CLOWNS.

kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

CLOWNS.

Post by kevinz000 » #147961

So I just played a round with about 9 clowns AND A HOP WHO OPENED AT THE VERY LEAST 11 CLOWN SLOTS
Should nonantag clowns be allowed to tide and be shit?
Should non-antag HoPs be allowed to do this ?
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Re: CLOWNS.

Post by kevinz000 » #147970

Infact it got so fucking bad a NONANTAG clown uploaded laws and made non clowns nonhuman and dangerous.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #147972

The dumbass clown who uploaded that law got banned
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #147976

Yeah there gets to be a point where there being that many clowns with all access just gets really shitty. I call the phenomenon the Honkularity. If the number of clowns is equal or greater to than the number of detectives, wardens, and bartenders on the station, it is time to call the shuttle before the sheer amount of honk attracts the badmins to send legions of their brothers in through bombs.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #147978

Stuff like this is fine when it doesn't happen too often. (except for clowns messing with the AI)
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #147982

why have the job slot opening feature if you're going to bitch about it being used for what it's intended for

Are you really that incapable of demoting the HoP yourselves that you need to cry to mommythe admins to do it for you?

Grow some balls, get some cuffs and a baton, and arrest his ass for giving 11 clownw all access.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #147984

CPTANT wrote:Stuff like this is fine when it doesn't happen too often. (except for clowns messing with the AI)
not even clowns messing with the AI, because even that can be fine in small doses. ANY non-antag uploading laws that enable/force the AI to commit harm is bad.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #147989

There's no difference in a group of assistants running around being shitters smashing things up and attacking people and a group of clowns running around doing the same thing.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #147995

PKPenguin321 wrote:
CPTANT wrote:Stuff like this is fine when it doesn't happen too often. (except for clowns messing with the AI)
not even clowns messing with the AI, because even that can be fine in small doses. ANY non-antag uploading laws that enable/force the AI to commit harm is bad.
Ohw yeah I was referring to this particular instance of what someone did to the AI.

Back on topic:

Some of you guys REALLY want every round to be the same without anything unexpected ever happening don't you?
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Ahammer18
Byond Username: Ahammer18

Post by Ahammer18 » #147999

Made this handy dandy guide for those of you that are confused.
I'm a boy.
Global Moderator
Game Admin
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #148054

but I'm the clown, it's my job to grief
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #148098

Ahammer18 wrote:Image

Made this handy dandy guide for those of you that are confused.
pfff, minor greytide is basically required when you play an assistant.

Escalation from time to time is fun. My best rounds as HoS are when I get to execute escalated greytide scum to set an example for the rest.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #148121

Are people incapable of handling minor shittiness without having to make a bitching thread on the forum
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #148289

ShadowDimentio wrote:Are people incapable of handling minor shittiness without having to make a bitching thread on the forum
Ahammer18

Post by Ahammer18 » #148290

>Minor shittiness

hah nice meme I had to ban a nonantag clown for subverting the AI, it wasn't minor.
I'm a boy.
Global Moderator
Game Admin
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #148291

Because spacing them would cause a different bitching thread on the forum.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #148292

Ahammer18 wrote:>Minor shittiness

hah nice meme I had to ban a nonantag clown for subverting the AI, it wasn't minor.
i think he's referring to the "hop making lots of clowns" bit, at least, I was.
Ahammer18

Post by Ahammer18 » #148293

Ah, okay.
I'm a boy.
Global Moderator
Game Admin
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #148298

Ahammer18 wrote:>Minor shittiness

Note that thread guy wasn't complaining about that, rather about the HoP being a baka and opening up 11 clown slots.

A clown subverting the AI is a REAL complaint, but that was handled
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer

Post by Shaps-cloud » #148306

Well as for the HoP, we've already established in past threads that if a HoP continuously does dumb shit like opening 100x clown slots every round, they can get banned for it. Doing it once gets people to roll their eyes at you, but making a habit of it is definitely bannable.
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #148360

Why does noone ever make like 100 chemistry/virology/detective slots then close everything else.

That'd be so much funnier than just like 20 clowns if you do it early enough in the round.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #148395

Shaps wrote:Well as for the HoP, we've already established in past threads that if a HoP continuously does dumb shit like opening 100x clown slots every round, they can get banned for it. Doing it once gets people to roll their eyes at you, but making a habit of it is definitely bannable.
Why is this bannable? This can be dealt with ICly.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #148397

People don't want to deal with 10000 clowns shitting up the place every round.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #148398

If the same person does this shit a lot of rounds, then it stops being an IC issue
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #148401

Zilenan91 wrote:People don't want to deal with 10000 clowns shitting up the place every round.
That's why you arrest them as security and deport them to the gulag.
lzimann wrote:If the same person does this shit a lot of rounds, then it stops being an IC issue
Mind elaborating on why this stops being an IC issue? Once again, we have security, we don't need admins to be security for us. Just let security permabrig people who are repeat offenders when it comes to this shit and they'll stop doing it without bans and drama and whining babies on the forums.
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #148404

The same person opening 100 clown slots every round he is a HoP(or captain) gets really boring after a short while. If you do once in a while it's ok, no one will bother you, but if you do it every damn round then it's ground for an admin intervention.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #148406

I would assume this all goes for all-access clowns doing the same.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #148407

iamgoofball wrote:
Zilenan91 wrote:People don't want to deal with 10000 clowns shitting up the place every round.
That's why you arrest them as security and deport them to the gulag.
lzimann wrote:If the same person does this shit a lot of rounds, then it stops being an IC issue
Mind elaborating on why this stops being an IC issue? Once again, we have security, we don't need admins to be security for us. Just let security permabrig people who are repeat offenders when it comes to this shit and they'll stop doing it without bans and drama and whining babies on the forums.
This is shit because it requires security to meta grudge people's behavior from round to round
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer

Post by Shaps-cloud » #148408

Because it takes 0 effort to keep joining as HoP and abusing your powers to fuck over the station, just like with chemists spamming lube everywhere. There's not always going to be enough security to deal with the problem, and having to brig the same shitter for reasons bordering on metagrudging every single round is hardly fun to begin with.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #148425

Well I'd argue that admins policing people like this isn't much fun either but what do I know
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer

Post by Shaps-cloud » #148438

It's not even policing the playerbase, 99.999% of people never have an issue with it, and if someone goofs around once they don't get instantly banned, admins only step in when it becomes a consistent issue

Shit HoP's have been discussed in the past and we agreed that they should be held accountable for their actions in this thread: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1862
mrpain
Byond Username: Mrpain666

Post by mrpain » #150085

Allow me to give you a play out of the /vg/station play book.

On the subject of clowns, if a clown, were to say, space lube a hallway, I, as an admin, am going to turn a blind eye to it (normally I'd put the screws on anyone else if they did it consistently).

HOWEVER, I'm also not going to care if he gets lynched, killed, and thrown out an airlock for doing it. BUT this doesnt mean someone gets to look at a clown and claim a free valid kill. He has to do something consistently awful first.

And this gets taken off the table if he's using lube or a gimmick to kill people.
/vg/station Head Admin