Multiple antag types and conversions within the same round

Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Multiple antag types and conversions within the same round

Post by Saegrimr » #191343

So this is something we don't currently have any guidelines, rules, or anything close to what we should do in a situation where for example:
1: There's a cult
2: There's traitors
3: There's lings
4: There's gangs
5: Xenomorphs which are convertible to cult for some reason.
6: Malf AI and Ratvar
All mixed in the same round.

Normally this just doesn't happen, save for xenos and badmin button pushing. With datum antags Soon™, something like this might actually pop up naturally on its own. So i'd like to have an open discussion about what takes precedence when it comes to your objectives.

Traitors flashed by a head rev, kill whoever, help revs? Cult Xenomorphs, listen to queen or narsie? Ling cult, same deal here? Nuke Op getting ganged? Cultist getting flashed by head rev?
There are a lot of weird ass combinations to keep in mind.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Re: Multiple antag types and conversions within the same rou

Post by Okand37 » #191355

I believe the conversion gamemodes should come first, because they're essentially brainwashing.
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #191362

What if your target is a member of your team?

Even worse, what if your target is your leader?
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #191363

What if you are a ganger who gets converted into a cultist? Is that even possible? Logically it would make sense that the last conversion would be the overriding one, right? No matter what kind of antag you are, if you get converted into another antag then that takes priority.

If your objective is part of the team, then too bad. No greentext for you. Consider it a loss the moment you got converted.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #191397

I'd say the team antag should always come first, except when the solo antag specifically overrides it. You shouldn't kill the CE if they're a cultist and you need to steal their blueprints, but similarly, they should give you the blueprints, because you're on the same team. If your objective is "kill the CE", though, they're fair game. Xenomorphs must never go against their queen's wishes, no matter what.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #191399

Team antags are team antags, no exceptions. Doesn't matter if you're a ling/traitor/whatever. You have the icon, you work for that group. If your objective goes against the group, tough titty, suck it up and red text. No one cares.

Follow the group whose icon is above your character it's really that fucking simple.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #191401

Can't wait for the xeno gang, that poor queen must be so upset that her babies are dealing weed and acting roadman.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #191407

what if people understood that admins messing up the roundtype antags may possibly ruin peoples rounds sometimes and that's okay
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #191410

Reece wrote:Can't wait for the xeno gang, that poor queen must be so upset that her babies are dealing weed and acting roadman.
> Alien queen grounds her children for joining a gang and commands them to stay in their rooms

I like it
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #191453

Well in incoming's original design doc, the list was something like Sling>Cults>Rev>Gang>Personal Objectives (ling, tator, etc.)
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #191463

There is a sort-of-similar situation.

1: be traitor
2: fuck up, get forceborged
3: be now subservient to AI+laws, tough titty 'cause your objectives don't matter any more.
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #191473

it has to be team antag first

if you can still achieve your original objectives you're free to go for it but at least you shouldn't be able to kill your allies. if your target is on your side you can't just murder them.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #191480

Alright, but what about within conversion antags themselves. Whose brainfuck is stronger?
I don't think we have to worry about Narsie vs Ratvar, since that's already covered i'm sure.

What if you flash a cultist? Cult a xeno? Gang a rev?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #191482

i think it would probably be better to nip that in the bud. your current allegiance should take primacy over any new brainwashing attempts. codewise i don't think many of those should even be possible, as it will lead to an administrative clusterfuck and it's simply too confusing to the end user.

being two team antags at once shouldn't be possible except as a result of an event or something. making this a reality is probably not too difficult on coderbus' end. there's already sort of a precedent in the resistance of traitor cyborgs to being emagged, for instance.
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #191483

And then when we go back to traitors. What if the traitor cults objectives are to escape alone, the same can be said with changelings. Or they have objectives to kill another member of said gang/cult/rev/whatever. You can't just say that "Oh, the brainwashing of Revs/Cults/Gangs/Whatever is stronger", and then also suddenly make snowflake exceptions which would make everything related to this annoying to deal with, especially as a player. Since it would effectively be silicon policy for antags, a huge, bloated mess which would make antags less fun to play since they have to carefully tiptoe around without breaking anything.

