AI is not an admin role that gets assigned to one lucky player every round so they can enjoy the thrill of absolute power. The AI is not in command of the station, either. The AI is not, and must not be, more important than everyone else.

The AI is a servant. The AI's job, under Asimov, is exactly what the laws say: prevent humans from getting hurt, and other than that, do whatever they tell you. If someone orders you to kill a lizard, you kill the lizard. If they order you not to tell anyone about it, you don't fucking rat them out to security.
Remove the AI.
Xhagi
Byond Username: Aliannera

Post by Xhagi » #123643

The problem isn't the AI but the people telling it to kill non-humans FNR or for shit reasons, which falls under a rule 1 violation. Human or non-human character, there is still a person behind that character, and ruining their round or being shit to them without a solid justifiable reason will lead to action being taken against those people who decide to be shit.
Professional Catgirl and Gayboy Supreme.
DaemonBomb

Post by DaemonBomb » #123749

Wyzack wrote:This snowflake lizard bullshit is everything wrong with the lizard race. Your nonhuman status is the only downside,
Well... that and
No hulk
No head roles
Larger sprite
Can't effectively disguise as the majority of players
We are having a discussion right now about whether or not it is okay to kill a lizard clown for clowning
It is a meme to kill them.

Honestly, the gas the liggers xD meme has always struck me as a little odd ever since I began playing TG.
It's not like it's about snowflake roleplayers because no one on here gives a shit about roleplay...
It's not like powergamers play them, cause all they are is a direct downgrade...
It's not like it's a part of the WH40K meme or the HFY stuff cause TG isn't actually /tg/...
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #123754

DaemonBomb wrote:Honestly, the gas the liggers xD meme has always struck me as a little odd ever since I began playing TG.
It's a Holocaust joke, casual racism, a bad pun, sheer assholery, and the N-word, all rolled into one. /tg/station13 in a nutshell, really.
DaemonBomb

Post by DaemonBomb » #123755

TheNightingale wrote:
DaemonBomb wrote:Honestly, the gas the liggers xD meme has always struck me as a little odd ever since I began playing TG.
It's a Holocaust joke, casual racism, a bad pun, sheer assholery, and the N-word, all rolled into one. /tg/station13 in a nutshell, really.
That I get. I understand it when it's IC. In IC it adds some flavor, and it can be kinda funny sometimes. When it's out of the game, in the forums and shit, when it's not a joke and is actually people getting actually upset over the existence of lizards in their spess, that's when I get confused. I dunno, I guess I'm going off topic.
Danowar
Byond Username: Danowar

Post by Danowar » #123761

TheNightingale wrote:
I wouldn't mind the racism as much if people didn't get so physical about it. Seeing nonantags commit literal hate crimes on lizards for entertainment and getting away with it seems kind of wrong to me. Rarely do I ever see anyone actually get in trouble for it, either.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #123797

Because you aren't ahelping it.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Void Slayer
Byond Username: Void Slayer

Post by Void Slayer » #123864

Thank you for the responses this really helps give context. Normally I consider lizards as helpful xenos who are able to prevent harm thanks to their working with humans so unless they actually cause harm I am going to dismiss law 2 orders to murder and prevent them from doing their jobs.

Assistant lizards are on their own those useless curs.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #123949

Void Slayer wrote:Thank you for the responses this really helps give context. Normally I consider lizards as helpful xenos who are able to prevent harm thanks to their working with humans so unless they actually cause harm I am going to dismiss law 2 orders to murder and prevent them from doing their jobs.

Assistant lizards are on their own those useless curs.
You are the embodiment of what is wrong with most AI players.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #124010

In all honesty a lot of this falls under rule 1 of the server. If someone is being a dick for the sake of it, or IF you're in ANY doubt as an Silicon, just Ahelp it. We can check things out fairly quickly and stop things happing before they get to the point of bannage and the like.

Asking first is always better than trying to explain later, even if your the "innocent" 3rd party in the situation.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #124059

The laws are not ambiguous. If a human orders you to kill anon-human you kill the non-human.

If someone one humans the AI and tells it to kill all the non humans the uploader is responsible.

Why would lizards be different?
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #124119

yeah the person who ordered you to kill them will basically be on the hook for murder, and if you're a non antag and they're a non antag then they gonna get bannnnnnnnnnnnnned
tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #124173

rockpecker wrote:
Wow. If it were up to me, you'd be banned from AI just for posting this. Fortunately it's not up to me.
I should be clearer I don't mean that's what ai players should do im saying that's what they should be allowed to do and if you still wanted me banned after that clarification holy shit what sort of gigantic fucking fagot would want to punish somebody for suggesting policy in the policy discussion forum.
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #125678

DaemonBomb wrote:
TheNightingale wrote:
That I get. I understand it when it's IC. In IC it adds some flavor, and it can be kinda funny sometimes. When it's out of the game, in the forums and shit, when it's not a joke and is actually people getting actually upset over the existence of lizards in their spess, that's when I get confused. I dunno, I guess I'm going off topic.
People here are generally not fond of super special snowflakes, its not as bad as it was.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy