Medbay Access

iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Medbay Access

Post by iamgoofball » #177854

Is medbay supposed to be treated as an all access public area or a medical staff area?

Can I kick people out of medbay as the sec guard for the area when they trespass or can I expect an bwoink?

Can I kill the shit out of assistants who react to "i got kicked out of medbay" with "i'm going to build a fucking all access door in the side of medbay and use it to get in and steal all the supplies for personal use" and not get bwoinked as a CMO?
Last edited by iamgoofball on Thu May 19, 2016 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Medbay Access

Post by Saegrimr » #177857

iamgoofball wrote:Can I kick people out of medbay as the sec guard for the area when they trespass
Is it "I'm bleeding and I need a medkit NOW" or "Wandering around to loot from genetics and mash sleeper buttons"
iamgoofball wrote:Can I kill the shit out of assistants who
Or you could drag them to the brig like a normal human, you have stun gear for a reason.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #177859

Saegrimr wrote:Is it "I'm bleeding and I need a medkit NOW" or "Wandering around to loot from genetics and mash sleeper buttons"
It's "i waltzed in and am camping the storage doors waiting to grab myself my personal medkits"

Saegrimr wrote:Or you could drag them to the brig like a normal human, you have stun gear for a reason.
Whoops, forgot to amend this part to it:
Can I kill the shit out of assistants who react to "i got kicked out of medbay" with "i'm going to build a fucking all access door in the side of medbay and use it to get in and steal all the supplies for personal use" and not get bwoinked as a CMO?
Will adjust the OP, my fuckup there
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #177861

I kind of wish that there was less break in to some of the areas, yeah. Maybe a waiting room that's actually used and there would be a button that says on the medical radio that there is a critical patient in the waiting room.

This would really help, but maybe it's too slow for this kind of server.

Also, when I play CMO, I fucking hate it when they take all the medkits like fucking hell you could start a bonfire with all that charcoal
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #177918

I absoloutely hate it when people waste all the medkits for their minor injuries that would have been easily healed if they let me put them in the sleeper.

>inb4 "b-but the MD might be antag and dose me on morphine!" meme
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #177926

This is a very broad and vague question(s).

There is plenty of legitimate reasons to be in medbay as non medical staff, as well as reasons to urgently get in/break in if need be.
This is not the same thing as shifty totallynotcultistsorrevs loitering around, or greys trying to loot the saw/medkits/hulk.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #177930

I just gave up on trying to fight people, if they want a med kit I just let them in to get one since we have spares, it's not worth it picking fights with all of them when they might have weapons or get a lucky hit on you
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Post by J_Madison » #177939

If you treat MedBay like shit; i.e steal medkits.

I would sure hope you don't arrive in MedBay in crit or dead for the rest of the round. You won't be cloned, and you won't be revived.
That's the policy I follow; don't fuck with the guy that touches your food, don't fuck with the guy whom your life is entrusted to.

I won't waste time trying to outplay you when you'll only outplay yourself.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #177948

Why waste time trying to outplay you when I can sleep with the qt medbay nurses instead.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #177963

oranges wrote:Why waste time trying to outplay you when I can sleep with the qt medbay nurses instead.
ERP is banned
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #177965

Sleep isn't ERP
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #177983

iamgoofball wrote:Is medbay supposed to be treated as an all access public area or a medical staff area?

Can I kick people out of medbay as the sec guard for the area when they trespass or can I expect an bwoink?

Good, look at these two parts carefully:
Spoiler:
as the sec guard
Spoiler:
Can I kill the shit out of assistants who
You have the gear to arrest people nonlethally. Your job isn't to play Valid Hunter mcHunter and act as the executioner when you could detain people without even harming them.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #177986

firecage wrote:Good, look at these two parts carefully...
iamgoofball wrote:Can I kill the shit out of assistants who react to "i got kicked out of medbay" with "i'm going to build a fucking all access door in the side of medbay and use it to get in and steal all the supplies for personal use" and not get bwoinked as a CMO?/
The "can I kill people who grief medbay" was specifically as a CMO. The "can I kick people out" was as an officer.
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #177997

Amputations are fun, when people wanna steal supplies just steal their limbs and put em in a freezer.

In all seriousness killing them is probably a bit far, buckle cuff them to a stretcher and have sec pick them up. Anyone who doesn't trust medbay enough to get healed there can look in maint for something else.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #178047

Armhulen wrote:I kind of wish that there was less break in to some of the areas, yeah. Maybe a waiting room that's actually used and there would be a button that says on the medical radio that there is a critical patient in the waiting room.
This is actually a pretty nice idea.

Though the main issue is people are really really REALLY bad at manning their department (with exception of cargo and most good HOP's)
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #178067

TheNightingale wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:Can I kill the shit out of assistants who react to "i got kicked out of medbay" with "i'm going to build a fucking all access door in the side of medbay and use it to get in and steal all the supplies for personal use" and not get bwoinked as a CMO?/
The "can I kill people who grief medbay" was specifically as a CMO. The "can I kick people out" was as an officer.
Fine, then why not call security instead of trying to get your valids?
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #178070

peoplearestrange wrote:
Armhulen wrote:I kind of wish that there was less break in to some of the areas, yeah. Maybe a waiting room that's actually used and there would be a button that says on the medical radio that there is a critical patient in the waiting room.
This is actually a pretty nice idea.

Though the main issue is people are really really REALLY bad at manning their department (with exception of cargo and most good HOP's)
Yeah, the only problem is that people won't bother, we're talking about tg.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #178077

firecage wrote:
TheNightingale wrote:
Fine, then why not call security instead of trying to get your valids?
But security is busy hunting antags and by that point all my supplies have disappeared.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #178087

Tbh it's security that usually steals my medical supplies.
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #178144

I think if shithead mcGrey is stealing medical supplies he obviously doesn't need then it should be fine for medbay staff to push his shit in, like any other department defending their workspace. I think it should really be a common sense situational thing. If some assistant takes a medkit, he might want it for some reason, that's not a big deal. But like Goof's example if they just weld their way in and take half of the medical supplies, then doctors should be allowed to make sure to kick their ass until they need that many medical supplies.

Especially if they just weld their way in. How many doctors would flat out refuse to give you a handful of brute/burn patches or a stack of bruise patch/ointments if you just asked them? You can get a lot of shit from people in this game if you just ask...
--Crocodillo

iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #178145

using this as an example because it literally happened btw

ended up NOT kicking their ass because 5 minutes after they WELDED DOWN THE WALLS someone found a blob in maint and then blob alert popped

but the fact they did all this shit before blob was confirmed is fucking terrible
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #178229

Yeah it's not ERP I'm just getting a massage.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #178351

I would support medical staff if they removed both legs and an arm from medkit thieves.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #178357

This would really help, but maybe it's too slow for this kind of server.

Also, when I play CMO, I fucking hate it when they take all the medkits like fucking hell you could start a bonfire with all that charcoal
See that area out front with the chairs and reception desk and front desk of the pharmacy?

We should totally make that the waiting room!
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:I would support medical staff if they removed both legs and an arm from medkit thieves.
We is now a sharia law station, innit bruv?
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #178360

tfw medbay will never be comfy again
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
demas
Byond Username: Drunkas

Post by demas » #178370

iamgoofball wrote: Can I kick people out of medbay as the sec guard for the area when they trespass or can I expect an bwoink?
No

Why would you want to do this in the first place

Other than to be a territorial douchebag
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #178537

MEDBAY IS NOT A COMMON AREA

ASSISTANTS GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEE
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #178558

If people are literally bleeding out and dying in the lobby then you're going to get bwoinked for attempting to kick them out.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #178582

Zilenan91 wrote:If people are literally bleeding out and dying in the lobby then you're going to get bwoinked for attempting to kick them out.
Congrats on non reading the thread
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #180678

Personally, I let them steal their meds and then stuff them in a morgue tray without cloning if they show up dead

Help yourself now, assclown
yackemflam
Byond Username: Yackemflam

Post by yackemflam » #181017

Just beat up those without legit reasons to be in medbay into crit.
Morphine their asses.
And then use the meds they wanted to steal.
Then kick their morphined ass out of medbay.
NSFW:
I will admit I was laughing pretty hard during your skit in the boxing ring. - seagrimr
Spoiler:
Playing on the server isn't something you're entitled to. There's an extremely small level of responsibiliy on your part to play hhundreds of hours of a free game run by fuckheads. - Stickymayhem
A retards guide on how to make a maxcap bomb in toxins.
NSFW:
You`ll need:
1-6 Plasma tanks 1-6 Oxygen tanks
1-6 tank transfer valve
2 Plasma canister
2 Oxygen canister
1 Yellow (empty) canister
Wrench
Toxins lab access
Science testing lab access

Grab a oxygen tank and a plasma tank and bring them to the testing lab.
Super cool the Oxygen and superheat the Plasma.

Clean out the oxygen and plasma tanks with a filter/pump.

Then you wrench and unwrench the plasma and oxygen tanks in toxins. It`s important tha you do it one at a time. Try to get a 85%plasma and 15% oxygen mix.

Once you have a good burn mix, pump the mix into the burn chamber and light it on fire. Wait 10 seconds for it to heat up and pump it into a yellow (empty) canister.

Quickly set the kpa output to 163 kpa and fill the tanks with the burn mix.

Take the oxygen tanks and fill it up with a 613kpa worth of oxygen FIRST then fill the rest with plasma, you should get well over 2000kpa in the end.

With the new atmos system you should wait 5-10 minutes for you tanks to bake.

Take a tank transfer valve, add a oxygen tank and a plasma tank to it. You should have a maxcap bomb. Have fun blowing up the station mining!