And what Saegrimr also said, and then which team antag mode with brainwashing gets the upperhand over the other? Someone who is both a Cult and a Gang, who will they serve first, the cult, or the gang.

Honestly, cultists being paranoid of possible danger from fellow cultists sounds like a good thing. You shouldn't ever trust anyone.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #191485

Just have it so if you're in one you can't be in another. Like a ling walks down the hall and a ganghead tries to pen them and they both get a message about how it fails/they just nearly got converted.

This is the part where the ganghead whips out an uzi and the traitor whips out a revolver and agree they won't rat on each other, or alternatively where they both shoot each other dead only for the HoS to show up immediately afterwards.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Jacough

Post by Jacough » #191497

I personally think the best thing is to keep it simple. Team antag overides everything, plain and simple. Anyone who complains about it can eat a dick. They're still antags with all the benefits their initial antag position has to offer so there's really nothing to bitch about.
What if you flash a cultist? Cult a xeno? Gang a rev?
Again, keep it simple. Your latest conversion should determine where your loyalty lies.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #191498

Gets ugly if you're a culted xeno, though.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #191514

The only time people have ever culted xenoes in real play started with the queen in xenobio pen, though.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
DrWoofington
Byond Username: Evsey9

Post by DrWoofington » #191557

firecage wrote:And then when we go back to traitors. What if the traitor cults objectives are to escape alone, the same can be said with changelings. Or they have objectives to kill another member of said gang/cult/rev/whatever. You can't just say that "Oh, the brainwashing of Revs/Cults/Gangs/Whatever is stronger", and then also suddenly make snowflake exceptions which would make everything related to this annoying to deal with, especially as a player. Since it would effectively be silicon policy for antags, a huge, bloated mess which would make antags less fun to play since they have to carefully tiptoe around without breaking anything.

And what Saegrimr also said, and then which team antag mode with brainwashing gets the upperhand over the other? Someone who is both a Cult and a Gang, who will they serve first, the cult, or the gang.

Honestly, cultists being paranoid of possible danger from fellow cultists sounds like a good thing. You shouldn't ever trust anyone.
No it doesn't.
If you get converted, deal with it and play.
Why convert if people that were converted still can kill you? What's the point? Might as well not convert.
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #191562

Yeah people got it pretty much on the mark, team objectives trump personal objectives if they conflict with each other. If they don't conflict and you can reasonably try for both then that's fine, go for the rare doublegreentext.

But all this is just unenforced policy right now.
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #191563

I dunno, i think it would be most interesting to force traitors and stuff to still cooperate with their team as much as they can, but allow them to complete their objectives even if it interferes with the team. So murdering your entire cult for lulz is not okay, but quietly assassinating one of the members and trying to cover your ass to the others is. Not everything needs to be risk free you cowards, remember when paranoia was a thing?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #191573

I think that Wyzack has a point here. Converted traitors should not act against their team, unless it benefits their objective.
Bring back papercult.

Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #191575

obviously this would not be as easy to administrate but i think it would be worth it
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #191586

Of course, there's always an alternative - traitors can't be converted. They already can't be recruited into clockcult (but can be recruited into regular cult).
Bring back papercult.

MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #191600

InsaneHyena wrote:Of course, there's always an alternative - traitors can't be converted. They already can't be recruited into clockcult (but can be recruited into regular cult).
Are you positive about that?

I can't find a single instance where traitor minds resist clockwork conversion, so I'm pretty sure they're as vulnerable as anyone else.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #191607

Honestly I'd say make OPs/Traitors and Changelings immune to anything shy of shadowling conversion. Antagonists rarely have reason to rat on each other unless they get in each other's way and allowing the conversion to go through could be considered pretty shitty if there was never any real chance they could have accomplished their objectives.

To explain away why the conversions don't work on the solo antagonists (for you lorefags), Traitors and OPs can be fluffed as having training to resist memetics or forced ideological conversion and malfunctioning AIs are too corrupted for clockcult brainwashing to stick. Changelings you can fluff as their brain chemistry being too weird/loyalty to the hive too strong to alter. Xenos could be vulnerable to supernatural conversion, flashes and gang implants don't work on them due to a lack of eyes and incompatible biology. Swarmers could be converted by Ratvar, it doesn't make a huge difference if they're unaligned or aligned in all honesty - not like they can hurt you.

Wizards are literally magic and think your attempts at brainwashing are adorable.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #191612

Shadowlings are out.

Elder gods should probably still be able to get into any brain that doesn't have a FUCK YOU implant, though.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #191617

I can't find a single instance where traitor minds resist clockwork conversion, so I'm pretty sure they're as vulnerable as anyone else.
Well, it happened a while ago, but I couldn't convert traitors. Maybe it got fixed.
Bring back papercult.

MrEousTranger
Byond Username: Mr.EousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #191628

Xeno cultist.
Convert human cultists to xenos
CULT OF THE XENO QUEEN.
One person on this planet wrote:Wow you're funny and original Eous
I don't play often but when I do I'm Kyp Astar normally a sec role unless I'm bored and go assistant.
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #191642

Wyzack wrote:I dunno, i think it would be most interesting to force traitors and stuff to still cooperate with their team as much as they can, but allow them to complete their objectives even if it interferes with the team. So murdering your entire cult for lulz is not okay, but quietly assassinating one of the members and trying to cover your ass to the others is. Not everything needs to be risk free you cowards, remember when paranoia was a thing?
What about Escape Alone then? Since it would mean you would have to prevent Nar-Sie from being summoned since he would ruin that, the same with Ratvar. And they would have to destroy Dominators aswell if they are a gangster. Or, at worst, kill everyone.
yackemflam
Byond Username: Yackemflam

Post by yackemflam » #191787

It should be like this, whatever antag you get first is your primary antag.

Because this'll simplify things in the future when a traitor murderbones a lot and then gets converted by revs and it turns out that he killed 8 people RIGHT before he got converted.
NSFW:
I will admit I was laughing pretty hard during your skit in the boxing ring. - seagrimr
Spoiler:
Playing on the server isn't something you're entitled to. There's an extremely small level of responsibiliy on your part to play hhundreds of hours of a free game run by fuckheads. - Stickymayhem
A retards guide on how to make a maxcap bomb in toxins.
NSFW:
You`ll need:
1-6 Plasma tanks 1-6 Oxygen tanks
1-6 tank transfer valve
2 Plasma canister
2 Oxygen canister
1 Yellow (empty) canister
Wrench
Toxins lab access
Science testing lab access

Grab a oxygen tank and a plasma tank and bring them to the testing lab.
Super cool the Oxygen and superheat the Plasma.

Clean out the oxygen and plasma tanks with a filter/pump.

Then you wrench and unwrench the plasma and oxygen tanks in toxins. It`s important tha you do it one at a time. Try to get a 85%plasma and 15% oxygen mix.

Once you have a good burn mix, pump the mix into the burn chamber and light it on fire. Wait 10 seconds for it to heat up and pump it into a yellow (empty) canister.

Quickly set the kpa output to 163 kpa and fill the tanks with the burn mix.

Take the oxygen tanks and fill it up with a 613kpa worth of oxygen FIRST then fill the rest with plasma, you should get well over 2000kpa in the end.

With the new atmos system you should wait 5-10 minutes for you tanks to bake.

Take a tank transfer valve, add a oxygen tank and a plasma tank to it. You should have a maxcap bomb. Have fun blowing up the station mining!
Sidon
Byond Username: Sidon

Post by Sidon » #191793

Why is a code issue in policy
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #191795

Sidon wrote:Why is a code issue in policy
Because currently this is something that wasn't even possible by code standards, save for badmin interaction. As I said before with datum antags maybe ever this century this could come up naturally.

Whether this just turns into policy, or a guideline on how to code a hierarchy of antags to prevent multiple conversions outright is to be seen later.
Jacough

Post by Jacough » #191812

yackemflam wrote:It should be like this, whatever antag you get first is your primary antag.

Because this'll simplify things in the future when a traitor murderbones a lot and then gets converted by revs and it turns out that he killed 8 people RIGHT before he got converted.
And then the traitor jumps back up after getting converted and immediately murders the rev head who flashed him because "huehuehue gotta go for high score" and then the ahelps start pouring in as he goes around murdering as many revs as he can for shits and giggles. You want to keep things simple? Team antag comes first.

And again, as far as "escape alone" objectives go, the way I see it is, tough shit. If you're really upset about it then you can go eat a dick. You've still got a shot at greentext through your new team antag objective so focus on pulling your fair share with your new found buddies instead of crying like a bitch over the fact that they're no longer valid.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #191882

I know it's fun to devise antag priority based on fluff but you can't expect players to remember that sling takes precedence over gang and so on, just make it so that the last conversion takes priority and be done with it. You are traitor and get converted by cult? You're a cultist now. You're a ganger and get slinged? You are a thrall. You're a cult and get revved? You're a rev, go kill the cultist CE. You're a kid? You're a squid now.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #191883

I do not think we should cater to the lowest common denominator of mouth breathing dipshit that cannot remember a list of like 6 things
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #191884

We could just wait until datum antags are fully completed and not give traitors conversion abilities in the meantime
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #191885

Wyzack wrote:I do not think we should cater to the lowest common denominator of mouth breathing dipshit that cannot remember a list of like 6 things
New players do join frequently.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #191906

Doesn't "escape alone" allow for other antags to be on the shuttle with you anyway?
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #191907

I can't wait to see admins bwoinking people and going "You shouldn't have killed your thrall mate even though you got revved because CLEARLY thrall takes precedence over rev as described in this handy .doc I have hidden somewhere on the wiki, ding dong bannu"
yackemflam
Byond Username: Yackemflam

Post by yackemflam » #191908

Jacough wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It should be like this, whatever antag you get first is your primary antag.

And then the traitor jumps back up after getting converted and immediately murders the rev head who flashed him because "huehuehue gotta go for high score" and then the ahelps start pouring in as he goes around murdering as many revs as he can for shits and giggles. You want to keep things simple? Team antag comes first.

And again, as far as "escape alone" objectives go, the way I see it is, tough shit. If you're really upset about it then you can go eat a dick. You've still got a shot at greentext through your new team antag objective so focus on pulling your fair share with your new found buddies instead of crying like a bitch over the fact that they're no longer valid.
But then people would get confused when team antags take over other team antags.
What if you are a cult who got ganged?

First come first serve, and admins can reply to those ahelps with 'valid' like they do with everything else that is valid.
NSFW:
I will admit I was laughing pretty hard during your skit in the boxing ring. - seagrimr
Spoiler:
Playing on the server isn't something you're entitled to. There's an extremely small level of responsibiliy on your part to play hhundreds of hours of a free game run by fuckheads. - Stickymayhem
A retards guide on how to make a maxcap bomb in toxins.
NSFW:
You`ll need:
1-6 Plasma tanks 1-6 Oxygen tanks
1-6 tank transfer valve
2 Plasma canister
2 Oxygen canister
1 Yellow (empty) canister
Wrench
Toxins lab access
Science testing lab access

Grab a oxygen tank and a plasma tank and bring them to the testing lab.
Super cool the Oxygen and superheat the Plasma.

Clean out the oxygen and plasma tanks with a filter/pump.

Then you wrench and unwrench the plasma and oxygen tanks in toxins. It`s important tha you do it one at a time. Try to get a 85%plasma and 15% oxygen mix.

Once you have a good burn mix, pump the mix into the burn chamber and light it on fire. Wait 10 seconds for it to heat up and pump it into a yellow (empty) canister.

Quickly set the kpa output to 163 kpa and fill the tanks with the burn mix.

Take the oxygen tanks and fill it up with a 613kpa worth of oxygen FIRST then fill the rest with plasma, you should get well over 2000kpa in the end.

With the new atmos system you should wait 5-10 minutes for you tanks to bake.

Take a tank transfer valve, add a oxygen tank and a plasma tank to it. You should have a maxcap bomb. Have fun blowing up the station mining!
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #191914

Tbh It'd just make sense to make it impossible for some antags to be converted. Maybe put them on a scale and only allow conversions if the convertee's antagonist weight is lower than the converter's.

0 - Regular crew/Non-antagonists/Abductors/Xenobiology Humanoids/Neutral Humanoids
1 - Non-head Revolutionaries/Gang Members/Greentext
2 - Swarmers/Xenomorphs/Malfunctioning Cyborgs (classic malfunctioning AI)
3 - Revolutionary Leaders/Gang Bosses/Cultists (Blood and clock)/Traitors/Changelings/Operatives/Shadowling Thralls/Malfunctioning AIs/Cyborgs synced to a Traitor AI
4 - Shadowlings/Blob-Infected personnel (If we ever go back to classic Blob)
5 - Wizards/Umbras/Devils

Under this system, Gang leaders could convert revolutionaries but not the revheads themselves. Clock cultists could convert unsynced classic malfunctioning unsynced cyborgs but not ones that are synced to a malfunctioning AI. Shadowlings can convert gang bosses but not vice-versa.
There'd probably have to be a few code-exceptions to stop some weird happenings like bloodcult swarmers but I think it'd be better to let code rather than policy handle this.
Jacough

Post by Jacough » #191934

Then you're a gang member instead of a cultist now. Just pay attention to that pretty little symbol next to your character and help whoever else has that symbol. It's pretty straight forward.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #191946

Another code solution would be something similar to mindshield implants.

If you're in a converted role, you're treated as "implanted" by that faction and only specific things remove that status (revs being implanted puts them back in the "crew" faction, while implanting a cultist doesn't deconvert them but does prevent future conversion, etc)
Any method of conversion that doesn't work on implanted personnel fails if the person in question has been converted to something else already. Deconvert them first and you're good (by feeding them holy water or whatever)
Sidon
Byond Username: Sidon

Post by Sidon » #191992

Jacough wrote:
Then you're a gang member instead of a cultist now. Just pay attention to that pretty little symbol next to your character and help whoever else has that symbol. It's pretty straight forward.
Why are gang converts stronger than a cult?
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #192011

He never said it was stronger. You can just be re culted afterwards in this scenario
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #192012

Honestly, we should just make it so a situation like this doesn't happen, and maybe code out culting xenos and shit like that.

IMO it just seems like a lot of work to fix something that really should never happen
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #192041

You guys are overcomplicating it by way too much. A simple hierarchy, which we can list in the rules, will be perfectly fine and make sense.

I will make an executive decision for all circumstances we should all be able to agree on:

Silicon Laws
v
Thrall (getting removed anyways)
v
Cults (all are mutually exclusive)
v
Revolution
v
Gangs
v
Xeno Hive
v
Personal Allegiances:
-Traitor
-Ling
-Wizard
-Any Admin Objectives (Special circumstances apply ofc)
-Revenant (Not that they can be converted anyways)
-Ninja
-A few others but you get the idea
v
Teams (Ops, ERT, Etc.) (only if there is a conflict)

Blob: Immune to all other antag types
Last edited by Bawhoppennn on Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #192059

only option here making sense is the idea up above on group antags giving pseudo loyalty implants of their own, which prevent multiple antag types on one person but this is a code solution to a niche problem usually caused by badmins
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.