ERP unbanning 3: Oh God It's Still Happening

bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

ERP unbanning 3: Oh God It's Still Happening

Post by bandit » #135352

Bottom post of the previous page:

So as everyone warned everyone else would happen, the minute ERP was unbanned the same three fucking lizards started to fuck every goddamn round, having to be muted, singularitied or otherwise taken care of, wasting admins' time and annoying the shit out of everyone who doesn't want to be in the middle of three people's extended gay furry cybersex session.

I feel that this needs to be revisited, and for good this time.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Re: ERP unbanning 3: Oh God It's Still Happening

Post by Deitus » #138230

100th post is mine

fuck erp, no pun intended. yall niggas deserve whatever shit you get from anyone if you gonna fuck in a vidya
Pascal123
Byond Username: Pascal123

Post by Pascal123 » #138231

So ERP is meant to be funny and fun for the whole server to partake in, right? That's why they voted for it's Unbanning, twice.
So why is everyone complaining now?

Judging by what people are saying. It's because it's cringey, poorly done, and prevalent every shift, particularly with a few players.
How did you not expect this? Really?

I don't understand. Why would you vote for it, then? This is exactly what people said would happen.
Docprofsmith
Byond Username: Jud1c470r

Post by Docprofsmith » #138262

Bandit, it is incredibly easy to ignore ERPing lizards. It isn't any kind of scenario that's out of control or anything. It's just a couple of people having fun writing awful smut. It's the easiest thing to ignore and you're part of an extremely vocal minority who actually care.

As for wasting admin time I feel like you're under the impression that we're constantly bombarded with ahelps, which by the way if we were, we wouldn't be putting a stop to lizard smut. When we fuck with ERP it is not out of mercy for you, who hates it so much but can't seem to ignore it, it's because it's fucking funny.

Do yourself a favour and just ignore it. If you see it happening and you're a ghost then just go somewhere else.
JUDICATOR REDEMPTION ARC
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #138264

rdght91 wrote:I've eaten too many bans for doing what seemed like a perfectly reasonable thing at the time as security. I've gotten banned and appealed getting banned for killing a player who was sexually harassing my character, but I still had to wade through the drama. Plus, with ERPers most of the time they end up making obnoxious sexual comments at me and whining nonstop, then I end up beating them to death, then I get boinked.
That's the same as killing someone for saying "fuck you". I'm assuming that if it didn't cross into "rape" section, it was something along the lines of verbal insult. Which is a stupid thing to kill someone over.

Why does it being sexual suddenly change things? Guess what, sex is a thing that mommies and daddies do. Sexual harassment is just that, harassment that is sexual.

Next thing we know it's okay to kill people because they called you a faggot, a whore or anything like that.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #138276

Pascal123 wrote:So ERP is meant to be funny and fun for the whole server to partake in, right? That's why they voted for it's Unbanning, twice.
So why is everyone complaining now?

Judging by what people are saying. It's because it's cringey, poorly done, and prevalent every shift, particularly with a few players.
How did you not expect this? Really?

I don't understand. Why would you vote for it, then? This is exactly what people said would happen.
It's not everyone. But why would I come onto the forums to talk about how okay I am with it? If calls come for it to be banned, discussion will start when they get taken seriously again.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #138299

If someone is sexually harassing you (as in unconsensual ERP) you can kill them, not only. But they will eat a permaban if you report it.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #138320

Pascal123 wrote:So why is everyone complaining now?
It's the same 3 people complaining about it from before the unban. They're an extremely vocal minority. One of them even purposely watches ERP just to complain about it.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Pascal123

Post by Pascal123 » #138347

DrPillzRedux wrote:It's the same 3 people complaining about it from before the unban. They're an extremely vocal minority. One of them even purposely watches ERP just to complain about it.
You happen to be a vocal minority too, y'know?
The one that's currently ruining ERP's unbanning.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #138363

Pascal123 wrote:The one that's currently ruining ERP's unbanning.
It's the equivalent of reading wgw except the vast majority of people find it funny. You can't ruin that.

Is there a cabal of lizard mages that sit around and rate erp?
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty

a correct post by pillz
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #138500

DrPillzRedux wrote:
It's the equivalent of reading wgw except the vast majority of people find it funny. You can't ruin that.

Demonfiren, Whoever-The-Unmemorable-Asshole-Who-Plays-Salts-the-Wound is, and a small stuffed crocodile with "KILL" written in sharpie on the side.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
rdght91
Byond Username: Roadhog1

Post by rdght91 » #138501

DrPillzRedux wrote:

If it's like WGW, why isn't the crew allowed to mess with them?
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #138502

They are, they just have to ahelp it first. I wouldn't mind if admins made ERPing like WGW is currently, not something they usually straight up gib you for (they gib you for spamming it), but something that makes you totally and instantly valid if anyone hears you doing it.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #138506

Zilenan91 wrote:They are, they just have to ahelp it first. I wouldn't mind if admins made ERPing like WGW is currently, not something they usually straight up gib you for (they gib you for spamming it), but something that makes you totally and instantly valid if anyone hears you doing it.
ERP is like inverse WGW

WGW makes you instantly valid to players and free for admins to screw with in other ways

ERP makes you instantly valid to admins and free for players to scrw with in other ways

Being Salts-The-Wound makes you a terrible person.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #138507

So is there any reason you're going straight to the ad hom on daman? He hasn't done anything but have fake sex, why are you being such an asshole.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #138508

Salts the wounds is a bad person though he cheated on his wife.

people do not = their characters sometimes.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #138509

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Whoever-The-Unmemorable-Asshole-Who-Plays-Salts-the-Wound is

Well...
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #138514

welp
1g88a
Byond Username: Ig88A

Post by 1g88a » #138645

I don't understand, are people mad that some players frequently sequester themselves away in a broom closet every other round? Hell greyshirts do that all the time but they just go braindead which is boring. As far as I've seen people don't do it in public, in fact the one time I deliberately barged into a room where ERP was occurring I was rudely thrown out and told that I wasn't allowed to watch.
DEAD: ADMIN(Hornygranny) says, "you play in my universe, normie"
Pascal123

Post by Pascal123 » #138676

1g88a wrote:in fact the one time I deliberately barged into a room where ERP was occurring I was rudely thrown out and told that I wasn't allowed to watch.
Wow. Why are they not 100% Valid again?
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #138683

They are.

To admins.

a correct post by pillz
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #138692

Had a round where an engineer I assigned to "1. Make sure people didn't go near the tesla engine" and "2. Be a human grounding rod so we didn't have the ai and borgs all up in our face with muh harm complaints" thouht it would be a good idea to let their fuckbuddy into the engine room and then took them to the smes cells for erp. While he was doing this multiple people wandered in without gloves and died of shocks. Security and the AI was swarming us over this.

Ban ERP when?
1g88a
Byond Username: Ig88A

Post by 1g88a » #138713

Pascal123 wrote:
1g88a wrote:in fact the one time I deliberately barged into a room where ERP was occurring I was rudely thrown out and told that I wasn't allowed to watch.
Wow. Why are they not 100% Valid again?
I called them out and the captain tased/broke them up. I don't see why they'd need to be 100% valid, admins tend to kill them in funny ways half the time anyways.
iamgoofball wrote:Had a round where an engineer I assigned to "1. Make sure people didn't go near the tesla engine" and "2. Be a human grounding rod so we didn't have the ai and borgs all up in our face with muh harm complaints" thouht it would be a good idea to let their fuckbuddy into the engine room and then took them to the smes cells for erp. While he was doing this multiple people wandered in without gloves and died of shocks. Security and the AI was swarming us over this.

Ban ERP when?
That sounds like something that would be punishable IC as Dereliction of Duty and Manslaughter (if anyone actually cared about space law) though, right? If they fucked off to dick around at the bar/change jobs without notifying their superiors/went braindead it would have had the same result, though, so I don't see why ERP as a whole is to blame for this.
DEAD: ADMIN(Hornygranny) says, "you play in my universe, normie"
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #138716

iamgoofball wrote:Had a round where an engineer I assigned to "1. Make sure people didn't go near the tesla engine" and "2. Be a human grounding rod so we didn't have the ai and borgs all up in our face with muh harm complaints" thouht it would be a good idea to let their fuckbuddy into the engine room and then took them to the smes cells for erp. While he was doing this multiple people wandered in without gloves and died of shocks. Security and the AI was swarming us over this.

Ban ERP when?
engineers already fuck off to do their own thing anyway, it just so happens that they took it more literally than most.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Docprofsmith
Byond Username: Jud1c470r

Post by Docprofsmith » #138722

Ban ERP when?
Don't ban ERP over this. This is them ost realistic depiction of workplace sexual relations possible. This is the height of RP and also hilarious.
JUDICATOR REDEMPTION ARC
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #138729

Goof that is not only a shitty argument - that's exactly the sort of thing we want to have happen. Workplace accidents are the lifeblood of SS13.
Mime: Depresso
Pascal123

Post by Pascal123 » #138746

I don't particularly find the prospect of an Engineer ensuring anyone wandering in would be fried and killed either due to their own negligence or purposefully while they ERP.
How is that any less worse than non-antag murder?
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #138774

Walk into xenobiology.
Get glomped by slimes.
Die
???
Mime: Depresso
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #138793

>non-engineer plebs trespassing on the ground of holy Engineeria
>do not even have the common courtesy to ask for permission from Engineeria to enter after giving them tribute
>get fried like the pleb peasant shitters they are
>probably about to steal gloves anyway

absolutely halal
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #138816

So people died because an engineer was getting it on in the other room instead of doing his assigned task.

Holy fuck that is gold. Imagine if they had been caught and put on trial.

a correct post by pillz
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #138826

DrPillzRedux wrote:So people died because an engineer was getting it on in the other room instead of doing his assigned task.

Holy fuck that is gold. Imagine if they had been caught and put on trial.
Punishment: a public whipping naked. Oh wait they might like that.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #138847

>stupid people get killed
>oh yeah lets blame the ERP'ers in the next room

great logic goof.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #139129

The issue with this backlash is that it's leading to issues like this from a recent ban appeals thread:
booboolaboosh wrote:
Shaps wrote:A few days ago he was involved in a big lynch mob against a few "erp'ers" who were literally just sitting around talking to each other, and made it clear in OOC afterwards that they gladly would have eaten a ban for killing them if he had a chance to finish them off (again, all they were doing was talking to each other). This wasn't added as a note since there were like 6 people involved, but it's definitely relevant I'd say
in my defense, was not aware they were just talking to eachother until after the fact
i was told they were a filthy sex having interspecial couple
So people who aren't even ERPing are getting the "kill the ERPers" mob rushing for them.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #139144

Yeah that's why, according to the rules, ERPers are not valid to players unless they ask admin permission first. The moment you make erpers valid to everyone, WGW style, you're gonna see a lot of people griefed at the slightest attempt at roleplay.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #139164

I blame kor for telling the borg they were through whisper.

Or at least he gloated about it in dsay.

a correct post by pillz
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #139172

classic kor
J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Post by J_Madison » #141732

I think it's about time this was rebanned.

I'm a little sick of the same meta-crew contributing nothing to the round, and getting upset when their shittery results in action being taken against them.
Even worse is when their buddies come to the rescue. I think it's enough, with addition that they have - for several rounds - not contributed to the round in any way.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #141797

what's even the point of banning it any more? people will just keep whining until it's re-un-re-unbanned, and we will get another hilariously ineffective policy to go with it

read this in Ron Perlman's voice: ERP never changes
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #141817

I wonder if the above post has anything to do with last night's

[19:39:25] <J_Madison> need admin sybil
[19:39:27] <J_Madison> ERP
[19:39:29] <J_Madison> 3 lizards. dorms.
[19:39:31] <J_Madison> naked.
[19:43:26] <oranges> 14:41 < oranges> it's valid foradmins
[19:43:26] <oranges> 14:41 < oranges> if they feel like it
[19:43:26] <oranges> 14:41 < oranges> they don't have to do anything
[19:43:26] <oranges> 14:41 < oranges> and you don't have a right to demand action
[19:44:49] <J_Madison> time to apply for admin
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #141822

nah I haven't been in any of the channels in forever
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #141824

Well I meant j_madasfuck but now that guilty conscious is a red flag. Have you been in any naked lizard piles recently?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #141844

That lizard pile was fucking hilarious.

Just playing twister, fam.

a correct post by pillz
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #141848

Saegrimr wrote:Well I meant j_madasfuck but now that guilty conscious is a red flag. Have you been in any naked lizard piles recently?
come on you know I am a (cat) people person
Spoiler:
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #141856

Well basil rarely goes above 3 players total so things happening there shouldn't be used as arguments against ERP. On the other hand, I was lucky enough to witness some hot, steamy xeno ERP on sybil (by WJ no less, so we're talking anatomically detailed, explicit graphic ERP here, not your casual trashy smut), and that alone was worth all the salt and tears that came with the ERP unbanning.
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #141857

That's ridiculous, in a gang round too.

ERP should be banned. I've previously approved of it, but seeing how ridiculous the lack of contribution, self-centered gameplay and the circlejerk of metagaming that occurs, my opinion stands firm.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #141861

What is your definition of metagaming?

You act as if most of these people who bring no harm to a round are vile, gamebreaking monsters who only come here to erp, and that banning erp would make them all disappear. Despite myself knowing that, out of all the ERP'ers around before the ban was placed, none left. They did the exact same thing as always; hang out around the ship as IC friends, which a headmin said is fine, until they are converted, to which they then go contribute to their antag group.

You seem to really, really want absolutely zero RP, based on how you cling to the argument that all ERP'ers are just here to erp, and that it is a blight to us all. Do you support powergamers instead who directly influence the state of a round, wordlessly murdering everyone?

a correct post by pillz
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #141863

I didn't tell that borg to kill deathhoof I was demanding everyone involved be banned actually.

As to ERP in general it gives me an excuse to spawn lava on lizard players so who cares
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #141871

Examples of metagaming include:

Adjusting a character's actions based on foreknowledge of the long-term intentions of others.
Gaining knowledge from Out-Of Character.
Using knowledge from a previously played or dead character.
Acting on any knowledge that the character is not aware of.
Adjusting a character's behavior towards other player characters based on out of character relations with other players.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #141872

>forming relationships
>social interaction
>learning from experience
>recognizing patterns

So basically being a human then
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #141873

I think there's a limit to it. You can be IC friends or partners with someone, but you can't bust them out of perma and loot the Armory for them. You can give them their traitor objective if you have it, but you can't go murderboning with them. We want to reward people who take time to RP, but killing the Captain because your buddy's in the Syndicate isn't quite RP.
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #141878

I think a line should be drawn regarding that. A very fine line.
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #141879

Come on metafrienship has been there since forever and has little to do with erp. If you ever played as sec officer I'm sure you had at least one suspect escape thanks to a non-antag metafriend pulling him away/pushing you down, or someone gaining access to your dept thanks to a metafriend HoP and so on