What can a drone do?

newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

What can a drone do?

Post by newfren » #163036

So I was playing drone and noone was in the RnD lab - given that I figured it would improve the station to have better RnD I did it - but the admins disagreed. In the following conversation I was told that apparently acting as janitor or bartender was also violating my laws.

So what is within the purview of the drones laws?
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: What can a drone do?

Post by Saegrimr » #163040

If its not the station itself or another drone, don't even acknowledge it exists. If you don't want to be a quiet autismo fixing windows and hull breaches, or build a smoking lounge in maint away from people, then just don't play drone.

You're not a deciding part of the round in any way. Its a privilege for bored ghosts during long rounds to pass time with.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #163042

Depends on who you ask.

Your laws command you to essentially, and I quote.

Maintain
Repair
Improve
Power

The entire station as best as you can.

Law wise, I don't see any conflict with you using RnD to upgrade parts of the station. So long as there is no one around who is or wants to use RnD. The moment anyone even looks like they want to use RnD you just leave.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #163074

I go janidrone nearly each time because it's easy and trivial to do unlike repairing things, obviously I don't clean gang signs or cult runes but that's about it.

>acting like a janitor is violating your laws

hm

if you're just putting out drinks without care for anyone, I don't see how that breaks your rules. You're improving the station arguably, in a round about way, especially if you place them neatly on tables. Same with botany. You're not interfering with any beings and maintenance and improvement of the hydroponic trays of the station is a legitimate task.

honestly, fuck the IC wording of the laws, just don't interfere with something someone is using and never go near anything a traitor is currently using and you should be fine
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #163075

I don't think you even can clean cult runes anymore. Like they're just plain immune to soap and shit now.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #163080

I usually ask myself a few questions before doing anything problematic as a drone:
1) Does doing this thing go against the station? (e.g. setting fire to stuff)
2) Does doing this thing actively interact with people? (e.g. healing people)
2) If I do this thing, will anyone be upset by it? (e.g. cleaning gang tags)

If the answer to any of those is 'yes', it's best not to do it. Healing the assistant after they get shocked from hacking a door would be interacting with them, which isn't okay; but fixing the door and leaving a medibot next to them would be alright also pretty bad, don't do this. If someone's trying to get back onto the station from space, fixing the wall they're deconstructing would upset them, even if it's not interacting with them, so that's not alright - but opening a nearby airlock, waiting for them to go inside, then fixing the wall is acceptable.
Last edited by TheNightingale on Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #163085

TheNightingale wrote:and leaving a medibot next to them would be alright.
Absolutely not.
TheNightingale wrote:but opening a nearby airlock, waiting for them to go inside,
Also no, but no way in hell anybody is going to try and question the intent behind a drone opening a door to go fix something.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #163093

If you are unsure what to do as a drone, ahelp. When drones were new I was playing as one and found a syndicate bomb in escape and ahelped asking if I should disarm it, as it would cause lots of damage to the station. Admins said "no" and that was that.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #163115

for drones you can usually err on the side of nonaction and get away with it.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #163119

Fucking drones trying to print shit out of R&D/steal materials WHILE I'M USING IT, god damn they're like space gypsies.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #163120

lumipharon wrote:Fucking drones trying to print shit out of R&D/steal materials WHILE I'M USING IT, god damn they're like space gypsies.
Toolbox it.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #163124

they're small targets that can table crawl and vent crawl - it's harder then you'd hope.
Last time it happened the drone wiped R&D and cut apc power until I got an admin to ban it.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #163125

Sounds like the system works then.

Also theres a newbie timer on drones around now (as of like a couple months ago) because of pubbies.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #163127

Improving the station is literally part of the drone lawset.

And so is janitorial work, because it is maintaining the station.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #163194

I've done DroneND before as a drone when rnd was vacant before and been perfectly fine. Same with janitor drone.
I've even gone around and used an rped to upgrade machines around the station. You aren't interacting with people.
If no one is in RND and it doesn't look like anyone will be there (it's completely vacant) then it's fine to do rnd. However if there are people in it or there's evidence that people are working it, you probably shouldn't.
If you really want to do RND and there are people there, the best way to go about it is print off circuit boards for an rnd setup and build your own rnd somewhere in maint.
Just don't print off stuff like bags of holding, or try and print when someone is using the console. That's the main complaint rnd players have. I doubt anyone would complain if you printed an RPED and parts and went around upgrading the station though.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #163198

palpatine213 wrote:If you really want to do RND and there are people there, the best way to go about it is print off circuit boards for an rnd setup and build your own rnd somewhere in maint.
Or just take em out of tech storage instead of wasting acid. Tons of shit in there that everybody somehow forgets about.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #163200

Just don't do shit that interacts with people/interferes in a round/damages the station.

This is not hard and anyone trying to rule lawyer me to justify shitty behaviour will get banned.

Also, for the record, the following things count as interfererence:-
  • Disabling atmospherics, even when it's flooding plasma/N2O/CO2
  • Disabling bombs
  • Cleaning gang signs
  • Moving medibots/beepskies to heal/capture someone
  • Fighting a Blob
  • Killing simple mobs
  • Spacing the nuke in an OPs shuttle
  • Sending the OP's ship away
  • Rendering the OP's shuttle inaccessible
  • FUCKING LEAVE THE OPS SHUTTLE ALONE
  • Undoing someone else's decorations or construction
  • BoH bombing a loose singularity
  • Interacting with people in any deliberate way
  • Bringing weapons/antagonist items to security
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #163212

Saegrimr wrote:
palpatine213 wrote:If you really want to do RND and there are people there, the best way to go about it is print off circuit boards for an rnd setup and build your own rnd somewhere in maint.
Or just take em out of tech storage instead of wasting acid. Tons of shit in there that everybody somehow forgets about.
Yeah that's what I usually do. Most of the boards are in tech storage, but not all.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #208829

Though people might not particularly agree with it, i find waiting a while (either by playing/observing) only to later die and taking that meta-knowledge on as a drone (as long as you don't directly reference it) actually helps gauge what needs doing, and give situational awareness and guidance to other drones (if comms aren't informative enough)

Being a drone is essentially a ghost with hands, and i understand the risk i am taking with that statement (putting my head on the block advocating meta-knowledge in this instance), but because you're so deliberately insignifiant to the round with very few if no means of communicating with sapients, its non impactful at all and actually prevents law breaking incidents from happening for yourself and others.

Most non-deliberate and accidental drone law breaks are instinctive reactions and actions born out of not knowing or being unable to percieve the situation due to the static field (though recently antags or some types have gotten colour outlines, however for new players this may be hard to know the colour code)

Here is a shorthand player guide on knowing how to handle a round as a drone.

> Nuclear operatives on board? (wire up the solars VERY QUICKLY) and go fort up in maint, dont fix explosive breaches, mind your own business = DO NOT TOUCH THE DISK
> Traitors?/changeling (same as above but more freedom to move about, let engineers clean up suspicious bomb holes, you are fire immune, only put out the plasma fires you start with a welder if accidents occur and try to lock down the area, otherwise other than preparation prior for human habitation, air quality is not your issue)
> Blob? go to the other side of the station and/or simply dont spawn at all because the blob ate the drone machine/relocate to lavaland
> Cult(/s) - Take precautions to avoid attention of cults wandering maint and space ruin hunting. Dont interact with cult by building lavaland bases for them to hide in or make summary lavaland bases too remote to find
> Shadowling? - go find a restrictive room and grab some mesons instead of using your drone light/go to lavaland or space ruin hunt
> Monkeys? - business as usual
> Xeno's - Ignore weeds/walls just move away or go off site
> Swarmers - just self suicide, these guys are too annoying and just go play a swarmer instead

Spoiler:
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Post by Slignerd » #208884

Usually as a Drone, I simply work on RnD as I would if I were a Scientist - but I mostly try to avoid the console if I see anyone else working there. Then, I would get a Bluespace RPED, and upgrade everything I can see with the parts available. Science and Cargo gets bluespace bins (22 pieces total), but more than that always feels like a waste, so I use super bins for the rest. For the sake of convenience, I can print some stuff, such as experimental welder, or bag of holding - but it's important not to be too much of a strain on the resources. Welder is fine most of the time, but BoH is a luxury for when Science is drowning in minerals. Don't be that drone who wastes everything away.

On the engineering side, I'd grab some metal, glass, rods, floor tiles, plasteel and wires and repair the station damage if I see any. It's what you're best off doing. What's more important is that if it's broken, it's the best to try your best to restore it to roundstart condition. If a reinforced window was broken, remove shards and rods from the tile and build a reinforced window, not a wall. If a reinforced wall was broken, try to build a reinforced wall instead of a regular one. Stuff like that.

Janitor drone is fine, but it should be subtle - use space cleaner instead of wetting the floors for people to slip on or ridin' a Pimpin' Ride. Also, you should mostly clean the hallways or medbay - if it's a fresh trail of someone who just got killed, you shouldn't clean it right away, as if covering up the crime.

Generally - help the station out, but do not get in anyone's way, don't hurt anyone and don't heal anyone - anything related to medical, security or antags is beyond your scope. Don't take high-risk items, don't touch any contraband. Don't thwart major sabotage - focus on the aftereffects instead. Fix broken windows, hacked airlocks or damaged tiles. Should be fine to seal breaches, too. But don't stop plasma floods or defuse bombs - someone still has business with that. Also, don't lift bolts if someone explicitly wants to keep an area locked down. No one likes that.
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #208939

I wish there was any IC way to word 'do not interfere with any other player or their actions to the best of your ability' in any comprehensible way. Because that's truly all that matters. Any attempt to go by the letter of laws, in such a complex game, will have people trying to wiggle around it. That may be tolerable for other things, but for drones, I'm glad we're reasonably hardcore on it.
RIP
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #208969

Fwoosh and Slig are right on the money here.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #209021

Playing a drone as someone with no regard to anyone else works fine. Cleaning is fine, building/repairs is fine, working on stuff is fine unless someone is trying to do it themselves and you'll hog their resources. Basically play as if nobody else is playing and you'll be gucci.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #209053

ShadowDimentio wrote:Playing a drone as someone with no regard to anyone else works fine. Cleaning is fine, building/repairs is fine, working on stuff is fine unless someone is trying to do it themselves and you'll hog their resources. Basically play as if nobody else is playing and you'll be gucci.
"B-but if nobody else is playing then why can't I remove bombs that were there since roundstart? Why can't I drag away plasma canisters that are moving on their own? Why can't I flood a station without anyone on?"
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #209059

DemonFiren wrote:
ShadowDimentio wrote:Playing a drone as someone with no regard to anyone else works fine. Cleaning is fine, building/repairs is fine, working on stuff is fine unless someone is trying to do it themselves and you'll hog their resources. Basically play as if nobody else is playing and you'll be gucci.
"B-but if nobody else is playing then why can't I remove bombs that were there since roundstart? Why can't I drag away plasma canisters that are moving on their own? Why can't I flood a station without anyone on?"
This is a perfectly acceptable situation

"b-bu-"
"You have been banned
"

It's nice having a non-essential role we can just shitstomp people out of if they decide to rules-lawyer.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #209061

Yes, but this just to demonstrate that there's no way to word a law that people won't whine about getting banned for because they followed it to the letter in such a fashion that allowed them to fuck around.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #209066

This is your daily reminder that MSO ruled that pAIs are not beings, so having a pAI buddy as a drone is fine.
Bring back papercult.

Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #209071

DemonFiren wrote:Yes, but this just to demonstrate that there's no way to word a law that people won't whine about getting banned for because they followed it to the letter in such a fashion that allowed them to fuck around.
Don't blame me, I wanted to get the non-interference laws replaced with a massive, OOC message like the ones sec and peace borgs get.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #209137

I was told by an admin once you can do basically anything as a drone if it a: doesn't create a hazard, and b: doesn't directly involve any being. I was given the ok to clean gang tags off the walls as long as no one was near the tag when I came upon it. That was fun, I went in circles cleaning up the entire station's tags before someone realized it was a drone doing it and shot me.

Doing RnD was fine as long as no one was using the machines. I waited till they left the room and filled a bluespace parts exchanger with the best parts and went around the station upgrading all the machines, cause they were too lazy to do it.
--Crocodillo

Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #209472

Generally it comes down to not interfering with mobs unless they're simple robots, don't touch corpses (if you must, put them back exactly or as near as you found them), don't touch anything that's antag related (so no touching atmospherics at all if it's been tampered with, as far as you know they're meant to be like that), don't touch anything that belongs to someone else and if you hear someone say "Drone stop what you're doing, you're interfering" then you bloody well stop.

You are allowed to fix the damage from a bomb blast (but you're not allowed to disarm a bomb or move it anywhere), you can fight fires but you're not allowed to stop the cause of the fire so that usually boils down to fire extinguishing the flames and replacing the floor tiles as they're burning. You're allowed to use hydroponics, do R&D, setup the engine, upgrade machinery, clean (unless there is an antagonist that relies on filth about), mine, build and make cable art if you want.

Basically it boils down to not creating obstacles for the crew/antagonists, not attacking anything and not preemptively fixing or sabotage-proofing something. If you're not sure whether something would be considered in violation, ask. Otherwise, assume it is until you get told otherwise. This is as simple as I could possibly make it.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #209474

> sabotage power
> Drones fix it again and again
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Bring back papercult.

Reyn
Byond Username: ReynTime13

Post by Reyn » #209522

Anonmare wrote:Just don't do shit that interacts with people/interferes in a round/damages the station.

Also, for the record, the following things count as interfererence:-
  • Disabling atmospherics, even when it's flooding plasma/N2O/CO2
  • Disabling bombs
  • Cleaning gang signs
  • Moving medibots/beepskies to heal/capture someone
  • Fighting a Blob
  • Killing simple mobs
  • Spacing the nuke in an OPs shuttle
  • Sending the OP's ship away
  • Rendering the OP's shuttle inaccessible
  • FUCKING LEAVE THE OPS SHUTTLE ALONE
  • Undoing someone else's decorations or construction
  • BoH bombing a loose singularity
  • Interacting with people in any deliberate way
  • Bringing weapons/antagonist items to security
Note that borg laws and drone laws are PROBABLY out the window in postround
More things which count as interfering, most deffinitely:
Fucking with the ai's/a borg's laws
Stealing CRITICALLY important stuff. (AKA tatorgoal stuff or stuff which needs to be used urgently)
Stealing the chap's soulstone shard and using it on a dead body to get a ghostly servant (THATS INTERFERING AND INTERACTING)
Calling the shittle
Welding off access
Being donald trump
Welderbombing
Lubing the floors
Bananna peel spam
Stealing in use bombs and shit
Making station announcements.
Killing people
ID modifying
Grafitti
Trying to get a date with :thelaw:
Stunbaton
Tazing peeps.
Stealing chap's shit
Screwing with the cults
Making disposal autismloops
Looting armoury* (Might be iffy)

Things which are extremely iffy in terms of interference:
Stealing from captain's locker if it's unatended
Stealing from any of the head's lockers.
Opening doors at random.
Stealing Syndie shit that people left lying around.
Stealing cult shit left lying around
Stealing tools and gear which are left lying around
Botany
Doing xenobiology
Messing with the teleporter
opening up blocked off areas of the station

Things which are likely ok, but are still supper silly for a drone to do
Stealing all the hats
Building a drone army with the drone production machine
Having backpacks full of inactive drones.
Being vent ninja
Writing notes to nobody in specific, just lying around.
Stealing money
making new parts of the station
Doing engineering's job because engineering is incompitent
Setting up engines
Drone fightclub
Stealing the captain's crown if it's not on the captain themself
Stealing a sombrero so you can be A mexican drone.
Putting up posters to make the station more lively (FREEDRONE POSTERS ARE POSSIBLY IFFY....)
Bannanna peel cleanup
Building consoles for everyone
Being a hat
Being a hat with a hat
not being a hat with a hat with a hat with a hat with a hat with a hat.
Staging the drone inquisition postround
Throwing the freon out of the station so no assholes release it and cause damage to the station, its not interference if nobody's doing it yet!
Holding all the c4 someone hid and throwing it out into space
Hold a war with nonstation drones, if thats ok
Walk as a group.
Create a drone hive
Being that one cuck who just walks around the vents all day to make surenothing goes wrong.
Be at war with the clockwork cult's drones(That should be ok)
Be at war with the swarmers(Swarmers are drones, you know)
Group up on the shuttle in one room.
I play Trevor Fea on Bagil, And Giorno Giovanna on terry. Yes, I'm THAT raging asshole. Sorry for being such a cunt.
Have I told you how much I hate engineering, by the way?
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #209558

Well, occasionally when I see an ID with ID modification access lying around on the Bridge/Captain Office with no one around, I like making myself a "Maintenance Drone" ID with no name given from one of the regular spare IDs and give it nothing but RC announcement console access, then use it for "maintenance reports" in RD Office. But not "yo, I'm a dank sentient drone" that I've seen some drones do with Captain's announcements. More like "X maintenance actions have been performed", if you really feel the need to let the station know. Make it seem like an automated system, instead of ramblings of an obnoxious bored ghost.

It's somewhat stretching the line, but the important bit is that you don't refer to any beings and that nothing important will be looted from such drone in the event it's killed - which is something I feel drones should pay attention to. The original ID card should be left right where it was, and any traitor thinking that a Drone ID might be all-access, or even any door access would be greatly disappointed.

Also... Regarding the "likely okay" things...
Reyn wrote:- Holding all the c4 someone hid and throwing it out into space
No. Interfering with a traitor's contraband stash definitely isn't acceptable.
Reyn wrote:Be at war with the clockwork cult's drones(That should be ok)
Be at war with the swarmers(Swarmers are drones, you know)
Drone laws forbid harming any other beings, drone or not.
killerx09
Byond Username: Killerx09

Post by killerx09 » #211364

Purely hypothetically, what happens if you, as a drone, take the nuke disk and crawl into a vent, only to get assploded while in the vent?
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #211393

> Touching the nuke disk as a drone

Just don't do it. Ever.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #211398

I wish drones could interact with each other at least, drone fight club is pretty fun
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #211403

Wyzack wrote:I wish drones could interact with each other at least, drone fight club is pretty fun
As long as you are not harming (dealing damage) other drones, you can interact with them.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #211405

but that rules out fight club, which is awesome. Especially if you make a cool maint arena to host it in (no carbons allowed)
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #211407

If it's consensual I doubt anyone would adminhelp or any admin would care.

Someone should just replace the drone laws because they're meaningless garbage and people think it means you get to rules lawyer them like you do AI.

Just don't interact with living creatures, and don't impact the general flow of the round (for example, by following a traitor and """helpfully""" fix everything he breaks while you """"ignore"""" him)
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #211414

You can rule lawyer as AI?
Last edited by Slignerd on Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #211417

going all monkey's paw on some chump when they upload a carelessly-worded freeform law is one of the most fun parts of playing AI
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #211433

Yeah, but you definitely aren't allowed to loophole under the standard lawset, or even under any of the other pre-existing lawsets, no matter how terribly worded (I'm looking at you, Paladin, Robocop and Corporate)

With drones it's no different - it's just never relevant, since drone laws never get changed.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #211958

Drone laws state that you cannot interfere with a non-drone being as I recall
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #213025

Update - 'Friendly' mobs no longer aggro drones

Implicatively though mining mobs will not leave you alone making it hard to mind your own business.

Spoiler:
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #213040

FantasticFwoosh wrote: Implicatively though mining mobs will not leave you alone making it hard to mind your own business.
Sounds like another good reason to never leave the station if you're a drone.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #213041

Atlanta-Ned wrote:
FantasticFwoosh wrote: Implicatively though mining mobs will not leave you alone making it hard to mind your own business.
Sounds like another good reason to never leave the station if you're a drone.
It doesn't matter really because drones are infinite anyway, you can just bait all the mining mobs into a area of the map/conveyor belt directly into a chasm.

Spoiler:
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #213044

Yeah, go do that. Totally won't get you banned from drone
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #213105

TheColdTurtle wrote:Yeah, go do that. Totally won't get you banned from drone
As long as they don't physically interfere with the mobs (I.E. Attack them) or lead them to, say, the mining station or an Ash ligger hideout, it's pretty kosher. You can hardly be held responsible for mob AI specifically targeting you - just don't abuse it to get another player killed or to save another player from getting killed.

To be honest, I don't really care about Drone/Mob interference nearly as much as Drone/Player since mobs simply don't know not to bother drones.
If a Drone leads a mob into a location that would almost certainly lead to it getting killed, I don't consider it a violation since the Drone didn't interfere with it - the mob got itself killed.

I'd rather mob AI just ignored Drones altogether, it would be so much simpler to enforce Drone non-interference if the mobs didn't bother drones.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #213108

just don't go training the mobs like that guy in everquest back in the day

tl;dr one of the zones that was close to one of the low-level starting zones was full of horrible high level monsters, and this guy would shoot the monsters once to aggro them, then immediately run into newbietown where they would slaughter just about everyone
Poorman
Byond Username: ThePoorman

Post by Poorman » #213111

But I can take any hat I want, right?

Also, as a Drone I generally want to get at least one gun by the end of the round, if only because joining the post round brawl as a drone with a gun is fucking hilarious.